Frost seats.. How rare were they in Zeds ?

Irn Bru

If I remember correctly, if you forked out the extra cash for the GT pack, then on top of that for another £600 you could spec the Alezan Orange or the Frost colour seats. I think in general the majority of people just didnt like the frost seats so most either stayed with the GT leather seats or if they felt daring went for the Alezan Orange like my car had. Hence they are pretty rare.

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure they were only an option for a year.

After a quick look on Autotrader at HR's, it appears about 20% of cars at the time were specced with Alezan (9 of 48) and there are none with frost leather for sale on there at the moment, but at a guess I'd say about 10% of those who specced the optional leather picked frost. That leaves us with a 9-1 ratio of alezan to frost and a total HR frost combo at about 2%.

Edited by KyleR
  • Like 2

What's the answer you're looking for? A number that were produced?

Yeah, I suppose is the answer mate, but for the UK market. Was just looking to see how many members had frost seats or know a car with them, really just wondering how unique they were in the uk

you and ZMan buying them up or something? :ninja:

What's the answer you're looking for? A number that were produced?

Yeah, I suppose is the answer mate, but for the UK market. Was just looking to see how many members had frost seats or know a car with them, really just wondering how unique they were in the uk

you and ZMan buying them up or something? :ninja:

Lol mate nah, just that I saw Zmanalex had posted up a pic on a thread for another car part for a member and noticed the frost seats, which I've always liked as a different option to the black or Alzean, which I had originally in my Zed. Swapped the Alzean out for 370z seats but just not getting on with them and found my 350z seats much more comfortable, so pm'd Alex and bought the frost ones from the pic. Just wanted to know if they were as rare as I thought they were as I've only ever seen one other car with them.

• Like 1

After a quick look on Autotrader at HR's, it appears about 20% of cars at the time were specced with Alezan (9 of 48) and there are none with frost leather for sale on there at the moment, but at a guess I'd say about 10% of those who specced the optional leather picked frost. That leaves us with a 9-1 ratio of alezan to frost and a total HR frost combo at about 2%.

Cheers for that Kyle, appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

That leaves us with a 9-1 ratio of alezan to frost and a total HR frost combo at about 2%.

Only around 1,100 HR's were sold in the U.K so somewhere around 20-25 if you use that ratio.

Pete

• Like 1

Jesus wept. Ive just been staring at this thread screwing my face up while shouting 'wha...?!' Over and over with each post.

I thought the title said 'four' seats.... Not frost...

specsavers for you dude !!!!

They were an option on all U.S cars except Solar Orange, (Temper Orange to us) from the facelift days, looks like 2005/6 onwards. According to R35LEE in an archived post from 2012 they were an option on all colours on The HR but I've been unable to locate a brochure online to confirm this. Graham has probably seen the same 3 Midnight's as me and the only other ones I know of, advertised on here, Piston Heads or Autotrader have also been Midnight's, maybe another 7 or 8 in total. Anyway, they are certainly ultra rare here but looking at some of the U.S forums are fairly common over there.

Pete

I've seen one Chilli Red with frost too, possibly a Solar Orange, but I'm not 100% sure if I am remembering that one correctly. 100% on the red one, though.

The ones I bought from Alex came out of a Red Zed

I was under the impression they were only available on midnight blue cars here in the U.K. When we were looking I saw one for sale with them but the car including the seats was in fairly patchy condition. Much prefer black leather anyhow so all worked out. That said would have bought a midnight blue with the frost seats if it was in good nick.