Co-op Games - Your Recommendations Please

Stutopia

Me and a couple of mates have just about done Tom Clancy's The Division to death and I'm hoping you can recommend PS4 titles where you can have groups of at least 3 co op gamers running through a genuine story mode, NOT just free for all versus shooters like COD.

I'm looking for games like:

- The Borderlands series

- Aliens Colonial Marines

- The Division

What have you got?

Any feedback (good or bad) on co-op GTA V or Destiny would be good. In particular if there's a good volume of co-op missions to run, I don't want it to be just a limited number of small side missions (like the coop in Red Dead Redemption).

Ta, Stu

Yeah, destiny. I've been playing it with a couple of friends since it came out. It is dying a bit at the moment though with no new updates for a while.

I felt like the division was just a copy of Destiny with their own spin on it but never really got on with it, I much prefer the shooting mechanics of destiny.

Destiny: the collection is a cheap way to get it now as its the game with all the dlc (you really need all the dlc to play it). Destiny 2 is due out at the end of the year too.

• Like 1

If you've got The Division as a rip off of Destiny (I kind of had it pegged as a rip off of Borderlands!), then it sounds like Destiny is good contender for our next title. I didn't really love Division at first but it dig grow on me, the only thing that irritates me slightly is that the AI characters are bullet sponges, which makes it a bit tedious at times.

Thanks both.

GTA hiest missions maybe worth a look but only if you already have the game.... I don't have many friends to set them up and don't like the thought of performing them with randoms Not sure it will have longevity that you are probably after either.

Edited due to typos....

Edited by Fodder

GTA V is the ULTIMATE coop game, it's the most fun ever, in fact, it's kinda essential these days to go out in a group if you don't wanna get wrecked. I was hesitant to join gtav online, I thought it was going to be a pointless clusterf**k, but it's really, really good. If I had more time and game playing friends, I'd be in there a lot more. Getting a good group of 4 players together for the heists is the ultimate reward, I don't know if you've ever raided in a MMORPG at a high level, but it gives that level of satisfaction, teamwork and accomplishment. Even when you tire of the kill kill kill (who am I kidding?) the races are epic and extremely challenging as well. Its less an online game as an online world where you can go with your mates. I know this sounds like an advert, but try it, you'll see. Especially with good friends who play well. ;) I never laughed out loud so often in any other game either.

Edited by Aashenfox
  • Like 1

How can you say that and it's not even out yet? :wacko::lol:

Everything I've seen about that game looks good to me. It's out March the 7th this year and I'll definitely be giving it a go.

Because I take note of the latest beta gameplay.

Less than one month from release, and it looks like that. Nothing in there is remotely fixable in time, especially given that many of the issues there have been there since the alpha. This is an absolute disaster of a game.

Everything I've seen about that game looks good to me. It's out March the 7th this year and I'll definitely be giving it a go.

Less than one month from release, and it looks like that. Nothing in there is remotely fixable in time, especially given that many of the issues there have been there since the alpha. This is an absolute disaster of a game.

I haven't seen that video before and yes it does look a mess but isn't that the point of them sending out a BETA so that they can find issues and solve them before release?

Hopefully it'll be delayed then if they can't fix all the issues in time as better that then releasing a messed up game. Been waiting a long time for this title so a few more months doesn't bother me.

I played the beta of wildlands with 2 work colleagues for about 12 hours over the release weekend and apart from the a.i enemies having one or two freak outs randomly (although highly amusing) it was fun, exciting, stunning and fully immersive.

And hard too! my god you need to communicate ALOT or prepare to have your team torn up by the Cartel Gringo!

• Like 1

I was really looking forward to this game to fill the division / destiny void but based on what i have read and seen on feedback from the beta i am giving it a wide birth until it is sorted. Looks stunning but it seems to be a big sandbox with poor AI and when you get to a sandbox GTA does it far better.

Played the Closed Beta of Wildlands and can say that most of the bugs in the above posted video are fixed or trivial.

I mean are you going to fly a helicopter inverted and grind your enemies to a pulp? Probably not.

I do like how sniper shot drops over distance, as it should be.

I am leaning towards getting it, about 75%....

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Played the Closed Beta of Wildlands and can say that most of the bugs in the above posted video are fixed or trivial.

I mean are you going to fly a helicopter inverted and grind your enemies to a pulp? Probably not.

I do like how sniper shot drops over distance, as it should be.

I am leaning towards getting it, about 75%....

Had a few hours on the open beta yesterday, I'm really enjoying Wildlands. It's not easy but it's great fun.