Mars next stop :)

gangzoom

15 minutes ago, Rock_Steady said:

Yes, it is up to them to prove, big claims need big evidence. But they'll never have the access to that kind of evidence which is why 80% of what you can watch on YouTube is codswallop and just patently ridiculous. But it's not knocking up a "shed"  on the moon, it's quite something else. What could be artificial objects on the moon could've been there long before we were, they may be abandoned they may not. i'm not trying to convince you otherwise neither am i suggesting you are arrogant i just meant that in the generic. But i do think it has to be said, there are some very unusual and questionable objects on the moon that do deserve some attention IMO. 

Which is why you should treat it all as a bit of fun really. The 'cubes' in the Chinese video are not artificial to the environment, they are made from the same substance as the surrounding rock and plenty of similar examples here on Earth - because they are square and look like buildings we build we assume they are not natural. Is rather arrogant really to assume that if a life form can travel across space, why would it build something that just happens to resemble something we would build? Do they even need buildings to live? How utterly daft of them to go to such lengths to hide themselves then just leave it on view for any probe to see? 

But as you alluded to people will see what they wanted to see. But some people will always want to believe, even if a thousand independent observers flew to the moon and stood next to the cubes and said yes naturally occurring squares someone would be on You Tube saying that all 1000 of them were part of a cover up, that they all were drugged and what they saw was an illusion etc etc and that's enough to just blindly go with it.

The pyramids of Egypt were built by the same rock that they are surrounded in, but they are artificial. It's not so much the material it's made from but the object itself. I can accept that, to find a pyramid shape that was created naturally is very possible indeed. But to find countless others where you would not expect to find them would be more difficult to explain away as more natural phenomena. Again i'm not saying i am necessarily bias to the latter. 

Who said they were trying to hide? Not something i believe.

The Moka community/tribe which was discovered not so long ago built pyramids too. But they were so old that they didn't nearly resemble pyramids, which came as a big surprise to the archaeologists who realised this. 

"Is rather arrogant really to assume that if a life form can travel across space, why would it build something that just happens to resemble something we would build?"

i don't think it's arrogant, more likely ignorant. But why wouldn't they build something similar to us? And if they do it won't be so we can identify with it, more because it's the most logical way to protect yourself from external factors. Why would it have to be different? Take us, humans as an example. We've developed technology and progressed to great lengths in the last 80 years and yet, houses are more or less the same as they have been for hundreds of years. Why? probably because there isn't a more effective way to do it.  Travelling interstellar, and how you build accommodation, this is comparing apples and oranges. Some things can be developed further, some things have already reached their ceiling. 

1 hour ago, Rock_Steady said:

The pyramids of Egypt were built by the same rock that they are surrounded in, but they are artificial. It's not so much the material it's made from but the object itself. I can accept that, to find a pyramid shape that was created naturally is very possible indeed. But to find countless others where you would not expect to find them would be more difficult to explain away as more natural phenomena. Again i'm not saying i am necessarily bias to the latter. 

Who said they were trying to hide? Not something i believe.

The Moka community/tribe which was discovered not so long ago built pyramids too. But they were so old that they didn't nearly resemble pyramids, which came as a big surprise to the archaeologists who realised this. 

"Is rather arrogant really to assume that if a life form can travel across space, why would it build something that just happens to resemble something we would build?"

i don't think it's arrogant, more likely ignorant. But why wouldn't they build something similar to us? And if they do it won't be so we can identify with it, more because it's the most logical way to protect yourself from external factors. Why would it have to be different? Take us, humans as an example. We've developed technology and progressed to great lengths in the last 80 years and yet, houses are more or less the same as they have been for hundreds of years. Why? probably because there isn't a more effective way to do it.  Travelling interstellar, and how you build accommodation, this is comparing apples and oranges. Some things can be developed further, some things have already reached their ceiling. 

Naturally occurring pyramids and cubes etc. are not just 'very possible' its fact, they are all over the planet feel free to go have a look so you don't have to rely on YT or Google images doctored by the government covering up everything.

Why would they build something like us? That is the question still standing and the answer is not, why not. Lets put the boot on the other foot. If in the future mankind makes its way across the expanse of space in super hi-tech creations that allow us to survive radiation poisoning, the slow killer that is weightlessness, suppressing the aging process and all the other barriers to space travel - with all that technology we land on another world and build a settlement that resembles a semi-detached bungalow in Croydon carved from the rock of the surrounding area - it just isn't reasonable, sensible or realistic. 

