What a Knob

Rock_Steady

Pulling away from the petrol station last night, after checking the tyre pressure, i plodded back home and heard a strange noise from the back of the car, as if something had hit it. Suddenly i realised, it was my mobile phone that i had casually left on top of the car while checking the psi :doh: . I thought i'll turn back after the round about and see if i can spot it, stop and get it. On the return journey i cruised at 40 checking for traffic behind me. I saw it but it was too late as i drove over it :thumbdown: . I thought, well it might still be o.k and tried another round trip. So, while on the way back again i saw possibly three juggernauts coming in the opposite direction. So that was the end of my phone as it was probably well and truly road killed.

I've done some stupid things in my life, this is not the worst but by god it's bloody annoying when you have only yourself to blame for the remarkable level of stupidity.

On the other hand, i can't think of a better excuse to get a new i-phone. :teeth:

• Like 5

Something similar happened to me ages ago, probably 20 years ago. Left my badminton racket on my dad's car roof. Didn't realised it when i went searching for it a couple of days after.....Doh!!!

As you said......good excuse to get a new phone =)

• Like 1

Many moons ago, when I used to play ice hockey, my dad picked me up after training one night. He had a little Fiat Uno and my kitbag only just fit in the boot, whereas my sticks had to slide down the side of the passenger seat and rest on top of the rear seat.

He was in a huge hurry for some reason so, rather than me putting the sticks in the car, he decided he'd do it this time.

Seems he didn't quite push them far enough in so, when he slammed the bootlid down, the handles shattered his rear windscreen!

I swear I could see the steam coming out of his ears as he stood there, absolutely silent.... :lol:

• Like 2

Something similar happened to me ages ago, probably 20 years ago. Left my badminton racket on my dad's car roof. Didn't realised it when i went searching for it a couple of days after.....Doh!!!

As you said......good excuse to get a new phone =)

But badminton is a girls sport so serves you right.

I do, however, really enjoy badminton but no one to play with so the jokes on me :)

• Like 1

A few years back I went to leave work and was greeted by a flat tyre, flatter than flat infact. So I went about changing the flat for my space saver and nipped down to the local tyre place.

Somehow, in between changing the wheel over and getting back in the car, I had either misplaced the locking nut key or left it in the locking nut itself... Either way, ended up with a missing key and having to have the nuts smashed off and replaced.

But here is the kick in the teeth. The tyre didn't even have a puncture, it was holding all the air that had been pumped into it and had no leaks under inspection.

I once put my wallet on my roof whilst I put some stuff in my car leaving our company car park in Sutton. Drove for 6 miles before realising, stopped and it was still there. :lol:

• Like 3

My brother in laws wedding I put the flowers (that were in a pot baking dish) on the roof. Drove off and it went flying, smashed all over. Bro inlaw not happy, bad times.

Edited by Flex

I've lost a few petrol caps by leaving them on the roof, 2 of them were on my orange Mini and the caps were colour coded. I once locked myself out of a car on the forecourt of a petrol station by leaving the keys in the ignition and catching the lock button while getting out of the car. Did the same thing at a Motel in Rapid City, South Dakota, had to get a locksmith out for that one :blush:

Pete

• Like 1

That being said my favourite one was when my dad dropped me off at my house after golf. Took my clubs and his out the boot of his car. I put mine away and he forgot his were still there. Reversed straight over them. Insurance claim and a new set as a result. :p

• Like 1

How about THIS for complete knobishness!

Went to my parents place where my mum was out and only my miserable dad was getting ready to go out for the night. I was using my laptop with my dads printer and as i was just wrapping up a report he said "when you leave don't forget to lock the door! You have your key don't you?" , "yes i do, i have it in the car" So, off he goes.

Now, five minutes later i'm packing up my stuff, laptop, phone, car keys, papers. Quite a lot to carry. Before leaving with my hands full, unable to lock the door with my keys which were in my car, brain wave! I'll use the keys in the door to lock the door and post them through the letter box and go. I put my car keys down on the kitchen work top to have a free hand to lock the door. Took the keys out of the door .Closed the door. Locked the door. Posted keys through the letter box. Genius. Walk to my car, but where are my car keys? In the kitchen. No problem i'll just get the key's from my c... Bollocks. I'm locked out with my car keys in the house and my parents' house keys locked in my car. It started to rain and it was incredibly windy. Not wanting to damage my laptop in the rain i went into the back garden and crawled into a plastic Peppa Pig house and sat on a Peppa Pig chair with knees up to my ears. I opened the laptop and i could still get the wi-fi from inside the house. I e-mailed my mum explaining my knobishness in the hope she'd see it on her phone. She didn't. I had to sit in that Peppa Pig house for nearly 2 hours playing solitaire until someone got home. I was not happy.

Edited by Rock_Steady
  • Like 6

Did the same a few months back. Turned out onto a dual carriage way, put foot down, then clunk ... black rectangle bouncing down the road behind me. My first thought was that I'd somehow thrown a brake pad. Pulled over, nothing amiss. Gingerly drove 100 miles home and later on in the evening thought ... where's my phone. Then put two and two together ... Thing is I remember thinking to myself as I was loading the car, don't put your phone on the roof, you'll forget it ...

Still, at least it wasn't quite as bad as the lady driving out of the supermarket carpark just before Christmas with a bag full of shopping on the roof.

• Like 1