Supercharged Type R to a 370z?

nub

@*!# really? The images work on my phone and my PC 🤔

Not much point me advertising here yet methinks or maybe I will when I'm 100% on it.

Thanks 🙂

Just gone back into my history and re-looked at your FS advert on Pistonheads. Pictures are working fine for me now, ...not sure why they didn't earlier as it was just black. :shrug:

You could always try a "Swap Shop" advert (also in the "Trading Area"). ;)

2 things:

Rev match is just heel and toe at the end of the day, its a lot cheaper to learn than to buy a car :lol:

A Civic is only better as a base for a track car than a 370 if you are entering the Civic Cup. As a daily, unless you are REALLY into your Civics the 370 is going to be a lot nicer to drive about.

• Like 1

I don't get why people get so hung up over the Rev Match thing. Couple of weeks of practice and you can do the exact same thing yourself, and the bonus being you can do it on any manual car you drive then.

I'm not sure I could pick a worse base for a track car than a Civic tbh, unless it was an auto diesel estate :lol: Don't get me wrong, they're good solid cars, but they're essentially a granny's shopping car with a revvy engine. For me, something that was designed as a RWD sports car will always be a better place to start from.

• Like 1

A civic is a far better platform for a track car, especially if it has an LSD, the stock 2.0 can do 400bhp no problem with boost and can be made very light indeed.

However, I'm not looking for a track car at all and yes the 370z would be a better cruiser/daily, well in terms of the engine usable power yes, obviously it's not as practical.

I do think I'd enjoy a modded 370z more, although it may not be faster without FI. I think up to 360bhp is achievable according to what Horsham developments told me although that figure of 357 was with a decat. Has anyone made more than this? The also said that Zs generally don't make their claimed factory BHP sadly. However, with 350 and good low down torque it should feel just as fast.

With that BHP does anyone have issues with traction when launching ?

Boosted S2000s can be very quick when boosted ,stronger internals, RWD and light but come on, 370z looks and sounds better!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A civic is a far better platform for a track car, especially if it has an LSD, the stock 2.0 can do 400bhp no problem with boost and can be made very light indeed.

However, I'm not looking for a track car at all and yes the 370z would be a better cruiser/daily, well in terms of the engine usable power yes, obviously it's not as practical.

I do think I'd enjoy a modded 370z more, although it may not be faster without FI. I think up to 360bhp is achievable according to what Horsham developments told me although that figure of 357 was with a decat. Has anyone made more than this? The also said that Zs generally don't make their claimed factory BHP sadly. However, with 350 and good low down torque it should feel just as fast.

With that BHP does anyone have issues with traction when launching ?

Boosted S2000s can be very quick when boosted ,stronger internals, RWD and light but come on, 370z looks and sounds better!

And you can do a 3000 mile jaunt across Europe and have fun in a z without to much discomfort

Yup. I've had an EP3 for 6 years before the FN2 ;)

Great fun wish I'd never sold it

They are great cars the EP3 CTR imo.

Had mine for over 3 years and it literally gave me not one issue in all that time even with me putting on some serious miles and taking it over the 100K miles mark. Best FWD car overall that I have ever owned. ;)

Oh yeah, great cars in their day! They can be made to look good and once you get them to 250bhp or so, well they're faster than the 350Z was at stock power! But of course they look their age now and so cheap that for a while now that they've accessible to even the lowest of lowest scum bags. Thankfully I live in a nice town and not a big city but you still find them on the Facebook groups and see their crap on my news feed ! Also they don't seem interested in my type R, the FN2. Possibly in part because the cheapest FN2s still sell for 4K or so and out of reach for most of em. I had an offer of £8,500 on pistonheads for my charged FN2 🙄

Welcome to the forum.

I used to be on civinfo. Had a red type r. Loved it. I had a 350z, then a jcw mini (don't ask) then my type r. Went from that to a 3.2 v6 audi a4 cab because i missed the v6 of the 350z and nothing like it. So got rid and got myself a 370z.

I'll admit you need to drive both 350z and 370z. Both completely different cars. I'd say the 370z is a lot more refined than the 350z but with few choice mods is bang on. In places the 350z is starting to show its age, especially interior but still equally fun. I do miss my 350z i think. I say i think because i remember what it was like and i don't quite get the same feeling from the 370z.

Thanks guys, yeah I'm on civinfo and CTRO etc. Recognise GMballistic. I'd be considering an 09/10 plate 370z in white if I could get one for around £15,000. I'd probably get £12,500 for my civic, maybe more if I'm patient or maybe less. It is a faster car and probably quicker in corners, cheaper to run and maintain, mpg definitely better on the civic! But I think the looks and sound should be worth it. Can someone tell me what BHP I'd get remapping with intake, cat back and high flow cat? If estimate 350bhp? I do like the idea of 1st gear launches which I can't do in the civic. I'd get AD08s all round. Also what kinda torque are these making from 2000rpm? I'm gonna try find one local to test drive, more than likely I'll only find a 350z in a garage but I guess they're similar. Anyone have a 350-360 NA 370z and does your feel quick despite being so heavy ?

Thanks

Haha I'm still on CTRO too. The best thing about a Z over a hot hatchback is the fact it feels like a sports car and looks like one. RWD torque and two seats. Plus sitting on the garage forecourt makes a hot hatch look exactly what it is, a hatchback, you will I guarantee always look back at a Z and think "yeah that looks sexy" :)

Welcome to the forum.

I used to be on civinfo. Had a red type r. Loved it. I had a 350z, then a jcw mini (don't ask) then my type r. Went from that to a 3.2 v6 audi a4 cab because i missed the v6 of the 350z and nothing like it. So got rid and got myself a 370z.

I'll admit you need to drive both 350z and 370z. Both completely different cars. I'd say the 370z is a lot more refined than the 350z but with few choice mods is bang on. In places the 350z is starting to show its age, especially interior but still equally fun. I do miss my 350z i think. I say i think because i remember what it was like and i don't quite get the same feeling from the 370z.

350z definitely not for me. I'd prefer more refinement and the 370z looks better as you say. I even think the standard 370 looks a bit bland, but then my Mugen FN2 looks very sporty and aggressive. But the 370z is indeed a true sports car underneath. With black OEM alloys I feel it looks a bit better and with the 2016 nismo bumpers I think it looks fantastic.

a0d1ad027858d254803be6773d7e2b47.jpga47a72b71b194b4f3b113027861fbdce.png

Yeah GMB it was a Teg M ;)

Yeah GMB it was a Teg M ;)

They sound fantastic don't they?! :D

I had a genuine Gruppe M which I managed to buy used on eBay for around £380 odd and it needed some tidying up (new filter, bit of a clean).

Kept it on my car for around 2 years and then before selling the car I put it up for sale on an eBay auction (started at £290), ...it sold for £400 odd so I was gob smacked. :scare::lol:

The standard 370Z make look a little bland to some but there is a lot you can do to them to make them your own...

big_thumb_836cb67c058d7661ccaeacb373a77f12.jpg

;)