Mars next stop :)

gangzoom

What do these pictures show? We've all seen them.

Screenshot_20180226-181400.png.64700cb5724964245da6fc3e8e2b15e6.pngScreenshot_20180226-181130.png.8f8784d939e2d8fe07ee2e2344e0d7d0.pngScreenshot_20180226-181341.png.49cde63314ce4a2908d05d966d2a3174.png

Did it ever seem weird the path rockets and anything orbiting the globe take? You know where I'm going with this, hands up who thinks these paths will make more sense on a globe compared to a flat plain.........

Just for giggles.

• 2 weeks later...

This is why I find it hard to believe what comes from the leading authority on space science. Why is there a square box around earth on the famous picture taken from the moon.......

IMG_20180311_172437096.jpg

IMG_20180311_172500370.jpg

IMG_20180311_172547894.jpg

Surely if you can believe a giant man in the sky exists surely you can believe it's possible to make it to the moon.

It's not a dig as much as it sounds it but in comparison man getting to the moon/space is about as easy as me getting to Sainsbury's in comparison to what is written in the Bible?

Or is it more the science Vs religion debate? If you can prove science wrong it gives more weight to the religious beliefs

Not a dig just would like it clarifying as It seems and odd angle to be at 

Hey Steve, no at all. Seeing things that don't add up with a space agency has nowt to do with religion. Question is it only religious folks that are prepared to believe space if BS? No. Personally as said before the shape of the earth doesn't increase or decrease one's faith - how could it?

I seeing edited earth into space picture, rocket man in a standard car in space and it 100% fine, the fact that we've lost all telemetry from the missions to the moon to begin to piece together the tech to do it again. Various scientist say you can see starts all the time when in low earth orbit, others say you can't. Videos from the ISS break up in a fashion one would expect from green screen, or as an individual goes round a corner on screen their body fades out (like MJ Fox in back to the future lol) before being completely out of sight. The general manner of the three astronauts in the official press conference once returned home, lacked any enthusiasm which was clear to see and they didn't even agree with each other about seeing any stars on the same mission.

Then when you look into operation paperclip and fishbowl, one begins to paint a picture.

I find it all very interesting.

Edited by davey_83

I think it’s because it’s hard to understand why you’ll pick one theory that has some evidence to pieces, but another theory with no proof you believe blindly. 

To me, that makes no sense. 

7 minutes ago, Ekona said:

But yeah, magic sky fairy is okay but thumping great big rockets no. 

If you've ever stood next to them at Kennedy Space Centre then you get a real sense of how unrealistic and fake the 610 feet tall doors are and that is all just for show.... Clearly rockets don't exist!

20150823_145401.jpg

38 minutes ago, Ekona said:

I think it’s because it’s hard to understand why you’ll pick one theory that has some evidence to pieces, but another theory with no proof you believe blindly. 

To me, that makes no sense. 

Better way of putting it. 

With regards to pictures of earth etc 

I can take a pic of the countryside change between a ton of lense not move my feet and the focal points and distance between each object in shot will change with every image. 

Has every picture always been with the same camera on the settings ( I don't know) 

This isn't a theory Vs theory matters as I see stalemate on the lack of curved horizon lol I've listed many examples that me for don't add up and that's my view point. Evidence is subjective and that's again my understanding on matters. 

Haha no one has said rockets don't exist.

Question ultimately is, do government/s lie? If no, then I'm totally wrong. If yes, then who's to say what is truth and whats not.

Edited by davey_83

It's was remark inline with pass thread posts. I don't see any evidence for a curve inline with 8 inches per mile squared as we're told. I don't now what shape the earth is or the night sky schematics. 

Why does Musk want man kind to go to Mars? I've just learnt this today.

Edited by davey_83

23 hours ago, coldel said:

Its because they had to put black boxes around the earth to block out all the images of the aliens they dont tell us about 

You may jest but this apparently is true. They masked out glass domes on the moon and a lot of artificial structures that had their jaws dropping in fear and awe at the thought that, they weren't the first. China's probe proved this by publishing their own photos that i've already mentioned on social media to undermine NASA.  Also to get them to admit they have been hiding the truth for quite some time and it's about time we knew about it. 

Edited by Rock_Steady

Have you actually watched the videos on you tube on this though? "Oh look there is a pyramid looking thing shape in the middle of a desolate lifeless rock in space it must be aliens!" - the fact that naturally occurring pyramid shaped mountains exist all over planet earth (you can go see these if you like!) is ignored, and that the structures just happen to be exactly the same colour as the rock surrounding them. Type in 'naturally occurring places that look like faces on earth' into google see what pops up - of course if they are seen on the moon, again its aliens. 

