Private plate

Bullet

Ah yes, marmite, no it doesn't really work I dont think. First of all I thought MYT as in an effort at Mate or your initials. Then the 4 made me think A. Sorry I got there in the end but it doesn't spell marmite its more like a private number plate for someone called Michael Yolander Tucker 

Presume it was a £250 jobbie though so not too bad?

20 hours ago, Bullet said:

Yeah it was only a £175 cheapy, I've only have the car a month and with the amount of times I've heard the expression " marmite car "  I thought the plate would be apt .

I'm not a fan of the plate, but know all too well plates are very personal.

I hope you didn't buy this from the link you posted in your first post? Including DVLA fee's it's £287, not £175.

It's £250 direct from DVLA.

Edited by mattross1313
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, zedz said:

Now I'm confused, is this whole thread a wind up, or do you really have a private number on your z?

Private number plates are a serious matter for some!

lots of funny comments above but I don't know what to think now.

Here's mine, my name is Dusty, so it works for me.

All my vehicles have similar plates, it makes your vehicle very privately 'yours'  and is worth the wait. 

If you put two identical pictures together of before and after the effect is just amazing, you will never go back to a dvla number again.

DU57YS  Z

Dustys Z  .JPG

Oh I completely agree, It makes a huge difference.

Pretty hard to come up with a good one though, I would never get away with one like yours because the police in my area are all over wrong font or wrongly spaced plates

I like a personalised plate (as above) if it is 1) is easy to understand and you havent got to spend valuable brain power trying to work it out (sorry op), 2) isnt initials or names (sorry dusty) Having siad that i have a what could be described as a personal plate but just like it as you dont have to have such a huge front plate.

Some good plates round my way are:

13 BAD (1&3 are very close so looks like B BAD

COM1T

FA57CAR

XOC1T

and a dude i recently worked for had AV12DBS on a V12 DBS strangely B)

and you cannot beat Steve Parish's plate

PEN15

Edited by Jetpilot

Another forum I was on people tried to get the chassis code as a P plate, S body Nissans, CJ Colts etc. I agree that a private plate can look good, but i can never bring myself to fully commit, there is nothing I ever fall in love with. I did see J45ONS, but seeing as it was over 100k, I thought better of it.