Mars next stop :)

gangzoom

What is there to expect from a roadster in space? I've felt from the start it's pointless in the grand scheme of things.

You are correct. No need for the space rover in the day, could have just used a open top defender with an electric motor.

It's not real is what I believe or beginning to believe. What do you make of the statements about viewing stars from space? 

Again ships do not go over a curve, sorry to sound like a broken record they just don't. Once this fact clicks into place #houseofcards

Edited by davey_83

I think they do go over a curve, but the scale of the planet vs the height of the mast means its not visible to the naked eye. Now if you were to extend the height significantly then it would be visible. I'm fairly sure there is a bridge that is so far above sea level that the top of the towers are further apart than the bottom due to the curvature of the earth (its the Humber). But if you looked at it with the naked eye, they towers are perfectly parallel. To give you an idea, its 36mm further apart at the top than it is the bottom, and the tower is over 500ft tall. So a height of 500ft gives a difference of less than 2 inches. With a ships mast you'll always be looking at it so it tilts away from you, because as you strafe around it the mast is your focal point it will always be tilting away. How in the hell anyone or anything can detect less than 2 inches accurately from base to tip is beyond me, it will always look perfectly vertical. 

You're right that a foam seat has air inside it, but the air isn't trapped/perfectly sealed so would escape gradually as the vacuum increased. However the tyres I think would have burst if they were fully inflated. The higher up a balloon goes in the air, the less air pressure causes it to hold its shape, and because the balloon IS sealed it expands until it bursts (the opposite is true if you submerge one). I imagine the roadster tyres were either plastic, or purposefully left uninflated. 

However is space a vacuum or zero pressure? 

All makes sense however we are told the ship goes over the curve, ie where is this evidence? The video I linked clearly demonstrates otherwise. Where is the proof? Yes I know it's meant to it's what we are told, but in the real world this isn't visible or testable.

If you've ever looked into rear axle bending, you have to physically over end the mental to get it to the desired geometry. It's what folks use to do to get around the factory toe in. 

I'd need to know the measurements for the bridge above sea level at the ends and middle to even entertain why the towers are further apart at the top than the bottom. However at a glance, If the actual hight of the road is higher in the middle than the ends, it's would make sense for the towers to lean back helping to maintain the desired elevation. 

Edited by davey_83

Yeah I don't have the measurements at those points, juggling work and fun here lol.

In your boat video, the boat clearly disappears from the base up? Or did I miss something? Also, what was the height of the observer, the height of the boat? We know that a camera is less powerful than the eye, I've taken pictures of things I can see to get the picture developed(yes I'm old)/transferred to computer and found the subject missing, so what lense was used? No you can't see the boats at normal zoom, but that's normal for a camera. I believe the tilt would be impossible to see/quntify with he naked eye. With a powerful laser tracker thing, you could point it at the base of the boat near the horizon, then go to a height matching the top most part of the boat and try again and in theory the mast should be a few inches further away at the top than it is at the base. So you'd need 2 identical boats in perfectly flat conditions that don't move and try it that way. An oil rig would work thinking about it. 

Haha back to work you!!

If you watched all of the video and see that the bottom fell below a curve. Then no amount of visual data will present a flat plain.

It's refraction which would continue from the waters edge upwards. You can clear see the distortion in the second picture of the boat, this distortion simply continues as the object gets smaller. The mast inst going lower, it's getting smaller as it  goes further away. Furthermore the mast at no point appears to tilt away from view as one would expect as it went over the curve. wow a floating boat, cool.

Screenshot_20180224-155814.png

Screenshot_20180224-155554.png

Screenshot_20180224-155607.png

Edited by davey_83
  • Haha 1

Just now, davey_83 said:

Haha back to work you!!

Nah, no fleet jobs on a Saturday, and no one seems to want to spend today. Brakes gone, tyres bald, but I'll have my wheels balanced kind of day. 

Did you know the Russians made an aeroplane that was designed to skim the water like a boat?, it was called the Ekanoplan, and worked through ground effect, that was a flying boat...sort of.

• Like 1

Ultimate devil's advocate. 

I do feel we're starting to go round in circles now though.  We all keep presenting evidence we've found online. Was it the film Dogma where Chris Rock says it's better to have ideas than beliefs as you can change an idea but harder to change a belief.  

• Like 1

Haha exactly Dan, NASA is supplying the sand. No body of water has ever been tested to show a curve, should be pretty easy to show otherwise.

Science presents a flat plain. Do we think the shape of Cern underground is a flat circle or does it contour to follow earths curves? Do we think the stations around on the land go straight down to link with the LHC or taper as they go down? I doubt it #owngoal

13fb46dd24.jpg

dbe7a59832d8e6a58873aadb6fa2cb68--atom-smasher-physics-classroom.jpg

I don't understand how anyone can see what NASA says about stars and accept the BS, they don't even stick to that same story. The galaxy is set in motion and from our perspective, does it own thing. We can only view what's going on out there, observe and document nothing more. Yet conflicting statements come out about being able to view stars from from space lol I'm actually chuckling, they've done a good job - fair play.

Edited by davey_83

19 minutes ago, Jay84 said:

Ultimate devil's advocate. 

I do feel we're starting to go round in circles now though.  We all keep presenting evidence we've found online. Was it the film Dogma where Chris Rock says it's better to have ideas than beliefs as you can change an idea but harder to change a belief.  

Yeah I know, too bad Captain James Cook couldn't LOL

• Haha 1

Forgive this one Davey as I really don’t mean this to come out as personal as it’s going to sound matey, but how can you so easily dismiss potentially conflicting scientific theories offering alternative evidence so easily, yet shrug it off when gaping holes in religious texts are presented? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ekona said:

Dogma is one of my favourite films of all time. It’s just so absolutely subtle in the destruction of religion, totally cutting yet brilliantly humorous. Never seen a bad Kevin Smith film. 

Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back was pretty awful.

Clerks II wasn't great either but maybe not quite bad either I suppose. 

Also a huge Kevin Smith fan. Sometimes it concerns me just how much I agree with you, Dan. :lol:

• Like 2

Ahhhhh I tried to keep away from door number 3 - religion haha. not offended a tiny bit Dan, I do present my understanding and thoughts truthfully which I can stand by. 

Im trying to approach the matter as if I had been living under a rock for 34yrs effectively resetting what I've been told and working out ALL views for myself. 

Casein point, those of you will know I've come of FB. I found it really addictive, wake up check fb, last thing before bed check FB. I've been off FB since 1st of January and honestly apart from not know anyone's birthdays I haven't missed it. Wanted to see how I felt without it for the first time in 6/7 yrs, tbf I'd never know until I tried. No doubt I will go back on however at present I'm good.

We all know I'm a creationist if that's the right word. With my free time from not being on FB, to help me understand what I think in believe I'm reading the bible for myself. Rather than hearing other people's interpretation of the word, I figured I'd go at it myself - currently up to 2nd chronicles and enjoying it.

Again I find FE debates funny, it shouldn't last 5 mins. What I'm selfishly doing is bleeding it for information as the concept is so ridiculous.

PS I didn't understand the question sadly Dan. I don't know what that is........ so easily dismiss potentially conflicting scientific theories offering alternative evidence 

Edited by davey_83

4 hours ago, Rock_Steady said:

Or maybe it's a giant Lindt ball!! Either way it'll probably turn out to be flat. Like a chocolate coin. 

Lindt ball > Chocolate coin very time....

What a sad world to live in if every Lindt ball became a chocolate coin overnight:(.

• Like 2

• coldel locked this topic