350z Nurburgring crash over easter

Mikevv

Not sure if this is in the right section, but I watch a fair few of these vids at work and when I get home ( probably why I get nothing done but hey, they still pay me :teeth: )

Spotted this poor 350z hitting the barrier quite hard :(

Hope it's not anyone from on here, and even if it isn't, I hope they are okay!

Edited by Mikevv

Ouch!

That DC2 was lucky towards the end - looked like he just missed his front along the barrier

I know right, not sure if luck or skill, but I think he's clear of any damage - ignoring his pride though.

Cant believe the idiots that go along to watch and then laugh at people who crash. What's funny about that? For me the ring is just too big of a risk to go to. I used to want to go their just to say i'd done it, now, i'm really not bothered.

• Like 2

Hey, maybe his Wanli's are rated for wet racing, you never know ;)

On a more serious note, I get pee'd off too when they cheer and clap for an accident - I'd do the opposite!

Cheer and clap etc for a good save!

Seen a few where they spun a full 360 or more and the "crowd" are silent, almost disappointing that the car didn't get wrecked - Grinds my gears.

If you drive to the conditions then most of those could have been avoided: just saying.

Bingo.

Some bonkers pace/lines in that kind of weather.

Felt a bit sorry for the Jag XJ though, that looked pretty unlucky to me.

If you drive to the conditions then most of those could have been avoided: just saying.

Bingo.

Felt a bit sorry for the Jag XJ though, that looked pretty unlucky to me.

Don't respect the ring, you're going to have a bad time.

Hey, maybe his Wanli's are rated for wet racing, you never know ;)

Wanli's! These where fitted to my Racing Puma the day i picked it up- i swear they must have been asbestos based as they never wore down and where rock hard... Shote handling wet or dry, but 4 wheel lifting at 40mph on some roundabouts was immense fun.

Bingo.

Yep I agree.

I've seen it plenty of times at race circuits in the past and imo, not necessarily all of them but a lot of those drivers were showing off somewhat either to the crowd, passengers or on board cameras leading to them not driving within their limits & pushing too hard in poor conditions.

Always a shame seeing a nice motor getting smashed up & the people who cheer are just d**kheads. :dry:

im going in a few weeks and exactly what youve said. if its raining, ill just grab a beer and watch - literally no point going out in the wet.

the rain just makes the track awful to drive with any fun as youre just worried every bend.

Going back to the OP, it does look like a UK plate so wouldnt surprise me if its a member on here. Not very often you see nismo skirts, black alloys and smoothed spoiler on non-enthusiast cars afterall.... :surrender:

• 1 month later...

A couple of us went out in the GTRs for a pedestrian lap, just to say we have done it, which was good.... torrential rain, rivers on either side of the crests, etc. Have also done a lap in Leaf :wacko: which was a bit weird, especially the carousel.....

Not a track I would do at pace in the GTR without knowing the track, so many blind turn-ins or braking zones that if you miss you are in the barrier.

They do rent track prepared clios, etc which are supposed to be good fun and you get an instructor, so if you do feel like trying your luck, use someone elses car. Be warned, the excess is a bit excessive ;)