Javelin Trackday @ MSVT Bedford on Grand Tourismo Circuit

Mark@Abbey m/s

We had our 1st Outing out in our 350Z track car last week @ Bedford with Javelin Track days. Very lucky with the weather as the next day was a horrible day. Car worked real well looks like we have found the limit on the AST single adjustable dampers, car needs to run some harder springs which the dampers wont control.

So I will have some AST single adjustable dampers for sale soon (no rear springs thou) as we run SPL rear lower arms to allow us to run 2 1/4 ID springs so we can get a better supply of rear springs easier.

A few Pictures from during the day , my wife drives the car for the majority of the time thou ;-(

BIcfRC.jpg

EJ3Xs2.jpg

xiMNun.jpg

X1hEyw.jpg

hc37cR.jpg

7wwz3e.jpg

axtNOT.jpg

EFe8l6.jpg

bi4RdT.jpg

ca8w7B.jpg

sxIwpH.jpg

k8CWbQ.jpg

YTDBZf.jpg

fxHuN0.jpg

• Like 3

Early model 350Z fitted with HR motor,HKS super sound master exhaust still running stock cats and Uprev remap, Full cage still fitted with full interior trim, Proper seats and 5 point harnesses, extinguisher, AST dampers, numerous uprated suspension arms , Stoptech 355mm dia 4 port calipers all round, Abbey Motorsport engine oil cooler and rear diff oil cooler, OS Giken LSD. Seibon + front wings.

New damper set up def twin adjustable

Rear sub-frame out to change sub-frame mounts (as they are leaking) will change diff mounts and re-bush all the rear suspension at the same time.

Maybe new tyres gong up from 265 to a 285 all round.

New ECU we hope something with proper traction control Syvecs S8.

Edited by Mark@Abbey m/s
  • Like 1

Out of curiosity more than anything, would you say the HR motor is a better base for a track car than the DE or RevUp?

I remember you saying the RevUp is kind of the 'ugly duckling' of the three when I came in for my UpRev tune.

Out of curiosity more than anything, would you say the HR motor is a better base for a track car than the DE or RevUp?

I remember you saying the RevUp is kind of the 'ugly duckling' of the three when I came in for my UpRev tune.

dyno plot of DE (green plot) with Plenum spacer/drop in filter/stock cats and cat back exhaust and tuned with UPREV and our HR cat back exhaust/stock cats /drop in filters and UPREV tune

dMi0VE.jpg

DE is pretty close in midrange torque but once your up in the revs the HR romps away.

below is a dyno plot of a DE with headers (not long tube) and HKS step 1 cams and it isn't far away from the HR just is held back RPM wise.

I6ZuUa.jpg

I think a DE is a very good track car a lot cheaper to buy than a HR car as well. Reason our car has a HR was the DE was using oil and we needed to do some development ECU wise on the HR motors.

• Like 1

dyno plot of DE (green plot) with Plenum spacer/drop in filter/stock cats and cat back exhaust and tuned with UPREV and our HR cat back exhaust/stock cats /drop in filters and UPREV tune

dMi0VE.jpg

DE is pretty close in midrange torque but once your up in the revs the HR romps away.

below is a dyno plot of a DE with headers (not long tube) and HKS step 1 cams and it isn't far away from the HR just is held back RPM wise.

I6ZuUa.jpg

I think a DE is a very good track car a lot cheaper to buy than a HR car as well. Reason our car has a HR was the DE was using oil and we needed to do some development ECU wise on the HR motors.

So if the motor goes its worth changing up go a HR then otherwise both are pretty close? I seem to remember you saying somewhere that swapping the HR into the DE was a massive pain.

dMi0VE.jpg

I6ZuUa.jpg

So if the motor goes its worth changing up go a HR then otherwise both are pretty close? I seem to remember you saying somewhere that swapping the HR into the DE was a massive pain.

No rebuild your motor , fitting a HR isnt worth the money we feel @ Abbey Motorsport

• Like 1