Jump to content

DoogyRev - 2021 Mustang Mach 1


DoogyRev
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • 1 month later...

A quick update . . . Fitted my GT500 Wing and Wheels are on 😎..... and before any one says, yes it need lowering a touch, going to order some springs this week. 

 

IMG_0914.jpeg

IMG_0920.jpeg

IMG_0922.jpeg

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Very nice Jim, perfect concave wheels.😎

 

Definitely needs a drop as you say... I had Eibach springs on mine... I always felt like the car became quite bouncy after i had them fitted... didnt realise until 2 years later when i removed them myself, that when fitting springs you're supposed to cut a couple of inches off the bump stops to prevent it bouncing on them, so be mindful of that. 🤪

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks all for the comments, she is coming together for sure. 

 

2 minutes ago, marzman said:

Definitely needs a drop as you say... I had Eibach springs on mine... I always felt like the car became quite bouncy after i had them fitted... didnt realise until 2 years later when i removed them myself, that when fitting springs you're supposed to cut a couple of inches off the bump stops to prevent it bouncing on them, so be mindful of that. 🤪

 

I will keep that one in mind 😀, I am prob going to get the ford performance ones that come with the handling pack and some uprated sway bars. The springs will be a 20mm drop, so should look perfect 😎

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, DoogyRev said:

Thanks all for the comments, she is coming together for sure. 

 

 

I will keep that one in mind 😀, I am prob going to get the ford performance ones that come with the handling pack and some uprated sway bars. The springs will be a 20mm drop, so should look perfect 😎

 

I’ve had the FRPP Track Handling Pack on my old Muzzer since almost brand new, remarkable difference for a road set up.  The kit comes with uprated sway bars and produced a totally flat cornering ability.

 

The ride is slightly compromised though, especially on the ‘dirt track’ system of roads in the uk, a bit harsher.  My only bit of suspension failure so far, 6 years in was a control arm replacement two years ago.  

 

Because it comes in FR Blue, I’m often asked by service techs if the car was a special US order :lol:, of course I say it was!

 

Sailed through its MOT, emission checks etc even with a 3” engine back with ‘sports’ cats, active exhaust and headers all good.

 

fantastic looking Mustang,  £65k in the uk!

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, The G Man said:

 

I’ve had the FRPP Track Handling Pack on my old Muzzer since almost brand new, remarkable difference for a road set up.  The kit comes with uprated sway bars and produced a totally flat cornering ability.

 

The ride is slightly compromised though, especially on the ‘dirt track’ system of roads in the uk, a bit harsher.  My only bit of suspension failure so far, 6 years in was a control arm replacement two years ago.  

 

Because it comes in FR Blue, I’m often asked by service techs if the car was a special US order :lol:, of course I say it was!

 

Sailed through its MOT, emission checks etc even with a 3” engine back with ‘sports’ cats, active exhaust and headers all good.

 

fantastic looking Mustang,  £65k in the uk!

 

Thanks for the info on the FRPP, I heard the ride was a bit worse with them. Do you have Magnaride? I was also looking at the Steeda Sport springs as the reviews say the ride is similar, but they are 1"in drop vs 0.76" for the FPR's

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, DoogyRev said:

 

Thanks for the info on the FRPP, I heard the ride was a bit worse with them. Do you have Magnaride? I was also looking at the Steeda Sport springs as the reviews say the ride is similar, but they are 1"in drop vs 0.76" for the FPR's

 

No mate, no magnaride, my Muzzer is from a long, long time ago and a galaxy far, far away :teeth:  I’m not a fan of Steeda, well Steeda UK, they’re overpriced and overrated, with a lot of fitment issues IMO, but may work with Magnaride :shrug: 

 

The Ford Kit, fits first time, made by Ford for a Ford :thumbs:

 

Contact Benny @ Levittown Ford for a great price ;)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, The G Man said:

Just to add, you may require camber bolts (I’ve got eibach ones) for camber adjustment, depending on the set up you want 

 

Yep I have them on my list 👍

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...