Supercharged Type R to a 370z?

nub

I cant help thinking you will be very underwhelmed with a stock 370 after a charged Type R

Until he navigates his first roundabout in the rain. :)

I could drift my old van around roundabouts , its was neither quick or sporty

Oh I definitely want a white one! Since I had my champ white edition FN2 I've grown to really appreciate sports cars in white! I do like black as well, had a black EP3 but they don't stand out as much and obviously they won't contrast with the nismo bumper etc if they're already black. Thanks for all the responses guys but I do want a 370, not 350 even if I have to increase my budget. I'm gonna buy a little flat to move into so I want/need to retain around £25,000 for a deposit but once that's sorted I could save a few grand more quite quickly and consider what's on the market.

I think performance wise, my civic would obliterate any NA 370, except in a 0-60, but even then it would be catching up! I think I could sacrifice some cornering ability and overall performance, for the V6 lump that actually produces more low down torque than my FN2, even though it's supercharged. It's simply a bigger more powerful engine, my FN2 makes 200lbft at 3500rpm. I think a stock 370z makes more than that even at 2000rpm. But in a car not much more than 1300kg, the lower torque is still enough to get it moving. Looking at the dyno chart above, despite being heavier think a 370z might feel quite a bit nicer in the lower revs with some real usable grunt. I can only imagine really. It you think your Zs need more low down power then try driving a stock civic type R FN2 or any K20s type R. (not the new one). Put your foot down at 2000rpm and nothing moves 😀

I'm not gonna sell mine until I'm 100% sure but the more videos I watch, the more I think I'd be happy with it. I think a stock 370z in white with black OEM alloys looks great and with a cat back I'll be revving it all day. It's slow and has a fat ass but lots of character ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by nub
  • Like 1

Who can tell me about clutches? On the type R, our OEM clutch is good for 25% increase in power no problem. Also with stock NA power you can do 1st gear launches all day and the clutch is fine.

Another thing I see spacers all round is such a common mod, is there any beneficial reason for that aside from the obvious? Like it looks better but what else considering you're adding unsprung mass???

Berk HFC and this Ark Grip exhaust seems a good combo if it's not too loud in person.

I could be wrong here, but is the 370z coupe not about 1460kg? I'm sure it's not as heavy as 1600kg.

Also with the mods you've mentioned, so HFC's, cat back, intakes and a decent remap (Ecutek) then 360 bhp isn't out of the question, possibly even slightly more.

I've had my 370 for about 18 months, it's not particularly expensive to run and it's a massively fun car to own. I'd definitely recommend you go test drive one.

I came from a B18'd SiR EK pal that like yours, was modified to the nuts. Might've not had the most horsepower but it ran rings around so many things on a twisty B road. It was glued down

As been already said they are completely different driving experiences. I never feel truly relaxed driving my Z compared to the civic as I find the Z a real handful because I dont trust it in the corners. I dont know if it's slightly worn bushes or just me (It is my first RWD but ive had it over a year now) but I'm always conscious about it biting me

Dont think for a second though that means I dont like driving it. I LOVE it. The sounds these cars make, the looks they get and the comments. Personally Id recommend you try and test drive one before you take the plunge. I miss the Honda, definitel. But would I go back? Not a chance ☺

The more I read the more I'm convinced. This synchro Rev sounds like great fun when the exhaust sounds good, oh a practical too. I'll definitely test drive one first. I think I need to have both HFC AND and an exhaust so that the engine note comes through fully without much effort but then I don't want it to be far too loud, so maybe one of the quieter cat backs. Do the stillen3 make any induction noise you can hear?

360-370 BHP is still not as fast as my civic but it's not gonna be way off with superior low down torque it will feel fast.

The more I read the more I'm convinced. This synchro Rev sounds like great fun when the exhaust sounds good, oh a practical too. I'll definitely test drive one first. I think I need to have both HFC AND and an exhaust so that the engine note comes through fully without much effort but then I don't want it to be far too loud, so maybe one of the quieter cat backs. Do the stillen3 make any induction noise you can hear?

360-370 BHP is still not as fast as my civic but it's not gonna be way off with superior low down torque it will feel fast.

With HFC you are probably looking at 335-345hp to be honest , ever had your Type r on a dragstrip ?

No I haven't mate, being FWD it's not gonna get fantastic times. Although against a stock 370, it wouldn't be too far off, by 80mph or so it would probably have caught up. I've been on the Nurburgring though 🙂

Yes I would love to get 370bhp, if that's possible with stillen3, HFC and an exhaust and ECUtek remap then that would be fantastic and I'd be happy with it. I'd have to research more on the optimum exhaust to have, and HFC. I've heard of Berk HFC and Ark Grip exhaust is great for power and sound apparently. I've seen a few videos but it's difficult to imagine how it sounds ok person.

dea06d9bf073e5ce0896c51351b354de.jpg25b2d7aa41b94b3876578924429f8d8c.jpg6eee4cb83d42c21ece5b3e4d65d7b237.jpg

I came from a UK DC2 to a 350Z DE

Both totally stock bar noise - Mugen airbox/98' mani, decat, Spoon N1 & Just a cobra non-res Y back on the Z.

I think you have to be over Hondas before you make the move.. I was bored of having to scream the poor thing everywhere and wait for the power. The shove in any gear from the Z was such a wonderful change.

Both sounded incredible, I still miss the crossover on the teg but the Z really is something else.

I now have a 350Z HR which is soon to get the same Non-res cobra but with Motordyne ART decats this time.

The Zs are most certainly not B road heroes like the Honda was.. you really do feel the width of them - not so much the weight.. just overall size.

The DE used to run dead level with a mates JDM 98' DC2 (which used to drive away from my UK :( .. they really are that much faster) The DE though had at best 280bhp so that was always to be expected. In my eyes I kept about the same speed but gained the noise, rear drive fun/feel and a degree of luxury.

I used to work at a Honda dealer prior to a drastic career change - albeit on the bikes it was a combined dealer so I still drove everything I could get my hands on. So I've been fortunate enough to try pretty much everything with an R badge on it.. (only standard NSXs!)

Yup completely different cars I know, as a track project I think the civic is a fad better platform. But as a daily street car, the 370z may be more fun of you can appreciate its character. I've watched so many videos and on thinking most cat backs with the HFC are gonna be too loud maybe, same problem with the the civic cat backs, but it's difficult to say from videos. Most of the cat backs seem to be similar in design really, a burnt rolled tip would be my choice but of course they're all more or less £1500. £500 for the high flow cats seems way overpriced to me, I mean how much for such a small section plus 200 cell stainless steel core/substrate, I think the profit margin must be huge! Im sure whist looking last night I saw 370z text pipes for £400 or so.. are they bloody mad! I'm also thinking that although loud, decat pipes should make over 10bhp more than even the best flowing 200 cell sports cats, perhaps 20bhp? But unlike in the K20 scene, few people bother doing it. I'm wondering if I should get a custom dual cat back made up, so that if was like 20% quieter than typical aftermarket cat back but then I could remap the cat with decats. Has anyone made 370bhp NA on these cars?

Oh I know but a total of 370bhp over 326bhp is a significant increase. I may have been wrong on the kerb weight, I think 1600kg is like the older 350z convertible maybe. All the reviews mention how heavy they are but when I google the 370z it claims it's like 1450kg or so which isn't so bad 🤔

I just wanted to know the potential as if you ask on the type R or K20s forums, they can all tell you the engine will make X amount of power with bolt ons etc, because it's been done so many times and so everyone knows

Her ya go -

Super Charged Nissan 350z GT Modification list

Engine

3.5l VQ35DE V6 block bored to 96mm

Tomei pro cams

Brian crower valve springs and valve caps

3 angle valve seats

Ported cylinder heads

Skimmed heads (0.5mm)

OEM full gasket set

Polished and balanced crank

Eagle h-beam rods

Arp rod bolts

Arp Head studs

Cosworth 96mm 11.0:1 forged pistons

ACL race main bearings

ACL race big end bearings

ACL race thrust washers

New oil pump

APS Plenum

APS Sump

Bosch 725cc Injectors

Vortech V2 Supercharger

Additional Engine / Engine Bay

Haltech Platinum Pro ECU

FMIC

Stillen Ceramic Coated Headers

AEM water/meth injector with filter

Wizards of NOS 75 shot system

AMS Light Weight Pulleys (Except main pulley due to damping)

Stage 1 FRS

AAM Fuel rails

Walbro 255 fuel pump

Mishimoto fans and aluminium shroud

Koyo radiator

Nismo thermostat

Nismo oil Cap

Oil Cooler

Power steering fluid cooler

Spill's grounding kit

Stainless Steel Coolant and Power steering pot

Stainless Steel Bolts

APS Strut brace (modified)

Rare JDM harness cover (modified)

Samco Hoses

Decat Invidia G200 Exhaust

Z-Speed under tray

Transmission

OEM 6 speed gearbox

Carbonetic twin plate clutch

Kaaz limited slip differential (2 way converted to 1.5 way)

Quick Shifter

Torque Solution rear gearbox mount

Braided Clutch line

Suspension, Brakes and Wheels

Braided Brake lines

Ksport 6 pot callipers and 330mm disks rear

D2 8pot callipers with 356mm disks front

Tein Flex suspension all round with EDFC

NISMO Front and Rear ARB's

SuperPro / Whiteline adjustable bushes throughout

Adjustable rear camber arms

Rota Drift 18" wheels running Toyo 888's 275 rear 245 front for track.

19" x 11 RE30 Running 295 Rear & 18" x 8.5 RE30 Front Running 245 for road .

GTSPEC 4 Point Mid Chassis Reinforcement Brace

GTSPEC Rear Lateral Arm Brace

GTSPEC Rear Lower Tie Brace

GTSPEC Front Lower Tie Brace (soon)

GTSPEC Fender Braces

Interior

Custom built centre console

After market Head Unit with BT and SAT NAV

2x AEM Wide Band gauges

AEM Fuel pressure gauge

Saga Oil Temp gauge

Saga Oil Pressure gauge

Saga Boost gauge

Bride Brix II Seats and Rails

EDF Control unit

Nismo throttle pedal

Track Cam

NOS Control unit

Water/Meth control unit

2 x 5lbs NOS bottles with heaters (stealth install)

Nismo Titanium gear knob

Custom warning light array

Green LED Lighting

Exterior

Shine Amuse Front Bumper with CF intake

CF A Pillars

CF Mirror Covers

CF B pillars

Nismo Version 2 rear wing

Upgraded facelift rear lights (LED type) tinted

Rolled arches

Rear arch extensions

Nismo Side skirts (replica)

LX Front wings

Espirit rear bumper

Limo tint rear glass

Subtle green and black paint work.

That will get you

1. 508 HP at the rear wheels with over 420ft/lb Torque on NOS

2. 450 HP at the rear wheels off NOS

3. On the front cover of a magazine

4. In debt up to your eyeballs

5. Probably Divorced

:)

• Like 2

And moving on -

Nissan 370z (2011) “Hissing Sidâ€

Engine and Exhaust

Stage 1.5 GTM Supercharger kit upgraded 3"intakes

I'd 1000cc's Injectors

Cjm frs with rising pressure regulator

Turbo dynamics blow off valve

Baffled catch can Oil system

340lph Fuel pump

Berks resonated cats

Stillen exhaust system

24row Setrab oil cooler with filter relocation & mocal thermostat, fully braided lines

Stainless Steel Rad expansion tank

Interior

Illuminated door Sills

Gtr start button

Reverse camera

Custom Pillar Pod with Glowshift Gauges

Exterior

Amuse Front Bumper with integrated Carbon Fibre

Amuse Rear Bumper with integrated Carbon Fibre

Amuse Side Skirts

Amuse Rear Spoiler

Carbon Fibre Bonnet

Stillen Rear Windscreen Spoiler

Vented Wings

Blue Glitter Warp

Wheels and Tyres

Linea LC818 19x9.5 Front and 19x11 rear

25mm Spacers on rear

Muteki Wheel Nuts

Michelin Pilot Super Sports 245/40/19 Front 285/35/19 Rear

Suspension

Eibach lowering springs all round

Eibach Anti Roll Bars Fonrt and Rear

Will get you

1. 440HP at the rear wheels

2. Looked at

3. The centerfold of a magazine

4. Even further in debt

5. Divorced again!!!

:lol:

• Like 2

Sorry to hear about your divorce ðŸ˜

I got my FN2 Supercharged, only paid £2300 for that 2nd hand it was an absolute bargain ! But I see that the 370z kits are around £6000 2nd hand? It's definitely a possibility if I enjoy the car in a few years time and once i learn more about it !

And moving on -

Nissan 370z (2011) “Hissing Sidâ€

Engine and Exhaust

Stage 1.5 GTM Supercharger kit upgraded 3"intakes

I'd 1000cc's Injectors

Cjm frs with rising pressure regulator

Turbo dynamics blow off valve

Baffled catch can Oil system

340lph Fuel pump

Berks resonated cats

Stillen exhaust system

24row Setrab oil cooler with filter relocation & mocal thermostat, fully braided lines

Stainless Steel Rad expansion tank

Interior

Illuminated door Sills

Gtr start button

Reverse camera

Custom Pillar Pod with Glowshift Gauges

Exterior

Amuse Front Bumper with integrated Carbon Fibre

Amuse Rear Bumper with integrated Carbon Fibre

Amuse Side Skirts

Amuse Rear Spoiler

Carbon Fibre Bonnet

Stillen Rear Windscreen Spoiler

Vented Wings

Blue Glitter Warp

Wheels and Tyres

Linea LC818 19x9.5 Front and 19x11 rear

25mm Spacers on rear

Muteki Wheel Nuts

Michelin Pilot Super Sports 245/40/19 Front 285/35/19 Rear

Suspension

Eibach lowering springs all round

Eibach Anti Roll Bars Fonrt and Rear

Will get you

1. 440HP at the rear wheels

2. Looked at

3. The centerfold of a magazine

4. Even further in debt

5. Divorced again!!!

:lol:

I'm about to do my second 370

I just didn't get married lol :)

• Like 1

Nub I took out your link as we'd prefer it if people advertised properly following the rules listed in the appropriate trading area. ;)

You can put up a FS advert here though (Just follow the rules in red and you can't go wrong) : http://www.350z-uk.c...um/32-for-sale/

I had a look at your Pistonheads advert and the pictures weren't working FYI. Great advert otherwise though with loads of information and well written. :thumbs:

• Like 1

@*!# really? The images work on my phone and my PC 🤔

Not much point me advertising here yet methinks or maybe I will when I'm 100% on it.

Thanks 🙂