Wales 2009 aftermath discussion

Yeah it was a great day... thanks to the organisers.

Sorry to hear about the crash.... I had a bit of a moment off a roundabout on the way back and after that the car was sliding everywhere... I'm not sure its fully healthy...

It was good to see so many Zeds... there were some kids trying to count them in one village... i think they had only reached 7 when I went past... a few more to go B)

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had a great day out despite the weather. Would like to say a big thanks to all the Mods for organising the event which is the best I have ever partaken in, from any car club. Some great scenary although I did manage to forget my camera! The carvery was very nice and the pub coped well despite the number of people.

Sorry to hear about the accident, the weather was trecherous on the way home and RWD and water are not a good mix!

Think name badges or lanards may have helped with the forum names, but other than that I can't think of any improvements for next year!

Thanks

Kevin

yep definate a big thanks to the organisers, :clap: was a great day and a fantastic sight seeing a solid line of zeds snaking across the mountains though some pretty incredible scenery.

so you was the guy i caught up with ;)

Me? Yeah you caught up with me at a roundabout... I'd stopped to check whether there was a puncture or something as the car was behaving very strangely... the crappy road surfaces and rain didnt help. I did enjoy hearing the DC sports from a different perspective though :teeth:

As above guys - the wife and I really enjoyed the day. Many thanks to all concerned.

Shame about Sunset's Zed - obviously glad both passengers are OK though.

Particularly enjoyed the run between Bala and Ffestiniog!

Apologies to the 17 or so Zeds that mistakenly followed us around the first roundabout from the Chester services - the 720 degree detour did look impressive however!

Absolutely shattered here - even the luxury of a Macdonald Portal stopover the night before didn't help.

Would have welcomed an opportunity for all the members to introduce themselves however . . . .

Huge thanks to the organisers - fab meal, excellent locations for photos, ace combo of drives (driving and posing) and accomplished liaison with our good friends from the Police at Chester!

Just me checking in, got home all ok albeit slow in my 350 Shed, saw MB350z on the way home always a pleasure and i think Bullet magnet passed me at some stage but i wasnt really paying that much attention. As others have said i want to say a big thankyou to Beavis and the other mods involved in a brilliant and well organised weekend. Ive had a really great time and at times completely forgot i didnt have my zed with me. Always nice to catch up with old firends and make so many new ones. Also a big thankyou to Greekman for putting up with me all weekend and making the weekend thouroughly enjoyable. To Sunset350, hope you sort your get a swift sort out from the insurance company and glad your all ok, i know exactly how you feel but its always good to see you have total support from members on this forum.

Once again thanks to everyone today, iff off to bed as im shattered, speak to you all in the morning.

As above guys - the wife and I really enjoyed the day. Many thanks to all concerned.

Shame about Sunset's Zed - obviously glad both passengers are OK though.

Particularly enjoyed the run between Bala and Ffestiniog!

Apologies to the 17 or so Zeds that mistakenly followed us around the first roundabout from the Chester services - the 720 degree detour did look impressive however!

Absolutely shattered here - even the luxury of a Macdonald Portal stopover the night before didn't help.

Would have welcomed an opportunity for all the members to introduce themselves however . . . .

Huge thanks to the organisers - fab meal, excellent locations for photos, ace combo of drives (driving and posing) and accomplished liaison with our good friends from the Police at Chester!

It was nice to meet you bud, sorry we did'nt have to much of a conversation but i will be along to some of the Wales meets :thumbs:

This was one of the best weekends me and the wife have had in ages. Done a total of 670 miles and enjoyed every bit of it.

So many people to talk to it was hard to stand around for to long. All the cars were looking great and we were lucky that the sun did come out.

Thanks to Ken for the bucket so we could wash our cars down in the morning :thumbs: it was a good day.

Very sorry to hear about sunset, hope you get yourself all sorted out mate :thumbs:

Well done to the team for organising a great event, even if i did spend half the drive staring at my speedo, and the other half scanning for camera vans!

Thanks to everyone i had a craic with, even if i had to ask your names 3 times. Special metion to Pimm (It ain't that fast!) :lol: and Mike for the car wash venue.

Thought i did well getting round folk, but i can see i hardly scratched the surface!

Glad to hear Sunset and son are ok too.

Big Applause! :clap::#1:

Had a great day out despite the weather. Would like to say a big thanks to all the Mods for organising the event which is the best I have ever partaken in, from any car club.

;)

First of all i'll echo what everyone else has said about the accident. Just one of those things and thank god nobody was hurt - i hope its all sorted quickly and he's back in a zed soon.

Secondly it has to be said what a brilliantly organised event this was and a massive thanks to everyone who was part of it especially Beavis. Most of you know how nervous I was and it was honestly a fab weekend. The best bit for me was meeting everyone and I was honestly so chuffed at the amount of people that made the effort to come and say hello - although I have started a brand new 'slap list' with Mike (m13kyf) and Jacko at the top (you know why!)

The worse bit for me was inadvertently finding myself at the front of a rear pack of zeds on the way to the evo triangle. They obviously thought I knew where I was going but anyone who had heard me mentioning my geographylexia early in the day knows better! Thank god I had markie with me.............

And thanks Mart for washing my car........... :thumbs:

First of all i'll echo what everyone else has said about the accident. Just one of those things and thank god nobody was hurt - i hope its all sorted quickly and he's back in a zed soon.

Secondly it has to be said what a brilliantly organised event this was and a massive thanks to everyone who was part of it especially Beavis. Most of you know how nervous I was and it was honestly a fab weekend. The best bit for me was meeting everyone and I was honestly so chuffed at the amount of people that made the effort to come and say hello - although I have started a brand new 'slap list' with Mike (m13kyf) and Jacko at the top (you know why!)

The worse bit for me was inadvertently finding myself at the front of a rear pack of zeds on the way to the evo triangle. They obviously thought I knew where I was going but anyone who had heard me mentioning my geographylexia early in the day knows better! Thank god I had markie with me.............

I bet your gutted you missed so many of these events in the past Nic.

I am very happy that you have reakised why the meets are so much fun.

The Jockland Hoon ;)

Nice to meet you too Mel! :dry:

no, i'd be bored of you by now! :lol:

forgot to say, thanks to Mike and Becs for their hospitality (and the man up the road for his hose pipe). :thumbs:

Rubbish, a woman knows the best way to a mans heart is through his stomach, and i'm sitting here eating your cakes.

Something you want to tell me?

oh here we go, forgot to mention the slight north/south divide. Me and James(Shire) being the victims. According to Louis I sound like Mel B and poor James was asked to speak in english! We are both going to have southern nancy lessons for next time! :thumbs:

I would like to first say a HUGE thank you to everyone this weekend as it was the most fun i have had in ages. There are too many people to mention however it was great to meet all of you. A big shout out goes to Richie for letting me tag along with him and Stan - just to add Richies car was spotless before we parked up and some 4x4 splashed a load of dirty water all over it, therefore do not put him down for lack of effort...thanks for the cake though, it was yummy :thumbs:

oh here we go, forgot to mention the slight north/south divide. Me and James(Shire) being the victims. According to Louis I sound like Mel B and poor James was asked to speak in english! We are both going to have southern nancy lessons for next time! :thumbs:

Well you lot speak some crazy language ooop t'north. If you slow it down a little and pronounce your words properly, normal people will be able to understand you...isnt that right Rob?

Steve, sorry to hear about your accident, If you need anything you know where I am :thumbs:

Pimm, Sorry I got us a bit lost on the way home :blush:

This was my first Wales drive, I had always wanted to come but had never been available or just couldn't be bothered :blush: but now can't wait for the next one :teeth: