Valy's Zed build #Rocket Bunny >The Blackout<

valy

the car dried well after the wash and after me having to get hold of a 1.8 tip for my spray gun I have done today 2 tack coats and 1 medium coat of high build primer

will be doing 2 wet coats of it tomorrow and later in the afternoon and on Saturday will move to colour

16344026_1219361041432881_1436427378_n_zpsebpphh2x.jpg

16344504_1219358874766431_709351049_n_zpsquqjzr9d.jpg

16358959_1219358834766435_637292883_n_zpsdnqo7xqi.jpg

Edited by valy
  • Like 6

Good progress looking forward to seeing the end result.

thanks Lee...how is your project going?

Slowly mate. Only got a single garage so need the weather to be ok so i can work on the drive, hence why im very envious of your space.

Those wheels on this colour body are gonna be sensational!

haha well kind of... because this is not the final colour is just the black primer....thought about having it gloss black though at one point...might be back to it if the purple doesn't turn out the way it should...wheels also might get a different coat but I'll see how everything looks once this next task is completed Edited by valy

Good progress looking forward to seeing the end result.

thanks Lee...how is your project going?

Slowly mate. Only got a single garage so need the weather to be ok so i can work on the drive, hence why im very envious of your space.

remembered you saying this...yeah I wouldn't touch my car for such a project if I didn't had the space available...nevermind, lets hope we get some nice days soon and you can continue with your project as well ;) Edited by valy

I'm really really impressed with your work and progress dude, :thumbs::notworthy: but I gotta ask, sorry, but I gotta....

Why not just remove the rear lights instead of masking them and unscrew the aerial? :shrug:

• Like 2

I'm really really impressed with your work and progress dude, :thumbs::notworthy: but I gotta ask, sorry, but I gotta....

Why not just remove the rear lights instead of masking them and unscrew the aerial? :shrug:

no need for taking them off,simple enough to mask the rear lights and still get the same outcome with dipping ....on the tack coats I have also insisted on the joins so should all be just fine and the aerial I left in place as I am covering the base ring
  • Like 1

soooo....what has been going on since my last update

well...I wasn't happy after the base coat with some of the small finishes and decided I will keep the car only with the base dip , drive it to make sure there are no rattles etc....at least until my remap and also get a few other bits sorted

and I got the Torqen undertray fitted (very pleased with it!) and also I have extended and sealed my front mud guard arches

now did I just ordered one of these kits?

air-lift-3p-combo-kit-nissan-350z-2003-2008_zpssti3kjmt.jpg

YES I did and it has been delivered the next day :D:stir:

16467334_1224823370886648_198601095_n_zpstvgybvlo.jpg

brand new Air-lift 3P combo kit for my rocket bunny Zed

this means the colour will have to wait a bit longer before all modifications are done :stir: hopefully the shopping stops soon :surrender:

Edited by valy
  • Like 2

soooo....what has been going on since my last update

well...I wasn't happy after the base coat with some of the small finishes and decided I will keep the car only with the base dip , drive it to make sure there are no rattles etc....at least until my remap and also get a few other bits sorted

and I got the Torqen undertray fitted (very pleased with it!) and also I have extended and sealed my front mud guard arches

now did I just ordered one of these kits?

air-lift-3p-combo-kit-nissan-350z-2003-2008_zpssti3kjmt.jpg

YES I did and it has been delivered the next day :D:stir:

16467334_1224823370886648_198601095_n_zpstvgybvlo.jpg

brand new Air-lift 3P combo kit for my rocket bunny Zed

this means the colour will have to wait a bit longer before all modifications are done :stir: hopefully the shopping stops soon :surrender:

Is it fitted yet??? lol

exhaust upgrade today,thanks to Rich260 :thumbs: got this beauty - Motordyne Shockwave tdx2 and Art pipes :

36E5B0FB-9987-4389-B876-273F7C03DACF-2641-0000022ABB2C3194_zps08vafuoo.jpg

and brought it home for install on Monday morning

16736717_1234293133273005_1009832552_n_zpsdxlkesnp.jpg

looking forward to the highly recommended sound note :bounce:

Edited by valy
  • Like 2