2009 Calendar results

martinmac

If somebody submits a photo its their photo. The name on it is an obvious giveaway. There is another in there taken by a pro but without a name on it. I am certainly not going to witness all the photos being taken so its up to members what they submit and all members to decide what to vote on.

Here here, i agree with you Martin (but still gutted i didnt get in!!). And i also read that Adam would be taking his sig off any 'winning' pics, which i also think is a positive move.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks marzman,

you are correct, i did say i'd remove my name off the pictures, but some stuff goes in one ear and out the other.

it is a members calendar, its members car, other members voted as they would be happy to look at that photo for a month, and the photo was taken by a member.

Thanks marzman,

you are correct, i did say i'd remove my name off the pictures, but some stuff goes in one ear and out the other.

it is a members calendar, its members car, other members voted as they would be happy to look at that photo for a month, and the photo was taken by a member.

Your missing the point........members photos of THEIR cars. i wasn't even allowed to enter a pic of mine last year as I'd just sold it... ;)

Thanks marzman,

...but you're still a bastard - i'd probably be in it if it wasnt for you... :lol::lol:

This is what i meant about lack of colour. How something like this was not voted in is beyond me. These would have made cracking month long pics to look at. Oh well, well done to the winners but imo it could have been better.I dont want to detract from a cracking effort that Martin puts into this but i cant believe there is no pic of the May Wales meet in there either too :surrender:

I too would like to see the rule that members taking pictures of their own cars enforced. And for what its worth i agree with Sarnie :blush:

These two are my favourites. :thumbs:

And they did not get in :wacko:

Img_2222.jpg

IMG_0280s-1.jpg

Well done guys for making the calendar, and Martin for all that effort :teeth:

I have to say, I'm starting to agree with Sarnie over the professionals bit. I did fight the corner for other members allowing to submit photos of others purely so you could get pics in of your car that werent static (i.e. if I was out on track and someone shot my car, I could submit it), but when half the photos are made up from one person, it does seem to be a bit of a monopoly. I dont want to detract from Adams efforts, they are all cracking, but having that many in there might be crossing the line. IMO a professional in this context is anyone who takes payment for the photos, end of.

We'll have to up our efforts and hide Adams camera for next year ;)

Congrats to all that have made the calendar & all Martins hard work.

We all have different preferences as seen by the various mods, either loved or loathed, and we all get to vote for our own. Not quite sure what my opinion is on the "who should take the photo" debate. Can understand the members/owners only opinion but also shouldn't the calendar have the best quality available? Perhaps a solution would be for Adam to produce a calendar of his own in the future, maybe including the other cars he shoots.

Finally i'd like to say, yet again, lets applaud Martin for doing this & personally I can't believe Chris I's picture didn't make the calendar. Gutted.

Well done to everyone who got in to the calander :yahoo: Also big thank you to martin for organising it all! I was reading the thread i dont know what all the fuss is about, yes there are pics taken by a proffesional but it was you guys that voted for them lol! So there is obv a majority who are happy with it! Anyway i think the calender will be awesome and will inspire people to get even better pics of their car's for next year :)

A fantastic effort by Martin once again and I'm sure it will be great calendar. I would have preferred to have seen less of Adam's work in there (sorry, no offence mate :blush: ) but I was also happy to let the members decide. That is what has happened, end of. The fact that some members are disgruntled is regrettable but it doesn't stop the process being a fair, legitimate and most of all a democratic one.

Now what about that fat bird that got voted off X-Factor.....

Woo-Hoo!

I actually won something!! That never happens to me! :yahoo:

Members posted, members voted. Simple.

If people didnt vote for "colourful" entries, then thats cos they liked other pics better. Sinple really innit'

Martin, once again you prove yourself worthy of hero status for going too all the effort of organising this. :thumbs:

:teeth: im in :teeth:

no profesional photography with mine just me good location and my 7 megapixel camera!!!!

i can see where people are coming from not agreeing with all the professional shots being in, but this was voted for by the members so if the members werent happy about it they should'nt have voted for the professional pics prity simple :thumbs:

well done martin for all your effort (again)