Wales 2009 aftermath discussion

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry to start off on a downer, but was there was an accident on the way home (A5) involving at least one member of the Wales drive out. Hope all involved were OK. The Zed looked very very poorly. Quite a few others had already stopped to assist so they will most likely fill us in. Think it may have been Sunset 350z. If that's the case hope you're both fine.

On the plus side it was a very well organised day as usual. I'll join the others in posting all the photos once they're sorted.

good well organised meet as always, thanks guys :)

Ian, pm me about seats if your still interested buddy,

just to satisfy the people who were asking about what is replacing the seats the new one is below, full cf bucket (5kg) FIA approved (lizard designed by me) :)

TeamLizard.jpg

Abslutley gutted for sunset350z. really sad to see a zed in that state.......but thankfully steve is ok :thumbs:

No way!!! what happened? glad Steve and his lad are ok. that's the most important thing! sounds like it was big one?

met steve a few weeks back, very nice guy! gutted for him.

Abslutley gutted for sunset350z. really sad to see a zed in that state.......but thankfully steve is ok :thumbs:

No way!!! what happened? glad Steve and his lad are ok. that's the most important thing! sounds like it was big one?

Yeah steve is fine. His zed on the other hand is not. Such a shame

Just wanted to say a big thanks to the Mods for organising this especially Beavis. :#1:

Yet another great Wales run - even though we had the Wales Police everywhere(I did bribe them with cakes at the Services - I think it worked! ;) ) and the rain on and off it did'nt dampen spirits and I think everyone had a great time.

It was a great sight to see so many Zeds there - the car park at the pub at the end looked like Nissans parking lot at the docks! :lol:

Nice to meet you all folks - put a face to the web name so to speak and meet up with old friends :)

:yahoo: Congratulations to Mr and Mrs Squarehead by the way :yahoo: , good to see you both and with wedding cake in hand (by the way - its all gone Mark - sure its cost me about £10 extra in fuel - the weight of it! :lol:

We heard at Chester Services about Steve and his son thank goodness they are ok.

Hope the rest of you arrived home safely.

Just a couple of pics on the other thread too busy gassing this time. :bye:

Yeah steve is fine. His zed on the other hand is not. Such a shame

What a shame. Gutted for you, Steve. Anybody know how it happened?

Steve was a couple of cars behind me and I saw it happen in the rear view mirror. It was just an accident and the car stood up well, the driver curtain airbag went off but Steve was fine. Am sure he'll get a new car but the main thing is he is OK. I'm sure he'll be by at sometime soon to catch up.

As for the event itself, it was certainly big.

I drove for about 24 of the last 36 hours. Covered 755 miles, burning about 130 litres of V Power! All good fun!

Thanks to Dave for rolling his sleeves up again and the support from the rest of the team and the members in making it what it is - the biggest known drive meet in Europe for the 350Z. :#1:

Thank you all for driving sensibly and keeping the reputation of the club at the highest possible standing. Now it will be great to see you along at some of the other shows, you can even get your Zed on track at these. :)

Hey guys been home about a hour had a great weekend but as others have said very sad to hear the news about sunset, rob (H5) phoned just after it had happened gutted for him got quite a few pics too of his as he was following me for a while on the triangle!!!! he was tellin me in the pub an hour before about a accident he'd had at the ring a while back and how he was hoping to take the Z there so as i said and all the others did, gutted for you buddy !!!

Big thanks to everyone that had organised it and was great to meet so many members i had'nt met before cant possibly comment on everyone, shame you dont get time to meet everyone!!!

Also big thanks to Mike for letting us wash the cars at his :thumbs: