Too low for uk roads?

Blocko

What's the standard GT ride height? To my knowledge my car is standard (black springs with orange dots?) but I scrap the front bumper and undertray quite often during my commute to work? It's put me off buying a splitter.

Do the rest of you suffer from this?

There's a pub I go to and I nearly always forget that the car park entrance has a ridiculous speed hump. Went yesterday and it either caught my undertray or something else. Awful noise.

But under most conditions I don't scrap unless they're a weird shape or I'm going too quickly (above 20 for in some cases).

I'm lowered 35mm+, attack the speed bumps at an appropriate speed and angle if necessary. I very rarely feel any contact, but then again I'm not hitting them like I'm in a Range Rover.

This. If youre hitting in a standard car something is VERY wrong.

• 3 months later...

I live in italy where the roads are comparable or maybe worst than uk... and the stock Z os very low imho ! Not only it scrapes badly quite everywhere, but it actually gets stuck on a lot of garage ramps! Better not to mention if you lower it... I had a bmw Z4 before and it was nowhere near as low as the 350z, I think it has to do also to the long wheelbase.

Mine is standard height, and is fine on almost everything, except those half road speed bumps. If its goes kerb to kerb, its fine no scraping. But the little mound ones I can hear the little plastic trim under catch slightly. I fitted a front splitter this weekend, a Nismo style one, and it didn't scrape any worse. I just take it slow, and straddle the white lines if the coast is clear.

I'm on Tein S springs so lowered a little...i'm fine on most speed ramps (kerb to kerb as mentioned above), but the little humps i have to make sure the wheels go over the middle of the humps, rather than run the tyres on the angles.....massive scrapage underneath otherwise...sounds horrendous!!

Mine is standard height, and is fine on almost everything, except those half road speed bumps. If its goes kerb to kerb, its fine no scraping. But the little mound ones I can hear the little plastic trim under catch slightly. I fitted a front splitter this weekend, a Nismo style one, and it didn't scrape any worse. I just take it slow, and straddle the white lines if the coast is clear.

Speed cushions. :thumbdown: