Tyres on your zed

gsexr

Tyres on your zed  

62 members have voted

1. 1. What are the tyres like on your zed

• Have you got matching tyres front and rear
    • Have you got different tyres front to rear

Thought it would be interesting to see how much we are paying for tyres and if we run matching front and rear.

Please dont make this a big discussion about whats best just interested in a rough idea of what most people are doing.

Also be good to see in your post if you paid over £100 each for your tyres or under.

Be kind to each other fellas and me as this is my first poll so if anyone has a better way of putting the questions together then let me know and we can delete this and do their one

Edited by gsexr

Weird how this appeared the day after I told my mate to try and swap all 4 tyres rather than just the front two on his Fiesta ST...

I'm currently running Falken FK453 on Rays - Fitted by previous owner

They're down to about 3mm so will be replacing with MPSS soon ish, but I only do about 5k miles a year.

Does anyone really buy part worns? I really don't trust them personally, do others?

Does anyone really buy part worns? I really don't trust them personally, do others?

when you buy a used car it comes with part worns....................

Yes I really do! I always hand pick and check them first. Never ever had a problem ever.

when you buy a used car it comes with part worns....................

Yeah, and they have been worn in by the car they have always been attached to.

You telling me the tyre won't be any different if worn in by say ( extreme here ) a 1200 kg FWD lunchbox running fat wheels?

I guess you can visually inspect and hope for the best, but I don't see the point in skimping on such a nice car as ours.

Generally a fwd lunchbox with fat wheels ie aftermarket wheels won't be running oe tyre size. When you buy used same fit wheels and tyres, the tyres most often than not are part worns also.

Edited by davey_83

I've put Avon's on mine £450 ish, had the wheels refurbished too, extra of course all round. Not tried it out yet, doing a few odd jobs in he garage while the weather is rubbish.