Dole - and what weshould expect for it!!

I come into contact with some of lifes less favourable people on an almost daily basis. you all know the type. Third generation unemployed, some might say unemployable, who swan around their local estates like a 'gansta' with their cheap bling chains and tatty cars or bodged together scooters. they all have attitude and all think that life owes them a living.

Believe it or believe it not i often TRY to speak to these folk and get inside their head. (If successful I find my self in a dark empty place i can tell you)

They all talk about 'pay day' and when quizzed a little it transpires that this is 'GIRO DAY'. Now this is the one thing that successfully winds me up.

The dictionary describes pay as 'Give a person what is due for services done'. that being so how dare they call it pay!!!

I spoke to one of these 'people' today and he told me, sorry complained to me, that it took 15 minutes of his time every week to go and sign on and get his £100. That puts him on £400 per hour for that little exercise. The rest of the week is his to do with as he pleases.

When asked why he did not get a job he said a copule of things.

1. He wouldn't work for peanuts. (I thought thats what monkeys did)

2. Whats the point of getting a job and doing 40 hrs for another £30.

Now i have been doing a minimum of 40 hrs a week and often many many more for the last 33 years (Yes Thirty Three) so why should this guy get all that money - some might say MY money - for doing nothing.

the answer in my humble opinion is easy.

Make dole a 'job'.

You turn up at 9 am every day and carry out work for the state and society. This could be as simple as cleaning up public places. (Next time you go out look at the scope for public cleaning) If they had to put in 40 hours like the rest of us and got their 22 paid leave days a year they would be far more willing to take the job that offers an extra £30 if they were already doing 40 hrs a week.

Any failure to attend would result in deductions from their money. time off could be granted for job interviews etc but generally they would WORK for their money likje the rest of us.

Even if they attended compulsory training courses it would be a start.

Rant over

Ming the grumpy

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fully agree with Ming

There should be a clause included for when you sign on that automatically voluteers you for:

- medical trials

- minesweeping with a hammer

- scrubbing of greater city sewage systems

- moving targets for army exercises

- sentry duty within the channel tunnel to keep illegal immigrants out

- taser gun efficiency subjects

- public park dog poo removers (no gloves provided)

you are more than welcome to add your own suggestions

I agree - if they want their money there is plenty of things they can do like clear up the streets etc.

I also think that if you don't have a job after looking for 6 months then you get minimum hand-out, if your found down the pub or having any luxuries like sky, beer, smoking then it keeps getting cut. If they complain they don't have enough to eat they get given rice like 3rd world countries.

As for the work thing - I can see from some peoples view why they don't want to go back to work if they end up with less money but IMO if they find a job that actually pays less than thier benifit then they do the job and they are given the rest to make up to the same total. This gets people out and working, with the chance of getting up the ladder.

So many things in this society thats soooo wrong i.e. why is every person in prison not doing something to pay for their accommodation like most other people. There are plenty of jobs they could do. If they don't want to work they done get out.

Ming, you have hit the nail on the head there. In effect we are paying for a 'workforce' that are doing nothing. Why not make them earn a bit of that 'pay' that they get.

The people who I feel sorry for are those on the dole that want to work, and are trying to get a job. Obviously you will have more experience with the actual percentage of people that fall into that category, care to hazard a guess?

With all this 'disruption' going on in the parliament at the moment, I hereby put forward a motion that Ming runs in the next elections.

I vote for Ming the Politician! :D

Fully agree with Ming

There should be a clause included for when you sign on that automatically voluteers you for:

- medical trials

- minesweeping with a hammer

- scrubbing of greater city sewage systems

- moving targets for army exercises

- sentry duty within the channel tunnel to keep illegal immigrants out

- taser gun efficiency subjects

- public park dog poo removers (no gloves provided)

you are more than welcome to add your own suggestions

Missed this reply as I was typing my own, so only just seen it.

Minesweeping with a hammmer :lol::lol: absolutly brilliant!

As for numbers I would not like to guess but from what I see it is quite a large percentage that wont work as opposed to cant find work.

I thikn it should be a time scale thing and should cut in after a certain time unemployed.

even those unfortunately made redundant should be placed on the scheme but having contributed to the state system themselves should be on a higher rate of payment than those previously described.

As for running for government office. What a ball that would be.

You do not want to hear my ideas on imigration and law and order :rant: let alone EUROPE and the euro.

Infact why not.

Immigration. Simple. It stops NOW. we are full. No one else comes in other than tourists. Any immigrant already in who commits an offence goes home.

Law and order. Prisons to be made tougher, sentences given to be served in full and a little respect put back into the law. Short term. No spaces?? Build more prisons. People will soon get fed up of the tougher regime and will try and stay out of prison.

Europe and the Euro. Dump them and run. They only bleed us dry and re write our rules. its all take and no give in my opinion.

Any half decent party that used those ideas in their manifesto would in my opinion get a large chunk of public opinion on their side.

See.

I am on my high horse already.

LOL

Ming the mad

don't even get me started.................

