Netflix

coldel

Was browsing this yesterday, just finished watching Stranger Things (which is excellent) and chanced across something called Apex, a 90 minute documentary on hypercars with in depth interviews with the owners of Koenigsegg and Pagani - really great programme, if you have Netflix look it up.

Also noticed something called Epic Drives, which seems to be a 30 minute episode showing a featured car driving great roads, there is a GTR episode.

I also watched the Audi Le Mans documentary a while back, thats really great viewing too.

Anyway, thought it might be worth mentioning...loads of great car stuff on there at the moment.

• Like 5

just finished Stranger things too - absolutely loved it! +1 to watch it ...

really struggling with TV shows now, any other good recommendations on netflix?

Tried watching Peaky Blinders but got pretty bored halfway through episode 1 and turned it off

Actually only just finished watching all 5 series of Breaking Bad (yeah I know, I was busy)

really struggling with TV shows now, any other good recommendations on netflix?

Tried watching Peaky Blinders but got pretty bored halfway through episode 1 and turned it off

Actually only just finished watching all 5 series of Breaking Bad (yeah I know, I was busy)

If you like gangster type shows, Boardwalk Empire, The Sopranos, The Wire etc, I would certainly recommend you stick with Peaky Blinders...

If you're a fan of BBC type dramas like Luther, i'd recommend line of duty which is an awesome show, very similar to Luther.

Breaking bad is an inresting one, I liked it but didn't think it lives up to the hype ...

• Like 1

Thanks for the tip, must check out Epic Drives. The Audi Le Mans Doc is good - think it's called 'Truth in 24'

As for other shows, I'd recommend 'Bloodline'. It's a slow burner at the start but Ben Mendelsohn is just fantastic in it! I really enjoyed Better Call Saul too.

I've also started watching 'The Bridge' - it's a Danish / Swedish police detective series. Fully subtitled though.

First two series of Breaking Bad were fantastic and really they should have stopped there, the next three were really interesting as they take you on different journey's with the characters, one minute you love Walt and hate Skyler, then next its all flipped on its head, great script writing. But really I thought the story was a better finish at the end of series two.

I don't really have much time to watch TV apart from one series a couple of times a week - so if something doesn't grab me straight away I tend to switch off. Maybe will see out a couple of episodes of Peaky Blinders...

Thanks for the tip, must check out Epic Drives. The Audi Le Mans Doc is good - think it's called 'Truth in 24'

As for other shows, I'd recommend 'Bloodline'. It's a slow burner at the start but Ben Mendelsohn is just fantastic in it! I really enjoyed Better Call Saul too.

I've also started watching 'The Bridge' - it's a Danish / Swedish police detective series. Fully subtitled though.

Yes thats it Truth in 24, great documentary, really brings it home how dangerous and how much effort goes into getting a car around a track for 24 hours. It literally breaks people.

I find Breaking bad, entertaining but a little slow at times, Blood line i started to watch but kind of lost interest, will have to go back to its sometime, i am currently watching Marco Polo, season two, very good if you like historical drama.

Despite having Sky Q, i still hang onto Netflix as i don't have sky cinema, and i think there is a better choice of movies with Netflix, i just wish they would add more UHD movies as they are now going to have some stiff competition from sky UHD movies soon.

I have been looking into getting Netflix but would need to upgrade my TV first as it's not a smart TV. I'm also not sure on what kind of download/upload speed I would need to have on my broadband.

Currently watching Better Call Saul - the Breaking Bad spin off, and really enjoying it. My other fave which has now finished was Penny Dreadful.

I have been looking into getting Netflix but would need to upgrade my TV first as it's not a smart TV. I'm also not sure on what kind of download/upload speed I would need to have on my broadband.

Currently watching Better Call Saul - the Breaking Bad spin off, and really enjoying it. My other fave which has now finished was Penny Dreadful.

If your TV has an HDMI input, you could buy a Chromecast for £20-30 - these support Netflix.

I got an Apple TV hooked up to my TV to get Netflix. Or as above Chromecast can get it for you. Have to admit having watch HD TV for me makes hardly any difference, quite happy with my non-HD TV, if you really get engrossed in the programme I hardly notice the difference.

Yes Stranger Things was excellent, being a kid growing up in the 80's to see the level of detail on the props was amazing, absolutely everything was spot on. Even the V style credits at the start!

• Like 1

I would certainly recommend you stick with Peaky Blinders...

Yep, give Peaky Blinders another go, only 6 Eps per season but very good!!

We bailed on Breaking Bad a few episodes in first time round, but came back to it and loved it.

Currently watching Elementary (NYC Version of Sherlock Holmes) and enjoying it. But cannot wait for The Walking Dead to come back :D

Not long finished breaking bad for the second time round, also enjoyed better call Saul. Most recently I binge watched falling skies and z nation also orange is the new black was quite entertaining. Next to watch I think will probably be stranger things or game of thrones obviously after I've got my fix of motoring shows ;)