Fangs and 'diffuser' section painted satin black...

steve1873

Had my car in recently getting a respray and decided to get the fangs and rear section between exhaust tips painted satin black. Had seen a few pics of similar, but was unsure if I would like finished article. Really pleased with the result and the contrast of the satin black with the lovely new glossy red looks great IMO.

Anyway, here is a couple pics...

2r59qwi.jpg

snozsm.jpg

1195qp1.jpg

• Like 3

Looks great, loved the look of GUNS too, tempted to try it on my black rose but not sure it will have the same effect

Go on Will, do yours, post up some pictures, then I can decide whether to do the same to Rosie :lol:
  • Like 1

I plastidip sprayed my old gun metal 350z front spoiler centre, thought it looked great and can be peeled off at any time.

Like Will not sure it will work on Black Rose but interested to see any that have been done.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I used Plastidip on mine, was never sure about the Glossifier after though. Found it incredibly hard to spray and get a proper gloss coat, it always seemed to look patchy to me. Looked great though!

20160420_153129_zpswzkv1ayf.jpg

How easy was it to take the masking tape off after Plastidipping? I found it incredibly hard on the 350 shape, without the edges peeling?

How easy was it to take the masking tape off after Plastidipping? I found it incredibly hard on the 350 shape, without the edges peeling?

I found it really easy after following instructions on internet. Trick was to get clean masking lines, and spray decent coats on. Never let it fully dry before next coat, and on the final coat remove the masking tape immediately and it should come off in a clean edge as its still wet. If any layer has dried it'll pull and peel. Sounds daft but also using genuine Plastidip and not eBay rubber coat stuff.

For spray coverage a tip I found out was to put the can in warm water for 10 mins before spraying, and that the American cans have better spray nozels compared to UK cans. Seller on eBay has the american cans but cant remember the name