Dyno results info thread

IanS16

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Had mine in today with Chris at Dynatune, top bloke it has to be said. Results below. According to some Web search info, I calculate it to be around 290bhp @ the fly. Didn't reach the magic 300bhp but it's close enough for me just now. Think a better exhaust is in the pipeline too as Chris reckons the Toyosports are a bit on the restrictive side. Might opt for a custom true dual later this year.

Model: 05 DE gt with 70k on the clock

Mods: plenum spacer, Flyboy air box, K & N panel filter, Berks intake pipe, Toyosports exhaust, Japspeed decat pipes and uprev map

Dyno: Dynapack hub, done @ Dynatune, East Kilbride

BHP: @ the Hub 252.623

Torque: 249.136 @ 6100 rpm

• Like 2

Post number #166 above, has similar whp and made over 300hp at the flywheel

??....... how does he know that.......using a higher % loss calculation, I used the base line 15%. The link / pic isn't displaying for me.

Edit: just checked post #166 again.

Different dyno different day yada yada

Edited by Irn Bru

Different dyno shouldn't affect transmission losses? Also transmission losses isn't a percentage its an actual HP figure.

For example a stock car with 200bhp has losses of 30hp (170whp). If its then boosted and tuned to 400bhp, the whp would be 370 not 340whp (same brakes, wheels, tyres and pressures)

• Like 1

Nice results there irn bru :)

Cheers bud, was hoping for the 300 (aren't we all lol) but happy enough with that. Good thing was that the pre map readings were not far off from the remap readings, not a lot of gains made but that tells me my engine and associated bolt on mods prior to the remap are all good, nice to know I have a good heathy engine. Next stop a new exhaust I think.........then NoS kit lol

Different dyno shouldn't affect transmission losses? Also transmission losses isn't a percentage its an actual HP figure.

For example a stock car with 200bhp has losses of 30hp (170whp). If its then boosted and tuned to 400bhp, the whp would be 370 not 340whp (same brakes, wheels, tyres and pressures)

But different dynos give different readings, or so I've read. All pub talk figures anyways tbh. The only way to compare the two cars would be to do dyno runs back to back on the same dyno.

• Like 1

But different dynos give different readings, or so I've read. All pub talk figures anyways tbh. The only way to compare the two cars would be to do dyno runs back to back on the same dyno.

As you say dyno figures is all just pub talk.

What matters most is how it feels and performs now.

• Like 1

No not really , transmission losses are a percentage , the resistance goes up with the horsepower you are moving the same mass yes but quicker and so take more effort

• Like 1

No not really , transmission losses are a percentage , the resistance goes up with the horsepower you are moving the same mass yes but quicker and so take more effort

Am I calculating correctly using the "15%" guide Rich ?

Its varies, is the short answer :) . The easy way is to use the measured wheels or hubs figure rather than the calculated flywheel power because different dynos do the calculations differently

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

The ZR has just come back from Horsham Developments yesterday after its intermediate service and first bout of performance modifications (thanks to Jez, Richard and Craig) I'm astonished by the paper results - unfortunately due to a torn Achilles' tendon I won't be feeling the difference for a few weeks yet... All the better reason to wish for a speedy recovery!

Model: 2005 DE Roadster, 59k miles

Performance Mods: AEM filters, Motordyne ISO plenum spacer, Berks HFCs, Cobra cat back exhaust, H-Dev custom remap - all parts new except cobra cat back has been run in around 2000-3000 miles.

Dyno: Dyno dynamics (Horsham Developments)

BHP: 312.8 hp at the fly and just about 259 whp from what u can tell from the graph

Torque: 290 FtLb or just under from what I can tell on the graph

image_zpstmqybtgu.jpeg

image_zpsd7p45d76.jpeg

Second job my brother and I have entrusted to Horsham Developments, nothing but excellent feedback. Well done chaps, highly recommended.

• 2 weeks later...

Just got back from Abbey.

Had a really good day! Mark and family were really welcoming and full of banter, really nice people.

2005 DE (Non GT)

Velocity Stacker

Dry Gel piper cross air filter

Plenum spacer

Berks HFCs

Cobra Y-Pipe

Agency power back box

280hp @ the fly before the map

307hp @the fly after the map

Very happy with the results and it really has transformed the delivery of the power. I love it! Feels far more enthusiastic and has a proper sense of urgency when you put your foot down. So much more smoother and linear with a great response from the throttle. Happy days! :teeth:

I'll scan and put up the results @ the weekend.

• Like 1

Great result. Very jealous you've had a chance to drive yours - 8 more weeks before I'm out of my aircast boot to have a first drive post-remap :yuck:

8 weeks!! Bummer! Well you've done the pain so, get ready for the gain.

If it's anything like mine Stan, you're gonna love it, trust me, if you know your car you'll notice it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just had mine done today, was a tad disappointing for an 06 revup to be honest, but was expecting it.

Mods: Mrev2, 5/16 spacer, apexi panel filter, invidia decats and custom exhaust

Tuner: RS tuning Leeds with UpRev

Before: 261.1bhp

After: 274.2bhp

Dunno why Nissan overstates the actual power of the car by that much.

Tempted by supercharger now *cries*

DSC_0042_zps6esahqhz.jpg