Renault Megane GT Sport 😮

Erni902

Came off a roundabout earlier with one if these up my backside, it just would not drop back!! Never looked like overtaking me but matched me for acceleration all the way up to XXmph

Googled it and its a 1.6 Turbo producing 202bhp and 206lbft Torque.

Needless to say I was shocked at what I saw. Let him past me on the next roundabout to see what it was and I dont think Ive ever said this about a renault but it did look rather nice especially in blue.

Why do you care? You have no idea if it's standard or being driven on the edge or if it's in fact stolen.

Forget what others are doing on the public highway and get yourself from A to B in the most comfortable/safest way possible even if it's via C D E F and G way points.

The zed isn't point and squirt, it's a grand tourer and will keep going all day long. Enjoy it for what it is not what others think it is.

• Like 5

Sorry to be the voice of gloom but thousands of avoidable accidents happen on the roads because people don't pay enough attention to driving and too much to racing. I always think its worth reminding yourself of that before anyone hit the loud peddle and stoop to the level of an idiot ragging their car - you only encourage them more by taking part in their immature little world.

I appreciate this thread is ultimately about the capabilities of hatchbacks, it's been covered, modern ones are quick. I think thats it.

• Like 2

I was not aiming my comment at anyone in particular, moreso that engaging with people that want to gun it down public roads only makes the situation worse, you wont be 'teaching them a lesson' by racing them.

i know, but i just wanted to make it clear that i'm not bothered about racing on the motorway or B-roads. i know what the zed is capable of and i'm too old to be racing like my **** was on fire.

Yes but they sound like most other modern 2lt turbo, where as the VQ sounds amazing

Definitely agree with you there. :thumbs:

I really like my current car the S3 but it sounds absolutely rubbish when compared to my old Zed.

Yeah I realy struggle with sound of most of these new hatches as good as they are

They all seem so hollow and all do that farty pop pop thing lol

Yes but they sound like most other modern 2lt turbo, where as the VQ sounds amazing

Definitely agree with you there. :thumbs:

I really like my current car the S3 but it sounds absolutely rubbish when compared to my old Zed.

Yeah I realy struggle with sound of most of these new hatches as good as they are

They all seem so hollow and all do that farty pop pop thing lol

One of the most popular & highly rated exhausts you can buy for the S3 is the BCS Powervalve exhaust system. On the Audi forum they all bang on about it but I just think it sounds rubbish... :thumbdown::lol:

Happy with how my car goes as it is definitely quick but it's going to need a V-block with a lot more cylinders if it's ever going to sound good imo. ;)

The VQ can sound nice, but it really needs a very specific combination. There was one guy on here who achieved nirvana for me, can't remember who it was but he had a dark blue HR coupe, came to the Grasshopper meet a few years back and I've never heard a Zed sound so good in all my life. Most 350 exhausts just sound LOUD, and whilst that's definitely fun and entertaining I don't think I'd call them aurally aesthetic.

As far as four pots go, I quite like a K-series with some lumpy cams. Gives it personality.