A modern classic ...

AMT

The first was good. It created such a subculture that crossed continents.

Corsa with neons and a fat 'zorst with a 57i. Winning.

17's?! You crazy!!!

You got a Civic? It's a 1.5 ESi? Still, you can drop an H22 in it and keep it on log as D15. We'll go the scrappy and get a turbo of a diesel Rover and stick it on the Prelude lump. Lol.

Edited by TT350

The fact that the 350 is a quick and enjoyable car to own and drive I would stick my neck out and say it will be a future classic once the years pass by and the numbers diminish.

Everybody loves a classic when its good to drive, simple formula.

Standard naturally or subtle mods.... not too..... how can i put it... not too juke box :teeth:

I think your find that any FI mods will also be acceptable as its all hidden under the bonnet and just improves the wow factor when yer ease the old boot down.

Meet me back on here in 15 years time and we can discuss :D

• Like 1

Its all very debatable, which is good. How comes a mint 240z which is now knocking on 30 odd years old only worth £20k? What does that say for the 350z which is mass produced (relatively speaking)? An R34 built in 2001 is worth 8-10 times what a 350z is worth built around the same time.

I think it comes down to a few things such as:

Looks: I think the 350z ticks this box, but does suffer a bit from the 'it looks like a porsche' syndrome

Badge: Some Nissans break the mould i.e. by having the Skyline badge against it, but many do not - why does an E-Type go for £100k+ when its contemporary the 240z go for a fifth of that?

Heritage: Zed heritage is good, so should count in its favour, although many 'average joes on the street' wouldn't have a clue what a Zed is, or was

Performance: Its a good quick car, but lets not forget Toyota/Nissan/Ford etc. were building cars just as quick 10 years prior to it

External factors: Movies, celebrity endorsement, viral stuff on social media can all impact it, who knows what is to come - its not had its Italian Job Mini-moment yet but it might do

I think its in with a chance of becoming a classic worth something in 15-20 years time, I think its far from a given though.

I was into traditional supercars before GT1. Games like Need For Speed 2 and 3 where you get to drive exotica. Huge engines with 600hp.

Then I bought GT1 and got a Subaru and tuned it to 450ish bhp. I thought it was a glitch!

Got to the "Megaspeed" category of races and got wasted by a 904bhp Skyline R32!

904bhp from a 2.6?!!!

• Like 1

Once the insurance drops and the younger lot get them and start stancing them with cut springs and driving them into trees, thats when the values will start to rise. Seems to be the way with most Japanese vehicles, they become desirable before being ruined and then making a comeback as the rarity of looked after cars increases. Much like Integra DC2s, there value as jumped easily a good 3 grand in the last year

This is why the R34 goes for 40k now. Last of the Skylines and the fact that they're now legal in North America.

Last of the true Skylines that we acknowledge as being Skylines at least. We just pretend the the V35 / V36 / HV37 don't share the name. ;)

Once the insurance drops and the younger lot get them and start stancing them with cut springs and driving them into trees, thats when the values will start to rise. Seems to be the way with most Japanese vehicles, they become desirable before being ruined and then making a comeback as the rarity of looked after cars increases. Much like Integra DC2s, there value as jumped easily a good 3 grand in the last year

Already happening if the 350Z FB group (the main US one) is anything to go by.

Ive noticed a big jump in younger Z owners lately, specifically from all the insurance questions haha. I thought I was one of the younger ones at 24!

It'll get worse before it gets better though. Still, means cheaper parts for a while!

Profile says you're 25. You going senile, old man? :bleh:

There were only ever 12,000 R34 GTR's, and they were the ultimate Japanese Sportscar, they also have the race heritage and model lineage.

The TT Supra was THE fastest car you could buy, with THE fastest engine (still is), the 240Z was the origin of species, the Fords that see ridiculous prices here were all stuff that everyone sought after when they were kids.

350Z doesnt really fit into any of those categories for me, it will be desirable but not collectable IMO like the Mk1 Audi TT, Mk1 MX5, anything german and limited edition for instance. I personally dont think the 380RS will see huge increases in value as its too unknown, I dont think a GT4 is different enough either but we shall see .........

Back in the day, Subaru, Toyota, Mitsubishi, Audi, Lancia and Nissan all had their loyal fans thanks to homoglomation of certain cars. Probably due to no Playstation and the like. That created a subculture from the group-B rally days of 600hp 4-pot monsters. After, as said, it transformed into fans from computer games as already mentioned. I for one was that person. Spending evenings with the curtains closed and the TV and Playstation on in my bedroom playing GT and N for S. It certainly introduced me to certain cars like the ones already mentioned. Both are reasons why some cars will go up in value. Just a cult following of like minded people who have a nostalgic view of certain cars they couldn't afford at the time but can now.

As some of you know, i recently bought a Pulsar Gti-R. Why? Because they look like a turbo pram and have chocolate gear boxes? No, just simply because i can remember them being used in rally and my uncle had one when they were new. There was nothing else like it at the time and i just loved its quirky looks and the fact that Nissan threw everything at it apart from the kitchen sink. Whenever there is a Pulsar for sale on ebay, it always gets around 50 people watching. Loyal fans who want to get their chance of picking up their dream machine.

• Like 1