Dole - and what weshould expect for it!!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was discussing this with some colleagues today, in the gym of all places, and one of them followed on with the suggestion that similar to the customs 'Declare/Nothing to Declare' lanes there could be two lines at the hospital along the lines of 'Contributor/Non contributor'. Obviously life threatening injuries would always take priority but other than that, his - and I stress here that it was HIS - reasoning would be that we need to keep the contributors (workers) fit to contribute and as such that makes them a priority.

I can see both sides of the arguement that it would make for a two tier system but do we not already have that outside of the hospital system as already discussed??

I have oftentimes been to hospital with someone only to have them continually put to the back of the queue as endless chav's and chavette's come in with minor injuries but major attitudes. Since they have spent the previous 12 months 'waiting around' surely another hour or two won't affect them too much.

I am aware that there are always exceptions to the rule and there are always folk who are unemployed other than by choice but this is an idea not a fine tuned policy and I do agree that in practice it could work?

Ming the Thought provoker