Man meal

Commander

I despise condiments. If your food needs ketchup to make it palatable, you're shite at cooking.

So when you get a poppadom tray, you just eat them plain and don't use any of the condiments??

What about chips? Just plain potato with no salt, pepper, herbs, sauce?

Personally, I make my own mango chutney, spiced pickle and Raita. You can call them condiments if you like, I wouldn't. I also make my own hollandaise, bearnaise and Dianne sauce when Steak or eggs Benedict is in the offing

Again, if you need ketchup to make your own cooking worth eating...

"Condiment" is a broad term that encompasses many spices and sauces.

Agree with a detest of adding ketchup to everything, but used properly I don't see an issue. Shop bought ketchup is a key ingredient in my homemade chilli con carne and BBQ sauce.

Then there's stuff like burgers which benefit hugely from a bit of sauce. Homemade ketchup / BBQ sauce is ideal, but shop bought does the job.

Personally, I make my own mango chutney, spiced pickle and Raita. You can call them condiments if you like, I wouldn't. I also make my own hollandaise, bearnaise and Dianne sauce when Steak or eggs Benedict is in the offing

Again, if you need ketchup to make your own cooking worth eating...

My kids cut it on everything I make.. going have a little cry to myself lol.

Condiments are fine. I make my own bbq sauce and it blows the **** out of any you can buy.

Onion chutney too. With a hint of cinnamon. Only problem with it is the fact it reeks when cooking.

I don't think someone is a poor cook if they feel the need to add sauce. It's just down to personal preference. For instance, if I make a cheeseburger, I need something tangy on it because they're quite fatty and greasy. Tang cuts through that.

Sauces can and do enhance flavour even with the most well cooked and pure of foods.

Steak.....with peppercorn sauce, for example.

Sausage, egg and chips but with the good red wine vinegar for the chips. Mmmmmm.

pickled onion vinegar is good

Good call.

Got to be really fresh, organic, free range eggs. Dark dark yolk.

Good breakfast sausage too. There's a place I've been to a couple of times and it's sausage is amazing.

Called Top Brink.

• 3 weeks later...