Bedford

Jetpilot

It lacks character compared with somewhere like Snetterton or Donington, but the GT circuit has some nice fast corners which can be fun. As Ekona says, there's lots of run-off. Might just be me, but I find my brakes take a real battering there compared with the other circuits I've been to.

Its not Cadwell or Donny but I wouldnt call it dull. Lots of fast sweeping corners, wide (very wide in some parts) and a good surface, with lots of run off its a good track to see what a 350Z can really do.

I as actually suggesting it to a mate as a great place for a first trackday yesterday, I wouldnt mind going back up there sometime :)

• Like 1

Flat, featureless, and a bit dull.

However, it's usually very safe as it has tons of run off, facilities are good and the surface impeccable.

+1 particularly re safety. Also agree with other comments about high potential speeds and brake wear.

• 1 month later...

Well back in one piece, me and the car, so thats always a good start.

I kept getting the noise board so was short shifting in a few spots, but on the most part, i thought it was really good, takes a while to learn the circuit and the lack of features exacerbates the problem imho. I would definitely go back as it was generally quite fun. There was another 350 there, very competent driver and was giving me the hurry up :)

I am still not totally confident with the car, it may sound weird, but i am putting it down to the steering wheel, they are just huuugggeee and just doesnt feel right to me, i tried adjusting the seat and wheel height but just couldnt get comfy, going to try a smaller wheel see if that makes a difference.

Highlight of the day, my mate generously let me have a few laps in his supercharged Atom, now that is proper fun.

Edited by Jetpilot

Lol! Supercharged Atom must have been an animal!

I quite enjoyed my day at Bedford, despite the noise issues - apparently it was a windy day so it made the drive-by limits easier to exceed, and a lot of people did.

At Bedford, at least when I was there with MSV, it was one strike and out with noise - if you were close you got a noise board but if you exceeded the limit, it was game over. At Brands, they at least give you a final chance to reduce the dB.

A few people asked me how I didn't get black flagged for noise, as there's a long straight past the pit & apparently it was quite loud - the microphones are eay to spot, so I had to lift off / change up past them (was frustrating as you end up letting people past then overtaking them shortly after - sure a few must have thought wtf!)

Few people were getting no drifting boards too (mainly M3s) - you can have a little fun with this it seems! Especially with the generous width of track and generous run off.

Stock cats back on now, might go back at some point.

Edited by Oversteer

Will keep you posted if we have any more days coming up as i notice your from Bournemouth too.

To be honest not one 350z owner thinks my car is loud, i was only having the p*ss ripped today at the zed shed asking if my car was running (they think their funny), so i am not too fussed if Bedford is close to limits as it wont be a regular anyway.

Although i may experiment with a proper silenced x pipe on another exhaust.

Edited by Jetpilot