Valy's Zed build #Rocket Bunny >The Blackout<

valy

I like the idea of blending them into the car a bit mate, makes it different í ½í±í ¼í¿»

I think it will look good,and there is no way back now as I already started the job as you have seen in the above post ...just 1 guy in America I saw that did this to his car and it looks great to be honest,think (Bob)Buster shared a few pics here of his car

there will be quite a few Rocket Bunny Zeds by show season in UK and I want something a bit different...plus I also didn't like the way the front fenders were flowing with the car lines once they were on,hence my decision...but this just means a lot more work for me with all the bloody filling and sanding :bangin: I already hate doing this :help:

I think it will too mate.

It does seem to be the main thing at the minute with rocket bunnys kits, so will be good to make yours a bit different and stand out ðŸ‘ðŸ»

😂 Just got to think about the end results, even if it does seem like a job you wish you hadn't started haha

Edited by Dean.B
  • Like 1

I like the idea of blending them into the car a bit mate, makes it different í ½í±Â🏻

I think it will look good,and there is no way back now as I already started the job as you have seen in the above post ...just 1 guy in America I saw that did this to his car and it looks great to be honest,think (Bob)Buster shared a few pics here of his car

there will be quite a few Rocket Bunny Zeds by show season in UK and I want something a bit different...plus I also didn't like the way the front fenders were flowing with the car lines once they were on,hence my decision...but this just means a lot more work for me with all the bloody filling and sanding :bangin: I already hate doing this :help:

There's already a smoothed rocket bunny 350z getting done in Scotland just now so you know.

I personally think it does look better than bolt on but it's just going to crack. There's no way getting around it as the two different materials are going to move different so it cracks.

I like the idea of blending them into the car a bit mate, makes it different í ½Ã­Â±Ã­ ¼Ã­Â¿Â»

There's already a smoothed rocket bunny 350z getting done in Scotland just now so you know.

I personally think it does look better than bolt on but it's just going to crack. There's no way getting around it as the two different materials are going to move different so it cracks.

yeah just saw that yesterday,a bodyshop in Glasgow or so...well it is expected by now that others are doing various projects but I also feel like it does look better smoothed out

had a wide bodykit before and didn't crack for years so don't understand why this time it would but anyway will wait and see ;)

• Like 1

Ian as you can see the rear ones are spot on but yes the fronts should have probably been perhaps 11j rather then 12j but I am thinking a bit of camber might change it ,otherwise I will change the lip for a smaller size at some later date (the joys of having 3 piece wheels ;) )

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

long due an update so pushed hard to get some time and fit the air lift suspension and it is finally installed

out with the old suspension

1_zpsq7kyixcv.jpg

and in with the new,I got to admit I got a soft spot for shiny car parts :lol:

3_zpsshkf50gx.jpg

2_zpsdcdjtbci.jpg

4_zps7sy3w41y.jpg

and started at 75 psi

5_zpstfheiwhh.jpg

and after lowered it to 25psi (guess I have made the right choice in the end to get 12j wheels on the front as it fits like a glove ;) )

6_zps3e5gsk8d.jpg

7_zpslz80lulu.jpg

8_zpsh9wmjyy2.jpg

9_zpsfupabc2x.jpg

excuse the dirty car :surrender: ,it's been sitting for 10 days in my workshop

will treat her to a wash tomorrow and then start the last 2 steps,first continue to blend the kit and after will get the colour on...

hope no more delays as Japfest is upon us

:)

• Like 1

I like the idea of blending them into the car a bit mate, makes it different í ½Ã­Â±Ã­ ¼Ã­Â¿Â»

Seen a glimpse of this and thought it was this one so will be nice to see how both turn out, Smoothed is much nicer i reckon

• Like 1

Looking good. Looks like you need some spacers on the rear though

haha thought someone might mention this ,it is like this only when is lowered @ 25 but I might try some spacers later in the year ... who would have thought this on 13.5j's...

in case you are wondering what is going on with my build ....well things are still moving

ignoring the fugly black base dip in the below pics,I am trying to blend the kit in...which for me is by far the most dirty and annoying job ever but has to be done...

so here working on one side of the car,I am using 3 filler types ,some p40 bridging compound,after some standard upol filler and later a upol top filler for a fine surface

still a bit to do tomorrow but hopefully one side will be complete

17821208_1285565204812464_1846175679_n_zpseazpxcsl.jpg

17806781_1285565161479135_1328004096_n_zpssnajjgid.jpg

17841848_1285565158145802_810881516_n_zpslnas29bu.jpg

17793438_1285565154812469_952022414_n_zpsqqn5jmba.jpg

17842277_1285565121479139_1967138855_n_zpspji03zlp.jpg

Edited by valy
  • Like 1