Staff bonuses

Flex

Got some good people working for me at the moment and I want to reward them this coming year. Previously only had one employee and given a bonus in pay every 3 months but things have changed a fair bit and I just wondered what people have had in bonuses i.e. presents/cash etc and what they appreciated the most.

So instead of cash, perhaps weekend away or spa day?

Bit of a strange question I know but there we are.

Last place I worked at we would get a 10% performance based bonus as long as the company hit their profit targets. Other perks were Friday treats each week - crack out some beers and get some pizza etc. in. All went to Paris for a day one summed too which was great 😊

• Like 1

Lap dances?

Sorry flex i have a feeling that's the sort of thing you would post to someone else's thread :lol:

On a serious not I like being acknowledged for doing a good job, cash is always good or time off but sometimes a verbal recognition goes a long way.

Well done by the way for thinking of them :thumbs:

• Like 1

Best appreciation gift I ever received was a Rado watch which I've still got ... that was from the South Koreans where I worked in Saudi Arabia

I'm not giving them my new Rado, which hasnt arrived yet!!

Lap dances?

Sorry flex i have a feeling that's the sort of thing you would post to someone else's thread :lol:

On a serious not I like being acknowledged for doing a good job, cash is always good or time off but sometimes a verbal recognition goes a long way.

Well done by the way for thinking of them :thumbs:

Lap dancers is a flurkin awesome idea but do you think they'd mind if they had to watch them dance on me? Staff are women btw. :lol:

• Like 1

At 100-300 I'd be looking at taking a day off and going go karting or something similar rather than a cash payout.

As Fodder says though the main thing is to make sure they know their work is appreciated. Despite the various perks my last place had you should've seen the smile on one of my colleagues faces when she told me our boss actually said 'thank you and well done' to her.

Group team building day at your expense in work time? Paint balling or something. My company provide the guys bonus pay, but I buy chips in winter and ice lollies in summer, the workshop has no heating or AC... Meaning it's only pleasant in spring and autumn.

Personally I always appreciate either one of two things from an employer, ...paid time off or extra cash.

I've had all sorts in the past from different employers I've been with like wine, beer, chocolates, vouchers etc but nothings as good as time to yourself away from work or money to do what you like with. :thumbs:

• Like 3

:lol: Chippendale night out then... I'm sure they won't mind watching you with them! :surrender:

One thing I should have mentioned is there is one thing that' peeves me off something rotten is someone getting rewarded for doing their job.

Recently I saw a group of people get recognised for fixing an audit issue they were fully aware of but didn't flag it as an issue. That tonne is disciplinary but these guys get kudos coming out of their ears.

• Like 1

Nice meal out with their family. Tell them just to send you the bill, let them pick. They'll probably go somewhere nice but won't take the mick, but you could have a bottle of champagne or something waiting for them upon arrival.

• Like 7

Nice meal out with their family. Tell them just to send you the bill, let them pick. They'll probably go somewhere nice but won't take the mick, but you could have a bottle of champagne or something waiting for them upon arrival.

classy

Ekona has it, I was just about to suggest a nice meal for them and their partner at somewhere nice but not pretentious.... obviously if they like pretentious that's fine but me I'd prefer good food over flashy table cloths.

Edited by Fodder