what wheels will fit a 350z

greasyphil

Would they fit? Hypothetically yes, depending on the off set and spoke design to clear the brakes. Would I recommend they be fitted? No, not at all. Tyres are too skinny and with a square set up like that, it'll play havoc with the TCS.

Merc and BMW wheels will not fit with a PDC adaptor.

Edited by KyleR

JDM 350 FairladyZ come with 17inch wheels as standard, and I'm currently using a set with winter tyres on.

Not sure of the rim sizes, but tyres recommended in the manual are:

Front: 225/50R17 94W

Rear: 235/50R17 06W

I have these Contis fitted and have driven on roads covered in sleet/hailstones at below zero temperatures already this year:

Continental ContiWinterContact TS810 Sport 225/50R17 94 H FR

Continental ContiWinterContact TS810 Sport 235/50R17 100 V XL, FR, N2

Do these clear the UK brembo brakes?

I know some US and JDM Zed's came with 17s but maybe they had the smaller brakes.

I suppose if you were really looking for 17s you could always do a backwards brake conversion to the smaller zed brakes to prevent them fouling smaller rims.

Yes they do on mine.

I do however have 20mm spacers fitted which came with the car, which will alter the distance to the spokes, but the Brembo brakes do clear he rims.

Some JDM models are fitted with smaller brakes. My car was originally, but I got the brakes swapped over to Brembo before it left Japan.

Comfort wise I have not noticed much difference if any since taking off the 18 inch Ray wheels.

Edited by GrahameJ

Do these clear the UK brembo brakes?

I know some US and JDM Zed's came with 17s but maybe they had the smaller brakes.

I suppose if you were really looking for 17s you could always do a backwards brake conversion to the smaller zed brakes to prevent them fouling smaller rims.

The OP has an import, but it would be worth noting if he has Brembos or not.

I recently bought a 350z auto with 19" wheels ride is so hard,spoils a nice car, would like to try 17" with lots of rubber, would 17" nissan 5 stud SUV wheels 215/60/17 fit a Z? what about merc and bm?

Is it still running on standard suspension? Or does it have lowering springs possibly or coilovers? Just a thought.

Personally I'd just go for 18" alloys like these if they're still for sale: http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/109961-oem-rays-cheap-my-wheels-225/

Imo the 45 profile of those tyres will be more than enough rubber between you and the road to make for a smooth ride. Good luck either way. :thumbs:

Thanks for all the posting,the previous owner was into golf his wife with only a auto licence did not like driving the Z, they bought it from a dealers for £6250 only kept it for 6 months.they were only offered £2000 as a trade in, i acquired it for £2750 nice quite engine no smoke, 90000 miles. strange rattle from off side corner on B roads, hand brake not working at all, horrible bone crunching ride, a car dealer friend has driven it,worse than a smart roadster!

Thanks for all the posting,the previous owner was into golf his wife with only a auto licence did not like driving the Z, they bought it from a dealers for £6250 only kept it for 6 months.they were only offered £2000 as a trade in, i acquired it for £2750 nice quite engine no smoke, 90000 miles. strange rattle from off side corner on B roads, hand brake not working at all, horrible bone crunching ride, a car dealer friend has driven it,worse than a smart roadster!

Have a look at the suspension to see if you can see any stickers on the dampers or maybe a print on the coils. The ride shouldn't be that bad, even on 19's or larger wheels.

Hello, im sure the wheels are not the only cause of a hard ride, if i press down with all my weight on any corner of the car there is no movement like the car has no suspension, going to take the front wheel of this week , looking at pictures of 350z the gap above the 19" looks normal

update on my previous post, removed both off side wheels, car has standard springs and gas shocks, have read the forums to checked the color coding on the springs, looks like 17" with a high side wall is the only way to get a smother ride, harsh ride seems to be a common topic with 350z

update on my previous post, removed both off side wheels, car has standard springs and gas shocks, have read the forums to checked the color coding on the springs, looks like 17" with a high side wall is the only way to get a smother ride, harsh ride seems to be a common topic with 350z

its a sport car a harsh ride is part of the package, i guess it depends on what you define as harsh and what your comparing it to.

What tyre size are you currently running?

Anyone got any pictures of a 350 on 17's? I fancy a set of rota kyusha's but can only seem to find 17's although the thought of that doesn't bother me as I like the look of chunky tyres

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk