New member, will add drift build thread soon

Hello, I'm callum from hartlepool. I've had a 300zx tt manual drift car and now on my 3rd 350z.

Currently building the 3rd to use as a comp car for drift cup next year, I'll be running the stock engine but possibly on a rear mounted turbo running low boost while i build up my spare de.

I'm still rather new to zeds and dont really know much of the background on the vq motor series so any heads up on what to lookout for and any common modifications to consider would be greatly appreciated. Before zeds i was a lexus, s and r chassis guy so V engines are all new to me!

post-28965-0-00547200-1467149820_thumb.jpg

post-28965-0-51015300-1467149821_thumb.jpg

post-28965-0-68490100-1467149822_thumb.jpg

Welcome callum, Im local myself and have seen you out drifting at Middlesbrough. Got you on fb so will look forward to seeing your progress.

Oh really! I've started an album on my Facebook of the progress actually, have a look :)

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

3rd Zed and they're still new to you!!???

Haha yeah, bit of a disaster story actually.

Bought my first zed and the next day the bottom end went annoyingly due to a rusty oil filter that had leaked all the oil out. I bought the second one as a donor, it was a cat c but the gt model so I stole all the cool bits.

After all the work making it nice the car was vandalised and all the roof was dented in so I got another zed this time with a dead engine to reshell into, during this I lost the keys to the first one and had to smash the window to get in and still trying to figure out how to open the doors since their deadlocked :(

All in the space of 6 months -_-

Plus side I'm putting the engine from the 300zx in the first shell which should be fun!

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

• Like 1