As I mentioned some time back confirmation bias is a prevalent behavioural trait of all conspiracy theorists, they have a theory they want to believe and rather than look at all the evidence they can gather and analyse it objectively, instead looking for single pieces of evidence that supports the theory and disregarding anything contradictory. But still, I get it that people have to have hobbies and passions ours are cars which use tonnes of fuel, expensive to maintain, that makes no sense either!

13 minutes ago, coldel said:

Have you actually watched the videos on you tube on this though? "Oh look there is a pyramid looking thing shape in the middle of a desolate lifeless rock in space it must be aliens!" - the fact that naturally occurring pyramid shaped mountains exist all over planet earth (you can go see these if you like!) is ignored, and that the structures just happen to be exactly the same colour as the rock surrounding them. Type in 'naturally occurring places that look like faces on earth' into google see what pops up - of course if they are seen on the moon, again its aliens. 

As I mentioned some time back confirmation bias is a prevalent behavioural trait of all conspiracy theorists, they have a theory they want to believe and rather than look at all the evidence they can gather and analyse it objectively, instead looking for single pieces of evidence that supports the theory and disregarding anything contradictory. But still, I get it that people have to have hobbies and passions ours are cars which use tonnes of fuel, expensive to maintain, that makes no sense either!

Agreed, there's a lot of pareidoilia going on, but this is not coming from a bunch of Youtubers with nothing better to do, this is coming from highly decorated military personnel which makes it difficult to discredit. Yes i have waded through a lot of info on this and there is a lot of knee jerk reactions to things like pyramids here and there monoliths and the like. But some of it can't be dismissed away as natural occurring fodder. As much as some people do want to be believe it, there's just as many who don't and will think of just as many theories to play it down. And i don't think it's too far fetched to say that it is "aliens" as ridiculous as that sounds due to the comical undermining of that word and what it defines, i'd be more inclined to say intelligent life. I'd also say it's pretty short sighted and arrogant to think that, we were the first to be on the moon. But it's not just pyramids, the rabbit hole goes way deeper than that. 

Edited by Rock_Steady
  • Like 1

Then its up to the conspiracy theorists to prove it, not to simply say it 'could be' intelligent life. It could be caused by a swarm of flying ants that made it through the vacuum of space and plowed into the rock forming that odd shape but I have no evidence at all except a far fetched theory. I agree its unlikely we are alone in the universe (assuming it exists as it does blah blah) but lets think about if for a second - intelligent life from an unobserved part of space fly light years across the galaxy and build in effect a wonky looking shed out of rocks on the moon and observe the earth. Its certainly a theory, it certainly aligns with Star Treks prime directive, but its only a theory with no actual sensible reasoning to it. Until its actually proven I am going with the more likely (and much more common occurrence) of naturally occurring not through arrogance but through using the grey matter that separates us from amoeba. 

1 hour ago, coldel said:

Then its up to the conspiracy theorists to prove it, not to simply say it 'could be' intelligent life. It could be caused by a swarm of flying ants that made it through the vacuum of space and plowed into the rock forming that odd shape but I have no evidence at all except a far fetched theory. I agree its unlikely we are alone in the universe (assuming it exists as it does blah blah) but lets think about if for a second - intelligent life from an unobserved part of space fly light years across the galaxy and build in effect a wonky looking shed out of rocks on the moon and observe the earth. Its certainly a theory, it certainly aligns with Star Treks prime directive, but its only a theory with no actual sensible reasoning to it. Until its actually proven I am going with the more likely (and much more common occurrence) of naturally occurring not through arrogance but through using the grey matter that separates us from amoeba. 

Yes, it is up to them to prove, big claims need big evidence. But they'll never have the access to that kind of evidence which is why 80% of what you can watch on YouTube is codswallop and just patently ridiculous. But it's not knocking up a "shed"  on the moon, it's quite something else. What could be artificial objects on the moon could've been there long before we were, they may be abandoned they may not. i'm not trying to convince you otherwise neither am i suggesting you are arrogant i just meant that in the generic. But i do think it has to be said, there are some very unusual and questionable objects on the moon that do deserve some attention IMO. 

15 hours ago, StevoD said:

Never been on a flight and seen the curvature of the surface then?

no, have you?

Note that the given minimum of 35,000 feet (10.7 km) is a plausible cruise altitude for a commercial airliner, but you probably shouldn't expect to see the curvature on a typical commercial flight, because:

1. 10.7 km is the bare minimum for seeing curvature, so the apparent curvature will be very slight at this altitude.
  2. 10.7 km is near the upper end of the usual range of commercial cruise altitudes. Many flights won't get this high, and very few will go significantly higher.
  3. A passenger window may not give the necessary 60° field of view, especially if you're over the wing.

Mxsv1.jpg

Edited by davey_83

• coldel locked this topic