The problem is that conspiracy theories rely on people disproving their theory whilst grasping at very unlikely other scenarios, rather than making an objective conclusion from their own evidence. Look at this forum, someone comes on here and says that they have built a new product which does X Y Z we don't just take their grainy photos as gospel people question this new idea and look for solid evidence. 

Pictures from Nasa are said to be composites, as said by themselves......... Not even the ISS is high enough to see snap shot of the earth in one go.

What do you make of the path rockets/spacecraft's orbit around' the world? Do they not seem strange?.......Can you imagine how they look on a flat plain for example, I can.......

Screenshot_20180226-181130.png.8f8784d939e2d8fe07ee2e2344e0d7d0.png

How are they strange I don't get you point? 

Makes logical sense to me go get a ping pong ball and draw a line around it on a diagonal axis will be the same path as above.

How they look on a flat plan is the picture you have there is it not a when the spherical shape of the earth is put on paper it looks like that. 

Hence when you fly from London to Orlando the shortest path isn't directly across the ocean as per a flat map but is actually across the north east of Canada and down the eastern coast of the US 

Because Edinburgh is closer to miami than London yet on a map if you get a ruler London and Miami are closer. 

3 hours ago, StevoD said:

How are they strange I don't get you point? 

Makes logical sense to me go get a ping pong ball and draw a line around it on a diagonal axis will be the same path as above.

How they look on a flat plan is the picture you have there is it not a when the spherical shape of the earth is put on paper it looks like that. 

Hence when you fly from London to Orlando the shortest path isn't directly across the ocean as per a flat map but is actually across the north east of Canada and down the eastern coast of the US 

Because Edinburgh is closer to miami than London yet on a map if you get a ruler London and Miami are closer. 

Have you drawn this path on a globe? Or is expectation predicting the outcome? 

That last giant sentence takes some figuring out..... We've covered flight paths and both examples made more sense on the flat map than globe.

Screenshot_20180313-175756.png

Edited by davey_83

Also davey can you do me a favour go get a football and measure the circumferences at the two  lines below 

its fairly obvious at the top of the sphere the circumference is small hence when plans fly their rather than the equator they get to their destination faster 

ball.png

• Haha 1

unlike a flat earth map, the UK does not sit parallel with the united states with regards to a flight path. on a flat earth map there would be no reason to fly over southern Ireland 

which is why a flight path map on a flat earth looks like a curve but on the sphere its almost a straight line 

map.png

bluemarblemap.png

Edited by StevoD

I think it's fair to say published distances or flight path, would be from a heliocentric model and not a flat one. 

I've actually looked out the window of a flight from Manchester to Jamaica and starboard showed land (US) for hours and hours. Seen it with my own eyes and your flight path should be sea on both sides, so that's that.

Consider London to HK, on a globe this should be a straight shot thru Turkey with no need to go over Russia and yet.......

Screenshot_20180313-190323~2.png

Flat_earth~2.jpg

50 minutes ago, StevoD said:

Also davey can you do me a favour go get a football and measure the circumferences at the two  lines below 

its fairly obvious at the top of the sphere the circumference is small hence when plans fly their rather than the equator they get to their destination faster 

ball.png

So with a plane flight, staying North creates a shorter distance? Yes or No...

Edited by davey_83

2 hours ago, davey_83 said:

So with a plane flight, staying North creates a shorter distance? Yes or No...

NO, but if you was to fly two planes at the same speed one on the top line and one on the bottom red line the top red line would complete its journey first 

you ever noticed on a motorway if two cars at locked to 70 mph the car on the inside of a bend pulls ahead. same thing bigger scale

So let's assume the Earth is flat for a moment. I know, that involves losing a few dozen IQ points, but bear with me.

world-map.gif

What happens when I'm in Alaska, and then start travelling West? Or in Naukan and then go East? Literally, what happens? Can someone please explain to me why I don't just drop off the end of the world.

28 minutes ago, StevoD said:

What?

Course the shortest route would be over russia on a globe, there is zero reason to go over turkey  

pic.png

Dude, come back to me. Your own words not mine fall away from the globe model.......... 

Edited by davey_83

Or it's called not accepting everything you are told just because it's from "clever people"

I'm pretty sure no one is falling off anywhere.

12027724_10104343799123539_5167407988476630807_n.jpg

Edited by davey_83

6 minutes ago, StevoD said:

you saying russia isnt on a globe/planet

Huh? When has that ever been said........... Just accept Jay's flight path works on a flat pancake earth more so than a globe lol

Edited by davey_83

• coldel locked this topic