Help a newbie choose.

Doug426

Hi all

So I'm currently having a bit of a crisis in terms of choice of motor. Now I am looking at getting a 350z and I have two close to me. I have been and seen both only driven one so far due to the fact I was late earlier and the guy had an appointment to get to.

So here are the choices.

Car A. I have driven and sounded good, no mechanical gremlins detected other than the roof not folding all the way that the dealer has said he will fix before delivery.

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201609167828845

Car B. I have seen however wouldn't start due to battery being discharged, it did turn over briefly and no ominous noises.

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201609177851738

So my question is if it were your choice of the two, which would you go for?

(Assuming the test drive I have asked for with car B goes ok later this week)

TIA Dougy.

Impossible to say, as either you want to be able to put the roof down or you don't.

The silver car is better for me though, as it's a facelift so you don't get the dreadful interior and the crappy headlights. And it's on the Rays, not the heavy OEM wheels.

The Ginga FTW .......... but then I'm biased. All depends as said above, what's your preference is it a coupe or a roadster. I personally find the roadsters hard on the eye, but that is just MY personal taste. You makes your choices, pay the money and take your chances, as the saying goes.

NB: Rember though, it is always worth travelling further afield for the right car, don't buy just because they are close by you. Good luck in your search :thumbs:

Depends what you want. If you want to have top down motoring go for the roadster. The wheels is an easy fix. Rays crop up frequently on here for sale. Keep the touring wheels for winter!!

The roof concerns me a little. Although what was the external ambient temperature when you tried it. Generally the handbook suggested not putting it down if it's less than 8 degrees. You may find that a good warm up and a lube of the pivots and sliders will sort that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Depends what you want. If you want to have top down motoring go for the roadster. The wheels is an easy fix. Rays crop up frequently on here for sale. Keep the touring wheels for winter!!

The roof concerns me a little. Although what was the external ambient temperature when you tried it. Generally the handbook suggested not putting it down if it's less than 8 degrees. You may find that a good warm up and a lube of the pivots and sliders will sort that

Unsure on the exact problem with the roof. It did open and fold but just kinda ran out of energy to fold the last few bits and the back to close back down. Maybe a duff motor if it has more than one but it's a guess really. Would of been about that temperature at the time of viewing. But to be fair the dealer came out upfront and told me about it as I asked if the car was ok.

Thanks for the info so far guys. I'm not sure what I want to be frank. If I want soft top or hard top. And with both these cars it's kinda a tough choice for me. I do miss the days when I had a Lotus with the soft top but having just come back from a r32 with plenty of space and a hard top it makes the desicion difficult.

What I was kinda interested to hear was if there would be any big difference other than the roof, but given that no ones yet mentioned anything then I assume they are pretty much the same, just one you can get rid of the roof for less space in the cabin.

Thanks again guys been very helpful.

The roadster is a nads slower on acceleration but nothing you would notice in the real world. The biggest difference is ( and I'm biased here) we have that special button that makes any exhaust sound about 100 times better. It says "open"

• Like 3

What I was kinda interested to hear was if there would be any big difference other than the roof, but given that no ones yet mentioned anything then I assume they are pretty much the same

Thanks again guys been very helpful.

The interior and an extra 500 revs makes a HUGE difference, IMHO.

If you're going to look at it as well as drive it, get the coupe, it's lines are near perfect :cloud9:

Though I must admit (as a coupe owner) when we pop out for a drive in the sunshine in Wales, I do kind of envy the ragtop gang and all that extra V6 noise. At least until they have to put the top up! Whatever anyone says, go with your heart not your head.

PS - Just so you know, gunmetal is the fastest colour ;)

• Like 1

Checked both on Vehicle Check and they both have almost clean MoT history of no advisories. The coupe was run in 2010 a number of times though on tyres beyond legal limit and came up on the MoTs then. So might have a little bit of a less cared for history.

I think as above, do you want a coupe or a roadster - coupe looks better but for the money you are getting much more car with the roadster.

Checked both on Vehicle Check and they both have almost clean MoT history of no advisories. The coupe was run in 2010 a number of times though on tyres beyond legal limit and came up on the MoTs then. So might have a little bit of a less cared for history.

I think as above, do you want a coupe or a roadster - coupe looks better but for the money you are getting much more car with the roadster.

Thank you very much for this info. The coupe had full service history but at mostly independent dealers whilst the drop top had full Nissan service history so what your saying would tally up.