Theresa May - Yay or Nay?

HaydnH

Theresa May  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Yay or Nay?

• Yay
    • Nay
    • Teresa May

She's by far the best of the shower they put forward. The number two choice couldn't even get through a week without upsetting gay people and the childless. She didn't seem too keen on publishing her tax affairs either, but to be honest I don't actually agree with that anyway. If HMRC are content with her return and it's legally compliant it's not up to the public to review whether or not it's "ethical". Whatever the hell that means!

Gove will be fuming right now :lol:

Not sure but did seem the best of the bunch, anyone who has held down the Home Office for 6 years must be hopefully doing something right. For me there are 2 good things, Gove got what he deserved and much more importantly she can get on with the job of sorting out the current mess. 9 weeks saved, not much but the idea that we couldn't do anything until the Tory party election was over was a bit irksome. Just heard she should be PM by Wednesday. Good luck, we'll all need it I think. Interesting times ahead.

Her comments earlier about putting Conservatives 'at service' of working people and wanting to put employees on companies boards of major firms is interesting... I'd expect those kind of noises to come more from the Labour camp than the tories... "New Tory" maybe?

Her comments earlier about putting Conservatives 'at service' of working people and wanting to put employees on companies boards of major firms is interesting... I'd expect those kind of noises to come more from the Labour camp than the tories... "New Tory" maybe?

One day a politician will come good on statements made...........................
  • Like 1

Anyone scared that, when women are given a big chunk of power, they might weild it with a heavy hand in order to prove something? Make their stamp.

And that she has the mighty Thatcher to live up to?

Yup

Anyone scared that, when women are given a big chunk of power, they might weild it with a heavy hand in order to prove something? Make their stamp.

She may well want to make a stamp (like, any PM would), but less of the sexist bullsh!t please.

Edited by Randy_Baton

She may well want to make a stamp (like, any PM would), but less of the sexist bullsh!t please.

I'm not being sexist and I'm not sexist. I was probing people's opinions about it. It's not my opinion and i was just curious about people's thoughts on it if I raised it.

I'm not concerned.

Edited by TT350

As someone that works in one of the public sector areas she has ran into the ground as Home Secretary I can't say I am too excited about the prospect, although as mentioned, she is sadly the most credible candidate. Hopefully take at least a couple of years for her to sort out selling my job to G4S with the Brexit mess she has to sort out first :cry: