Hello all new owner at last - having some issues

Hey guys, been browsing this forum a couple weeks and all over the Internet, got my Z recently and love love love it - '07 GT, HR and 49k miles in gunmetal grey with rays. All feels good but I just seem to be having some issues with the engine at the moment - ones that weren't there when I bought and test drove it. I will post in the technical section. 

Just thought I'd say hi - if there's anyone near Northants that would be cool. 

A couple after a quick wash today :blush:

20200502_191441.jpg

20200502_191500.jpg

Plans are first and foremost to get the front bumper resprayed, rays refurbed and repainted, and those infamous interior plastics sorted. 

After that, coilovers(... Obv), lower profile tyres when these are spent, either decat or hfc, smoked rear turn signals, and maybe a bit of improv with a backlit Z on the kick panels. 

Nothing overboard, just want a nice clean subtle look. Not a track car nor a daily, but a pride and joy nonetheless. Hope you like :wave:

Edited by JammyJayC
Detail
  • Like 5

Nice car. If you aren't tracking it why bother with the expense of coilovers ?. Put a set of Tein S Springs on and you will get the same result for a fifth of the price.

1 hour ago, Payco said:

Nice car. If you aren't tracking it why bother with the expense of coilovers ?. Put a set of Tein S Springs on and you will get the same result for a fifth of the price.

So are you going too use your latest project on the track, hence your new coilovers ;):stir:

20 minutes ago, ShortPaul said:

So are you going too use your latest project on the track, hence your new coilovers ;):stir:

There are no options to adjust the stock springs on the Datsun 510 to get the lowered ride height and camber adjsutment at the front. I have springs on the back, coilovers on the front. If I could have had springs believe me I would have as I had to have these custom made from the standard front suspension.

Just trying to save this guy some money as its a big cost if all you want is to lower the car for looks and street use.

Edited by Payco
  • Like 1

The reason I'd like coilovers is because the whole kit is designed to be used all together and has adjustability, whereas springs and stock dampers are a bit too mix and match for my liking

I had ordered a set of the Whiteline springs however both times I was refunded so I assumed they were unavailable. I figured springs are not meant to be so have my eyes on coilovers instead - I don't mind spending a bit of money on the Z (just gotta keep the mrs in the dark! :p), but thanks for the thought payco :thumbs:

Edited by JammyJayC
Detail

• 2 weeks later...