Ekona

52 members have voted

1. 1. Who are you voting for?

• Conservative
    • Labour
    • Lib Dem
    • SNP
    • Other

A billion quid to keep the Tories in government, views...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-40403434

Yep. It turns out that there actually is a magic money after all. Neither Scotland or Wales will get anything extra in Barnett consequencials. It's hard to see it as anything but a bung.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

A billion quid to keep the Tories in government, views...

http://www.bbc.co.uk...litics-40403434

They will be crucified by the Corbynistas* but doesnt look terrible to me, should also go to cementing support for both parties in NI. Rather £1Bn was spent on NI infrastructure than £40Bn on totally free further education TBH.

* Most recent example was following the Grenfell fire where every man and his dog were blaming Theresa May and Austerity personally for the deaths. Now its becoming clear that the contractors invokved werent working to spec, where are the apologies? Disgraceful IMO but undboutedly the shape of things to come.

• Like 2

Agreed Doc, people want blood and political leverage from a tragedy. Also agree that £1bn isn't huge when compared to £100bn potential brexit fee. Its just silly money and doesn't seem real in those terms.

Still a bung though :lol:

Edited by Jay84

BungBungBung :lol:

It's NI's turn to get some much needed infrastructure refurb and good for them. Perhaps we should move to NI and revel in the new roads and tidy cities, then skip across the soft border when it all gets a bit fractious with the Good Friday agreement.

"Cash support for farmers will remain at current levels until the next election", Gosh, that's going to be for a whole year then :lol:

• Like 1

I think when it comes to morals, JC sits way above TM - however when it comes to numbers, DA is well, erm, a couple of waves short of an ocean.

Seems like a cheap deal in all respects, TM must have nicked it off JC's magic money tree when he wasn't looking though ;)

• Like 1

I think when it comes to morals, JC sits way above TM

I think she's been painted in that light because she tried to make some tough calls at the wrong time. Irresponsible spending while our debt is through the roof seems more immoral to me.

I think she's been painted in that light because she tried to make some tough calls at the wrong time. Irresponsible spending while our debt is through the roof seems more immoral to me.

Good old money saving TM. Brexit will cost a fortune, Trident costs a fortune, the coming tax breaks cost a fortune, the election was needless spending (albeit only a few millions). Yeah, she's all over saving money, just you know, saving it from the right people.

• Like 1

Good old money saving TM. Brexit will cost a fortune, Trident costs a fortune, the coming tax breaks cost a fortune, the election was needless spending (albeit only a few millions). Yeah, she's all over saving money, just you know, saving it from the right people.

It was more around morals of what you stand for, JC hasn't swerved from his beliefs whilst TM changes her mind as often as the day turns to night depending on how much flak she gets.

It was more around morals of what you stand for, JC hasn't swerved from his beliefs whilst TM changes her mind as often as the day turns to night depending on how much flak she gets.

JC has already come out with apparently telling the glastonbury organiser that he will scrap trident asap yet it was in his manifesto to renew? Also it could be argued that tax breaks for the top earners increases the tax income.

https://www.ft.com/content/da81b73a-5a41-11e7-b553-e2df1b0c3220?mhq5j=e1

£1Bn for a functioning government is worth every penny.

Even though it wouldn't have come to this if, y'know, you'd bothered to actually campaign.

£1bn for a functioning government wouldn't have been THAT bad but we got Team Dinosaur Denial! It's only a matter of time before they start being labelled 'So called Protestant State' :lol:

JC has already come out with apparently telling the glastonbury organiser that he will scrap trident asap yet it was in his manifesto to renew? Also it could be argued that tax breaks for the top earners increases the tax income.

https://www.ft.com/c...0c3220?mhq5j=e1

As was quoted in his campaign, he said he still didn't support it but went with the party consensus to keep it.

https://www.ft.com/c...0c3220?mhq5j=e1

As was quoted in his campaign, he said he still didn't support it but went with the party consensus to keep it.

And now wants to get rid, makes no consequence as he didn't win regardless of what he thinks.

Brexit wasn't exactly May's idea, Trident and tax breaks are necessary evils and the election was a good idea that backfired spectacularly. Sounds like you really bought into the 'May is evil' spin though...

Brexit wasn't exactly May's idea, Trident and tax breaks are necessary evils and the election was a good idea that backfired spectacularly. Sounds like you really bought into the 'May is evil' spin though...

It doesn't require spin, just listen to her talk. Trident and tax breaks are necessary evils? Good job the NHS and Education aren't.

Sounds like you really bought into the 'magic money tree' spin.

I'd rather spend money on Trident than the NHS and education. I mean, not one at the expense of the other completely because that's daft, we're just unfortunate that the Trident needs replacing now rather than a few years in the future.

Tax breaks are only useful if they bring in more money than actual taxes. I have no idea on the exact figures right now, but I do know that raising CT would be a death blow to SMEs right now, so I'm against that in principle.

Edited by Ekona

How TM went from looking like the best PM we've had in years from her first speech to becoming possibly the worst in modern times (I'll ignore Gordon Brown for now), I've no idea. She literally couldn't have done any worse if she'd tried.

• Like 1