Standard unleaded

secretstar07979

It will be OK if you only have a little bit of standard unleaded in the zed. Fill up with super as soon as you have chance to do so. I personally will not rev the pass 2500/3000rpm at every gear change.

Edited by veeg33

Standard unleaded is fine in HR models ?

Yes and no. Certainly the HR engine can handle 95 RON without having to keep the revs under 4k and the odd £20 worth of 95 won't detonate the engine but it should be run on 98 RON to get the best out of the engine and for peace of mind. With 95 RON you get less power and use more fuel so that means that its false economy not to get 98 RON. Mind you, I needed some fuel the other day at an Esso station and 98 RON was £1.38 :scare:

Pete

Few year back i was a member of an ireland Nissan group manly for sourcing Pulsar VZR bits, another car ideally meant to run on super unleaded with no major issues being run on 95ron. Didnt come across any horror stories regarding the 350z either, only issue with the little 1600cc was that most cars didnt make book figure for bhp and tbf it was the same in the uk.

Not for a second saying to use 95ron all the while, which i never have but i dont think its the be all and end all if you get caught out.

Personally i feel weve seen far too many of these 'bulletproof' engines slatting a rod through the block etc to ignore the fact that the right fuel needs to ne used.

Very very difficult to pin it down to fuel but you take some time to read up on pre igition and knocking (which are 2 totally different but intrinsically linked things) and youll understand why its a serious consideration

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Edited by Ricey@revolveautomotive
  • Like 2

To be safe always use super and if you must put normal in, just put enough in to get you to the next fuel station that could have SUL... £10.00 something like that. Again keep your revs down and don't be hooning it.

Fair enough we've all heard the stories but tbh its not worth it if you become one of those in the book lol. *touch wood* never had to use a single drop of regular stuff so far.

• Like 1