Edd Heads For Door Marked 'Do One' at Wheeler Dealers

Stutopia

Shock horror, the tall man is off after new meddling kids try to turn WD into all the other crap car 'restoration' shows on TV. Shows which feature plenty of posturing, talking and **** all actual technical work.

https://www.carthrot...o-dumb-it-down/

I've tried watching SOS, that other show with the guy who sells gin, and all the yank stuff, but frankly it's dog ****. Artificially injected peril for people who can't just watch something genuinely interesting for 60 minutes without fifteen utterances of "if Chad doesn't finish this job by the end of today, he'll have to do it tomorrow", strung together with horrible jump cuts and the occasional Dutch angle.

Edd is the watchable part of the WD show IMO, I'm sure many other fans tolerate tubby funster MB's "personality" because they know there's going to be some genuine content on the way. RIP WD, Edd inspired a bunch of us mechanical morons to have a go at dome of the simpler jobs. Support the big fella by subscribing to his YouTube.

PS - sorry if pea roast, I did search!

• Like 8

I wish Mike Brewer had gone and they'd still got Ant Astead in. He's a legend at building cars, the thing with him is though, he's a perfectionist and the calibre of car he usually works on is nothing like what WD usually do. Either they're stepping the game up, or he's going to have to lower his standards.

• Like 1

Ed was just a nice guy though and barely changed a bit as time went on.

Except is hair, that went grey over night. Must be the stress of MB

He got a bit more camp as time went on. I guess he got more comfortable being himself.

I wish Mike Brewer had gone and they'd still got Ant Astead in. He's a legend at building cars, the thing with him is though, he's a perfectionist and the calibre of car he usually works on is nothing like what WD usually do. Either they're stepping the game up, or he's going to have to lower his standards.

It's a weird one, if Edd's genuinely got the hump because they're cutting down the time consuming and expensive in workshop bits, I can't think why a perfectionist would want to come in and play second fiddle to MB's awful Del Boy impression :shrug:

Not an Ed fan I take it, AliveBoy?

Where did I say anything negative about him? I actually said in an earlier post I wish mike had left as I'd love to see Ed and Ant work together.

You didn't as such. Just the way it 'sounded' no big deal. :)

I remember being astonished when I found out it was Edd's production company as this means he actually employed Brewer and thought him the best man for the job :scare:

The recent series has actually been very good, going into a lot more depth on what Edd is up to, will be a shame to see him go. The hatred for Brewer runs deep as well, Ive seen some epic ranting thread running to 10+ pages back on SXOC about him, the man is a donkey raping cockmaster.

• Like 2

I'd completely gone off Wheeler Dealers on the last season, pile of american style sh*t. They wanted to make EC grumpy when he's a perfectly amicable person, and it was more about doing silly tasks at the end of the build rather than the build itself.

It was quite something to see Brewer shouting at folks on Facebook and Twitter when the fans pretty much started to universally pan the new format, but they had taken something good and sh*t on it from a great height, which p*sses off those who have watched the show for years.

Really interested to see what Mr China gets up to now he's free of the shackles of MB and Velocity.

Edd is/was a legend. I was fascinated many times by the bits of rare automotive quirkiness that he fixed in his stride - old Porsche variable intake witchcraft springs to mind (who knew it did that?). Yep the Brewer was a bit tedious at times, but WD was a great series in the old days. Went down hill for me as soon as they started going to USA.

We need a new series - Edd does car mechanics full stop.

• Like 3

It's just occurred to me what wheeler dealers will morph into now it's American owned...

a bit of..

and a bit of....

Yeah the shows they were doing in the US were at this point already. Such a shame, I don't think there's much left to watch on Discovery now if you don't have an affinity for Alaska....