Which bonnet?

KyleR

28 members have voted

1. 1. Which bonnet

• Keep it OEM DE.
    • OEM HR
    • Carbon fibre HR TS
    • Carbon Fibre HR TS paint gunmetal to match.

So as some of you will know, I've bought another Zed, unfortunately the front bumper is probably the worst paint job I've ever seen, along with a few stone chips on the bonnet and wings, so I've decided to get the front end resprayed. Here she is for reference.

273CF337-9978-4B2D-B8DD-74B5DF380724.jpg

My question to you is: Which bonnet should I get, if any?

I stole a photo of the carbon bonnet from Taddys old Fs ad:

DSC_0614.jpg

Edited by KyleR

It's completely down to you really... everyone will have their own opinion on what looks best, but at the end of the day, you're the one who's going to have to live with it on a daily basis. Do what you think will look best! :thumbs:

I myself would definitely take the carbon fibre option as I think carbon looks especially good contrasting against the gunmetal paintwork!

I'd say OEM HR bonnet, ...although I would agree with Ekona about going with the carbon fibre bonnet and painting it the same colour as your car but then I really don't like the slots/cut outs in that carbon fibre bonnet at all so that's why I'd say the HR bonnet. ;)

Your Zed though Kyle so whatever floats your boat. :thumbs:

Thanks for the opinions and votes. I tend to agree with the majority at the moment. The HR's hump is a much better looking design than the DE and I think the carbon fibre hood is too aggressive for the style of car, if it was my old Zed with carbon V2 etc, I'd have the carbon bonnet in a heart beat.

I might be in the minority, but I'm not a big fan of the HR bulge. I'm biased but I like the look of the OEM DE bonnet.

I also think that the front end of my Zed would give yours a run for 'worst paint job'. The bumper is a totally different tone of blue and it's absolutely littered with stone chips (bonnet included). A front end respray is a must as soon as I've got 'necessary' fixes out of the way (such as deciding between standard shocks or coilovers).

Edited by RavenDW