Alternative car recommendations

ilogikal1

Tee Vee Ar!

Running costs... ;):lol:

Can't be that bad if you avoid the Speed6 and get one with the outriggers already sorted? Chimaera 500 for example - Rover V8 and a Borg and Warner Gear Box... Not that much to go wrong on one of them, surely?

Edited by Commander
  • Like 1

I don't know enough about TVR's to know the details, all I do know is that I regularly see a good mix of them on the side of the road with bonnets up, certainly moreso than Zeds of which the OP wanted something with similar running costs.

• Like 1

All been mentioned really, I have a 135 and its bloody good, I also love the Meganes as a drivers car :)

Any DSG Golf is good (the GTI is surprisingly quick) but an E46 M3 ticks all of your boxes and then some ...... the E92 335i is a good, albeit a little soft alternative too.

987 boxster s plus some hair clippers and change back from 12k.

I was actually speaking with a chap this morning selling his for 10k and it was in mint condition. Had to hold myself back from opening negotiations. Didn't sound great though when he drove away. I'm sure an exhaust could sort that.

Mazda MX5 Mk3 and turbo/super charge it?

I've been looking for one already 'charged, largely because I really can't be arsed to do it myself. :lol:

In other news, the Megane and TT are out. The TT bored me to death on the (admittedly short) drive I had in it.

The Megane was entertaining enough but just didn't leave me with that "I must have it" feeling.

The 135i is still being considered :ninja:

Mazda MX5 Mk3 and turbo/super charge it?

I've been looking for one already 'charged, largely because I really can't be arsed to do it myself. :lol:

Drive to BBR, give them the car and some cash, come back to it charged, it doesnt get a lot easier :teeth:

Although i appreciate it will be cheaper buying one done :surrender:

• Like 1

think you might

£12 K - so a top end 350z then :lol:

or a 370z B)

think you might struggle to find a decent 370 for that though

guess you are right but he just needs to up a bit the budget and be a good negotiator :teeth:

My son has a VX220 Turbo well within your price range :teeth: Looking for a buyer at the moment

Stop it. I really need something with a bit more space rather than a bit less (for now). But I really do need something Elise based in my life...

Heart says yes, head says no. So stop it. Obviously send over the details, but stop it. Please. :lol: