HaydnH - I can't keep up ;)

Keyser

The camera doesn't show it well I swear it looks closer when you are in the car :)

We swapped places as (we were having fun) The frogster is quicker round the bends but nothing in it on the straights.

I will say Haydns brakes are bloomin good :scare:

Still we will try and get some better film next time :thumbs:

If you watch closely and listen on the second bend that is the first right hander I take following you can here the engine cut, we still don't know what caused it happened a few times during the day.

The tank seems to have a sump so it should not be fuel surge but may be - interesting one though. Any thoughts anyone?

EDIT : Does it on the next right as well - its not me sliding the slide is because the engine cuts.

Edited by Keyser
  • Like 1

Nice vid, has the "mean green machine" got a bike engine still. ? :thumbs:

What you mean still!! You think I blew it up :lol:

Yes it's a Yamaha R1 mate :)

Edited by Keyser
  • Like 1

Great video. Love Bedford...you can push it hard as there is so much run off.

What speeds were you doing on the long straight? Think my max in the 50 was 135-140ish before some hard braking for the chicane.

Edited by 370Ad

Great video. Love Bedford...you can push it hard as there is so much run off.

What speeds were you doing on the long straight? Think my max in the 50 was 135-140ish before some hard braking for the chicane.

About the same, I was looking at the boards though for my braking point so not exactly sure.

• Like 1

Only other thing re cut-out I could think of is mounting angle of carbs (assuming it has carbs) - given that the engine is not in it's original application? My first thought was baffles in tank.

Good point - engine is now mounted North South as opposed to original which would be East West so a possibility - apparently it does not have a tip over sensor but the later models do.

Only happens on right hand bends and not all the time.

Only other thing re cut-out I could think of is mounting angle of carbs (assuming it has carbs) - given that the engine is not in it's original application? My first thought was baffles in tank.

Good point - engine is now mounted North South as opposed to original which would be East West so a possibility - apparently it does not have a tip over sensor but the later models do.

Only happens on right hand bends and not all the time.

That would probably make sense then.

I can only think of one other fuelling issue but I have no idea whether this applies to bike engines in cars. On Webers DCOE you would get fuel frothing if they were mounted on the manifold too tightly - you had to have quite a bit of movement in them. If they were too tight the fuel would froth up and you could therefore end up momentarily with nothing but air ....but that would result from the excessive vibration rather than angle of dangle.

Looks like you had a great time! Will keep my eyes open for the next Bedford dates as it looks like a good place for a total novice! :thumbs:

Blyton is more local for you Paddy and quite safe, brillo has just put up a date in September that the beemer crew are going to at Blyton. I had a day booked at the start of August at Blyton but it was cancelled so I need to book another day there soon.