Corsa VXR

TT350

I'm considering getting one of these as they're quite cheap even with low miles and I love the styling and 200 bhp has to be decent in something that small and I bet that turbo gives it awesome spread of power.

Having driven an A1 1.4 Turbo I really liked it. It just got a bit breathless higher up but I loved the sudden gush of boost. If team Corsa is anything like the A1 I'd be happy.

Not expecting the interior to be fantastic but they look decent.

Anyone owned/driven one?

I have found one for 5k 19k miles on an 08.

I had an 09 VXR as a toy in between my 350 and 370.

Fun for the first few weeks but they are a bit 'harsh' which began to annoy me - but then I am in the 50+ age group.

VXR forum is awful, in comparison with this forum, but have a read up for likely problems. I don't think there are any major ones apart from piston 4 but even this is quite rare, and more common on cars that have been tinkered with.

The boost is addictive and handling is good, great for B road blasts. The suspension is compliant on roads with a good surface but crashy on potholed roads, but still holds the road on uneven surfaces.

Interior is not too bad, obviously nowhere near as good as my 350HR or 370, but is acceptable and recaro seats are excellent.

Again just to echo comments above Ive a friend whom had a one from new and has been through two gearboxes in a short space of time. Worst part is he doesn't even drive it as a daily I see it off the drive maybe once or twice a week and unfortunately if it isn't on the drive it's sat at the dealership getting repaired.

Wouldn't touch them with a barge pole. I've been a member of a Vx forum for 12 years, and it's about the only VXR that gets slated by them.

Get a Facelift Mk6 Fiesta ST instead. Bullet proof if they've been looked after and a lot of fun to drive.