B.P do 99 Ron or 98??

jerry3167

i can get the 99 ron stuff at my tesco at martlesham, but i still get the BP 97 ron as i get the nectar points, :blush: am i sad.

at the end of the day tesco, shell saisburies, texaco etc all get their fule from the same depot, its just what and how they mix it.

at the end of the day tesco, shell saisburies, texaco etc all get their fule from the same depot, its just what and how they mix it.

However this makes a big difference ;) the zed is design for high RON fuel (100RON) which is readily available in the JDM 0r germany, so to make stated power or avoid the loss thereof by using lower octane fuel it makes sense to go as high as possible.

Currently only Tesco and BP do this and i use both at every opportunity! BP is overpriced when you consider it only a 97RON and the rest is crap because the fuel is stale or has crap additives !!

There was an independent controlled test on EVO magazine a while back, comparing the popular ultimate fuels from all the big players and Tesco 99 was tops :thumbs:

You also have the added advantage of 5p off if you spend £50 or above instore and collecting plus points;)

Shell v-power club points can be exchanged for airmiles or other stuff but i have to say unless you spend more time at their pumps you are never going to fly anywhere meaningful in a hurry :thumbdown:

the only thing i struggle to see in any of these fuels is more mileage for unit volume :dry:

Yep, Tesco 99 when I can, V-power otherwise, BP ultimate if I'm only really desperate and don't bother with anything else...................................... except when in the Scottish Highlands where beggars can't always be choosy, but then the roads there soon put the :D's back

I have always used 99 ron when I can from tesco. If needs be and it is unavailable I use the 97 ron stuff. The trick I've found is to check all of the pumps as some garages just have one pump dishing it out and others have loads. The 99 ron super unleaded has a green and silver sticker I think.