Hello peeps! I finally got one.

Hi there. 

Been registered for a couple of years but have just been browsing this forum and was tempted by a few 350z listed for sale here. I have a demanding job and a demanding family so money is tight, but always had lemonade budget second (many more to be fair) hand cars.

Sorry for the rambling I will upload some pictures as well, I promise.

I've been after a 350z ever since 2003 when my brother took me to see one in a dealership, it was a sunset orange GT if I recall. I was in love, I forgot my love of 911's and thought it's the car for me.

I've always had older cars and on retro rides website. I've been into Volvo's, MX5's and jeeps.

A always saw a 05 350z parked on a side street and always took detours to drive past it, back in late 2022 it vanished. About six months ago I went to a farm (London Docklands, yes we have farms in London) and noticed the same black 350z parked under a tree behind the farm. It took a few door knocks before someone knew the owner who works abroad. I passed on my number as the car now was untaxed with no MOT then silence.

I thought it was a long shot and didn't hear back so I bought a Vauxhall Frontera' 2.5d for peanuts a few weeks back and was happy to smoke around in that. Then I get a text two weeks into my love affair with the Frontera', the message was the owner of the 350z he asked for me to pop over for a chat. 

This below is the state the car was in. I was told the car run fine but hasn't been moved for 1.5years so before even starting the car I bought it for £2500. I didn't have 2.5k believe it or not that's the most I've ever paid for a car and I've had a few. I borrowed the cash from my wife and she blew a gasket and told me told me to sell the Frontera'as it was costing me £12.50 Ulez per day so I listed it that evening and amazingly got a sale an hour after placing it on car and classic for three times the amount I paid, so I promptly paid the wifey and had myself a effectively a free 350z.

IMG_20230627_153458.jpg

IMG_20230630_124956.jpg

IMG_20230630_125042.jpg

IMG_20230630_125044.jpg

IMG_20230630_125047.jpg

IMG_20230630_125051.jpg

IMG_20230630_125111.jpg

IMG_20230630_125118.jpg

IMG_20230630_125125.jpg

Edited by FossilFish
  • Like 6

Welcome. When you said the wife blew a gasket, my heart sank for you before quickly realising she wasn’t happy. Lol. Enjoy your long awaited z experience . Great cars.

4 hours ago, Payco said:

Welcome. When you said the wife blew a gasket, my heart sank for you before quickly realising she wasn’t happy. Lol. Enjoy your long awaited z experience . Great cars.

Haha....Well I was told the car was fine mechanically but when ran the car today it has some white smoke so hopefully it's oiled plenum or PCV as it has been sitting for some time and not a head gasket.

Gave it a scrub down one side today before it began to rain.

IMG_20230704_113756.jpg

IMG_20230704_113802.jpg

Ignore the drill with pad, works for me, I know it's not a proper DA, don't judge me please 🥺

Edited by FossilFish
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Hello and welcome!

Steal at that price, hopefully just a little TLC and all is good. Lovely car nonetheless.
Haven't had mine long but can quite happily say it always puts a smile on my face every time i even see it let alone drive, despite me saying it needs a clean every time.

Side note while I'll get some hate for it... I work on a small budget myself for my car and have curbed my alloys twice 😢 so rather than paying for a refurbish(quoted £100 per wheel) or lack of time to do myself, temporarily i put alloy protectors on which hides it until i have funds/time.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, LazyB said:

Hello and welcome!

Steal at that price, hopefully just a little TLC and all is good. Lovely car nonetheless.
Haven't had mine long but can quite happily say it always puts a smile on my face every time i even see it let alone drive, despite me saying it needs a clean every time.

Side note while I'll get some hate for it... I work on a small budget myself for my car and have curbed my alloys twice 😢 so rather than paying for a refurbish(quoted £100 per wheel) or lack of time to do myself, temporarily i put alloy protectors on which hides it until i have funds/time.

If it's something major I think that there is scope for repairs and I still would be at what rough ones are priced at.

Yeah the finish is good on mine but kerbed along the edges, I bought anthracite paint pen, it comes out blue rather than grey so I must have gun metal grey or something. 

I'll sort them when I change the tyres.

Appreciate you comments and time.

Edited by FossilFish

Amazing, what a great find and backstory of how it all happened. Low mileage as well, does it actually start and run ok?

Good luck with it, I'm sure it'll scrub up well!

Edited by Loadmaster
  • Like 1