24 yr Old Insurance Recommendations

Muckwell

Hello All,

I am picking up a 370z Black Edition on Saturday, very excited but wondering if anyone has any recommendations on Insurence? I am currently with Adrian Flux (policy runs out end of the month) but they have quoted me 4k for a new policy, Sky Insurence and Greenlight won't touch me because I am under 25. I have had a couple of quotes from Admiral and comparison sites which are around 1.5k - 1.8k which I can afford but ideally would want it cheaper. All insurance quotes are £500 more expensive since I have moved house to near the centre of Colchester.  I am willing to call around and get some quotes on your guy's recommendations. TIA.

• Sad 1

• Stutopia changed the title to 24 yr Old Insurance Recommendations

I was 21 last year when I got my Zed and went with Admiral at 1200, I always found them to provide the lowest quotes. With mods and an increase since last year, it's more like 1300 now, but they're still the cheapest.

If you've got the time and patience, try the smaller and more direct insurers. Keith Michaels were really good when I insured my modified Z.

I've heard A plan are pretty good too, Admiral and Direct Line can be good for multi car policies.

On 09/11/2023 at 06:12, Ekona said:

All insurance has gone up by around 30-40% in the last year, so honestly £1500 for a 24yr old isn’t too bad. Sounds like you’ve done your homework already, not much you can do now I’m afraid but suck up that cost :( 

Mine has only gone up £19 this year, maybe it's because I'm getting on in years 🫢

• Haha 1

Hello All,

I ended up going with Admiral as some of your suggestions like Hastings and APlan couldn't offer me any cover. It was 1.7k for Platinum cover with Admiral. 

But I have to ask, didn't you think to get quotes before committing to buying the car?

I knew roughly how much insurance was so this wasn't a shock to me, was just asking if anyone had any good insurers in mind.

Thank you all.

Edited by Muckwell
  • Like 3