TVR Tuscan - track day pics pg8

Commander

I know lots of guys don`t like to see the garage mechanic road testing their car but back in my day you did the work and then road tested it to make sure it was ok and nothing like this ever happened.

I expect a garage to road test it. But not abuse it for obvious reasons. People who I don't trust don't get my car. Simple.

Commander are things working out and getting resolved?

Redlining was never considered abuse

I used to judge a car by its speed in 2nd gear... Mitsubishi starion turbo, 70 in second still one of the best :D

Wedding went off beautifully - I'll post the car pictures up when I get them from the photographer.

Stage 1 of the honeymoon is a few days here - http://www.hshotels.co.uk/bailiffscourt-hotel-and-spa

I won't bore you with pictures of how beautiful the rooms and grounds are, or how bloody good the food is, but I was chuffed that I can see the motor from one of our bedroom windows :)

004AF9D7-01AF-49A1-BBE6-E49E7A32A367.jpg

Love this hotel, we went there last year for a couple of days, we were in the same bit as you, in fact I think it may have been that exact room. What was the name?

Love the TVR.

• Like 1

Love this hotel, we went there last year for a couple of days, we were in the same bit as you, in fact I think it may have been that exact room. What was the name?

Love the TVR.

Can't remember the name of the room, but it's basically the honeymoon suite. Eye watering costs, but I only plan on having one honeymoon, so screw it! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Took the Tiv to Costco a few days ago with the Mrs - as we were getting out a guy came over with his daughter... "this is my favorite car ever - can I take a picture of it with my daughter for the Mrs?"

Heh, of course I let him... never had that with a car I own before... cheered me right up! :)

• Like 1

Went to a track day at Abingdon last Friday - went in the Tiv bit didn't take it out - just went as a passenger with a couple of mates in their respective RX7 and Elise as they are both fairly new to track days - 3rd day for one of them and 1st day for the other.

The RX7 driver was quite reserved, the Elise driver had a couple of spins :)

Anyway, here's some pics...

6A1B6AB8-944D-49BC-AD31-21F5D29115B9.jpg

Left to right:

TVR Tuscan, M12 Noble, Cayman GT4, F430 Scag, Z4 3.0

6130B8EF-C239-4D52-BED6-2C4BD18CE6A5.jpg

Left to Right:

Honda-Civic-engine'd Elise, RX7, M5 (straight-through exhaust; didn't go out but sounded excellent), V6 Exige, TVR Tuscan 4.0, M12 Noble Twin Turbo V6, Cayman GT4, F430 Scag, Z4 3.0

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

TVR sold; need to sell the Z too - time to spend some money on the house and just have one car for a while.

Not sure what car though - nothing else this side of 80k comes close to the Tuscan's character, let alone for my ~22.5k budget. Needs to at least be a 2+2.

Suggestions?

Jag XKR

Jag XFR

Merc E350

BMW E90 M3

Merc C63 AMG

E60 M5 / M6

Cayman / 911 (too many engine horror stories?)

What else ya got?

• Like 1

Need to spend money on the house, but list a 911 as a new purchase........

Not 'new' new, just a 996/997 maybe... won't be a Turbo either.

Essentially it's a juggling exercise - change from two cars worth 30k plus whatever I'm paying for 2x TAX / Insurance / MOT, to one car for 20-25k. Spend the difference on the house to keep the Mrs happy and (hopefully, possibly, maybe) reduce my outgoings a bit by only running one car instead of two.

Sad to see it go (sounds like it was my car)! Good luck with the new project and car. :teeth:

Maserati 3200 or 4200?

Very sad to see it go - it's beautiful, sounds awesome, and mechanically sound.

I can't get excited about the looks of the older Maseratis :-( the newer ones look and sound good, but 30k minimum is beyond my finances at the moment.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...