New 350z Owner - Pleasure & Pain

Hi all,

Great forum - glad to become part of the owners club!

Bought my 07 GT Coupe last Friday and have been delighted with the cars comfort, performance and head turning capability! (Children look at this car - a sure fire sign that its naturally beautiful!).

Small snag list :bang: :

***Bluetooth really quiet (I can't hear caller very well) - apparently this is a common problem with 350z's according to some of the forum posts

***The satnav doesn't have postcode search!

***No mats with the car - set me back £50 and still need to get the boot mat!! (although they do look the part!)

After much discussion I managed to persuade my girlfriend to let me use the garage (so her MX-5 got turfed out) - unfortunately yesterday I put it in the garage scraping the front bumper on the way in! Totally gutted and have been in a huff since (much to my gf's bemusement - she's still coming to terms with being second best). Getting quotes to have it fixed, looking like £100-£130.

My Zed held its own off the lights against a Dodge Charger (it also destroyed a Lotus Elise) so there is still a great deal of joy to be had in these temporary dark times.

Anyway, much respect to all the 350z owners out there.

M

Hi and welcome to the forum. :D

Cant help with the bluetoothe as I have a roadster.

I do have the sat nav and the postcode issue irritates the hell out of me.

Any bits you need then ask on here, the traders look after us. ;)

Sorry to hear about the scrape, carpet the garage.

As for racing other cars, thats very foolish, well that what my wife told me when I hammered a Z4 today :lol:

Just realised why Cobham rang a bell, there used to regular mets at Fairmile in Cobham....

And we are only a few miles away in Chobham! Welcome to the forum. :bye: Glad you are enjoying the car, it is

a real head turner isn't it.

...and I'm in between in New Haw. There's quite a few of us around here.

Welcome!

:welcome:

People always ask me why I keep my car on the drive and not in our single garage. And its exactly for the reason you have discovered. I managed to do it in my missus Corsa, but was still £75 to fix :angry: Vowed never to do it to the Zed!

:welcome: to the forum!

All this talk of scratching the car on the garage is making me nervous. Once I've (finally) boarded out the loft and moved all my junk up there, I'm planning on keeping the Zed in the garage. Will be going very slowly on my wy in and if its too much hassle will not bother!