Anyone play guitar?

TT350

I have played on and off for years. Not had one now for maybe 7 or 8 years.

I bought a brand new Ibanez on Gumtree the other week. £90.

It's only a Gio Ibanez (like smartprice value guitar) but I've got a set of EMG pickups. EMG 81 And 85 and a wiring set.

Will keep on the lookout for a wizard 2 neck.

Currently painting the body in my cellar. Will buy a different pickguard because the leopard skin one it has is disgusting!

I had an Ibanez last time too. An RGR321EX. That came with EMG pickups in early models like the one I had. Later on they replaced the EMG's with IBZ pickups.

20161220_115840_zps5evdsaf3.jpg

• Like 1

Yup, and I'm just about to have a strum now (ooer) :D

The newest is the Ibanez M80M, still not quite used to it so far more playing now I've got the exact tones I like with the Atomic Amplifire (red pedal in 2nd pic) and some custom Impulse Responses.

The oldest is the Jackson, I think I got that in 98.

gits_zpsfsksyxf7.jpg

Goes into...

setup_zpsllyqrnjm.jpg

• Like 1

Wow. That Maverick is beautiful!

I almost bought an Ibanez RG550 the other day. They were made in the early 90s and quite rare. I got outbid.

Buckethead inspired me to learn. His playing sounds more accessible to the average person than the likes of Satch and Vai.

There's a lot of tallent out there. I love spending time on Youtube finding new stuff.

Tosin Abasi is really good.

Travis Montgomery.

Keith Merrow.

Loads of stuff out there.

I remember stumbling on "New Millenium Cyanide Christ" by Meshuggah lol.

Djent used to be good until it went a bit Emo.

Tesseract are still mega.

Awesome talent in this next video..

Wow. That Maverick is beautiful!

Thanks ... last Maverick to be sold ... well really I didn't buy it - it was kind of a barter with Mark James ( who owned the Maverick manufacturing company in South Korea) ... he came to live near me and wanted some design work doing on the house he bought ... he gave me the guitar when his guitar tech had set it up for me personally ... plays like a dream and I'll never sell it !

• Like 1

I remember stumbling on "New Millenium Cyanide Christ" by Meshuggah lol.

Djent used to be good until it went a bit Emo.

Aye, even though I have an 8 string 'djent' guitar, I really don't play that style of stuff, unless I'm just playing along to Meshuggah :)

BTW I can wholeheartedly recommend the Atomic Amplifire (only Andertons sell them in UK), no matter what kind of music you're playing. I don't have any space for amps, and I don't really have the budget to stretch to the top end stuff but this is a great mid-way device.

I got it as I wanted to get on-board with a product that's new, and listening to it's user base and frequently updating it.

I LOVE IT !

F'ing Halfords.

Fully prepped the guitar for colour. Did all the coats of primer. Wet sanded when dry. Got it feeling like glass. Dry. Everything....

The Holts tin of paint is f'ed. It should come out as a mist, as I'm sure you know...but the paint is coming out in a very narrow 'laser beam'.

Obviously you can't build up the layers like that as it's just so concentrated and runs. Should be a fog or mist.

I've now got to strip it back and start again when it's dry and I used a full tin of primer.

Grr.

Still peeved about Halfords and their sh1tty spray cans.

Gonna replace them tomorrow and insist they check thoroughly.

But the blue does look really good. Ford Imperial Blue has to be one of my favourite colours.

Will aim to get a flawless finish tomorrow

IMG-20170102-WA0033_zpsd7kfmb0g.jpeg

• Like 2

Nice, I gave up but never really tried. Just bought a violin, starting lessons next week. Should be painful.

I tried my hand at the violin at school, but that was a whole different ballgame!

You'll have to keep us informed with how you're getting on :thumbs:

Nice, I gave up but never really tried. Just bought a violin, starting lessons next week. Should be painful.

I tried my hand at the violin at school, but that was a whole different ballgame!

You'll have to keep us informed with how you're getting on :thumbs:

Yes I'm told it's one of the hardest instruments to learn. Got a starter one from Amazon £45 so cant go too far long.

Ive got a couple of Fender Strat replica`s which ive stripped and repainted and a Zakk Wylde bullseye Epiphone which I actually had signed by him.

Playing the guitar was something id always wanted to do since I was a kid, so about 10 years back I actually sat down and started to learn it. A couple of my mates are exceptionally good guitar players so they helped me out a bit. One of the best things I got was a pocket pod. Cracking gadget. I used to get up early and spent an hour every day practicing before work. Unfortunately then like all my other hobbies & interests they all got scrapped when I met the wife and so ive not had the spare time to practice since. Its on the list to do when I retire.

• Like 1

Yep played for about 17 years now, gigged a few times but prefer playing on my own 😊

Got a nice prestige Ibanez RG1570 which is black with red metalflake, which I use mainly for metal, but my favourite guitars are my Hello Kitty strat (totally love this 😂) and an acrylic LP copy I totally stripped down and upgraded:

JF5yEOC.jpg

6OQ95J0.jpg

Theres also a bass and acoustic but nothing overly interesting, as the main stuff I play is punk and metalcore kinda stuff

• Like 2

Ive got a couple of Fender Strat replica`s which ive stripped and repainted and a Zakk Wylde bullseye Epiphone which I actually had signed by him.

Playing the guitar was something id always wanted to do since I was a kid, so about 10 years back I actually sat down and started to learn it. A couple of my mates are exceptionally good guitar players so they helped me out a bit. One of the best things I got was a pocket pod. Cracking gadget. I used to get up early and spent an hour every day practicing before work. Unfortunately then like all my other hobbies & interests they all got scrapped when I met the wife and so ive not had the spare time to practice since. Its on the list to do when I retire.

signed by Zakk Wylde! Very B)

signed by Zakk Wylde! Very B)

I know, it was a bit of a result to be honest. A mate of mine used to be a prison warden and he happened to mention to me that Zakk was going to visit his prison and did I want him to see if he could get him to sign my guitar. I was like derrrrr let me think about it.... Anyway, he got it signed for me. Pure luck really!

• Like 1