I work bloody hard all week and there are many things i'd like and can't afford yet I know someone in my ex's family who has never had a proper job in her life, is now in her 50's, has 3 foreign holidays a year, a gym membership and a council house kitted out better than most peoples. I am going wrong somewhere.................

don't even get me started.................

I work bloody hard all week and there are many things i'd like and can't afford yet I know someone in my ex's family who has never had a proper job in her life, is now in her 50's, has 3 foreign holidays a year, a gym membership and a council house kitted out better than most peoples. I am going wrong somewhere.................

You're not going wrong..... can't put a value on self-respect! Although granted it's sometimes difficult to remember that when faced with the likes of the person you have just described :thumbdown:

:#1: He's saying what the country's thinking. Gordo would get public backing if he had ideas like that.

On a positive note, I did see 4 scrotes wearing orange jump suits with 'community service' on the back, scrubbing a fence in Salford the other day. Gave them a few beeps of the horn, a wink and a wave. Should have filmed them really. . .

+1,000,000 to everthing said above.

I suspect most people on this forum have bust a nut to be able to afford a Zed (I know I certainly have). We all play by the rules, pay our taxes etc. and yet the government just treats us like a cash machine they can squeeze as much out of as possible. Meanwhile the under classes are effectively rewarded for being lazy and apathetic by being given ridiculous handouts without doing a damn thing in return.

Everyone deserves a fair days pay for a fair days work, but if you don't work you shouldn't get paid. Simple. :rant:

I also agree with Ming, make the lazy buggers work for OUR money (we pay for it with our excessive taxes) and get out of Europe (even if i do work for a French company) which means we can send all the Poles and other economic migrants from Eastern Europe home.

Still need to have some immigration, after all my wife is a Filipina - just we need to have proper controls and instant repatriation for offenders and illegals. Also, if an immigrant gets a criminal record, they should lose their right to be here.

The lack of deterrents, right across the range from terrorist outrages to dropping litter, is the reason this country is going down the drain. I really do not envy Ming and his colleagues, having conformed with endless procedures and paperwork and then seeing criminals let off so easily, which adds more to their street cred than serving to deter from ongoing crimes.

As a nation we have lost basic understandiing or right and wrong, such that now we are magnet for all the scroungers, layabouts and criminals who see us as easy picking and just laugh at the so-called penalties, when they are handed out........ :rant:

Can't blame you at all Ming for getting your frustration off your chest, but thank god we still have people like you still willing to do what they can :thumbs:

I've worked in the construction industry virtually since leaving school. I'm now 43 and in the past 10 years there's been a steady influx of "foreign workers" up to a point, where, in one instance in August 2007, i was sent to St Albans to work on a new car park, opposite the train station. There were at least 300 operatives working there, and i must say i felt like i was working in another country!! Apart from myself there was one other welsh guy, three Scottish guys, twelve from Ireland, and surprisingly there was no more than ten English people there and that included the secretary and management! :scare: Everybody else was made up of Albanians, Romanians, Hungarians, Lithuanians, Kosovans, etc etc, and plenty of Mr Singh's from India ;) . Although some of these, mainly the Indians, have been given the '@*!#' work to do, a lot of the other europeans are carpenters like myself. But not being funny i don't know how they get away with it half the time. I was constantly asked how to do this and how to do that, it just pi**ed me off knowing that most of them were blagging it. Of course all the money they were earning, at least 75% of it was going back to their families in eastern europe. And they were taking all the overtime off us British :angry: The other problem as well is there are quite a few with false passports, 'Illegals' working on our sites. I was told that dodgy passports were easy to get hold of no matter where you were from :ninja:

Anyway what i'm saying is there are many British workers unemployed at the moment, including myself (but not signing on, i might add), who are struggling to find work. If they could root out all the illegals that would be a start, and then sent all the immigrants home who committed offences, as Ming said, that should put nearly all our skilled workers back where they belong 'ON SITE', and off the dole.

I was laid off two weeks ago, but instead of wasting time filling out forms in the dole office, and getting pittance in state hand outs :angry: I have been looking for work and hopefully i've got a start on the last week of June building a new hospital near Aberdare.

:rant: over

Ming for Minister of Common Sense!

Sunset, my Dads company was trying to find sparks (industrial stuff) and loked to an eastern European recruitment agency. He wanted to sit in on the interviews. He gave them all a typical schematic to read and only 2 could. One 'Electrician' was an office cleaner that had been told to go by the recruitment agency......

Anyway, back to the Dole. Scroungers NEED to be sent to work!

The only problem is that we have lying scroungers leading and running the country who are not setting a very good example to the rest of us. ;)

And mp's are stealing of us claiming bogus expenses then claiming it was a mistake that they scrounged £13k on mortgage interest of us. And not to mention bankers who pay each other millions of pounds in bonus's to **** the country up. :dry:

Just to make you guys and gals laugh or shake your head in desparation I took this pic yesterday at a drug dealers, sorry alleged drug dealers, house. You will see that there are two sets of hand writing.

Irrespective of any sentiments printed its the proudness of the nick name that gets me

Photo0344.jpg

The lad who's room it is calls himself ASBO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I give up!!

Well actually i don't but i do retire in 18 months and then I might. LOL

Ming the Exasperated