Tyres on your zed

gsexr

Tyres on your zed  

62 members have voted

1. 1. What are the tyres like on your zed

• Have you got matching tyres front and rear
    • Have you got different tyres front to rear

Generally a fwd lunchbox with fat wheels ie aftermarket wheels won't be running oe tyre size. When you buy used same fit wheels and tyres, the tyres most often than not are part worns also.

What I'm getting at is he might have "big" tyres for his car, but they'd be OEM for another car, therefore wearing weirdly for that model.

My point is that I don't want part worns from some idiot, as it's literally the only thing holding me on the road.

To each there own I guess.

Why would they be worn differently on another car? So long as tracking is good then they should wear evenly just like on any car. I have MPSS all round on mine but I've bought part worn in the past on other cars. Wouldn't touch a used and puncture repaired tyre but one that's done a few miles with no damage and even wear I wouldn't have a problem with.

• Like 1

I buy them in pairs from the same axle and never with any repairs, the ones I've just got have 7mm of tread and look like new but 1/3 of the price. I don't see the problem if your careful and know what your actually looking at.

• Like 1

Generally a fwd lunchbox with fat wheels ie aftermarket wheels won't be running oe tyre size. When you buy used same fit wheels and tyres, the tyres most often than not are part worns also.

What I'm getting at is he might have "big" tyres for his car, but they'd be OEM for another car, therefore wearing weirdly for that model.

My point is that I don't want part worns from some idiot, as it's literally the only thing holding me on the road.

To each there own I guess.

not seen any fwd cars with aftermarket 18' alloys wear 45 profile tyres. they going to be using 35's or 40's for that low profile look on a small hot hatch. you'll find 45' profile 18 tyres part worns are going to have come of a Jag, BMW, Benz or Audi more than likely. driven any better or worst than a fwd car, dunno really however if they look ok, hold pressure and wear seems even doubt you'll have any major issues.

david

For rear just bought 2x 245/45/18 100Y MPSS for £133 each from Tyreleader with £12 each for fitting from one of their local agreed fitters. Plan to replace fronts with MPSS which are 225/45/18 95Y for £130 +£12 as fronts called Rockstone and grip as name implies.

For rear just bought 2x 245/45/18 100Y MPSS for £133 each from Tyreleader with £12 each for fitting from one of their local agreed fitters. Plan to replace fronts with MPSS which are 225/45/18 95Y for £130 +£12 as fronts called Rockstone and grip as name implies.

Good price, last time I checked they came out around £560-£580... I'll keep them in mind when I buy next month :)

• 3 months later...

Put recently Yohohamas AD08R. Superb tyre. In a long time i haven't ride something with so much gripe, feedback. I reckon it will take much time till something overtake AD08R from my Zed

Sent from my SM-G850F using Tapatalk

R888R ;)

Haven't tried them, and i still cant go there due to MOT rules here. I need to stay within 3% of total OEM diameter of wheels. So in 245/40/18 & 265/40/18 i only had AD08R.

Buddy has them on his boosted roadster with 800 bhp loves them. Although on last SR even 60ft was only 0.1 difference. I was thinking it would be even larger since R888R pure semi slick while AD08R is somekind of hybrid

Also what i love about Yokohamas is that you can drive very confident and I would say for this type of tire very fast in wet

Edited by Snjur
  • Like 1

R888R ;)

Haven't tried them, and i still cant go there due to MOT rules here. I need to stay within 3% of total OEM diameter of wheels. So in 245/40/18 & 265/40/18 i only had AD08R.

Buddy has them on his boosted roadster with 800 bhp loves them. Although on last SR even 60ft was only 0.1 difference. I was thinking it would be even larger since R888R pure semi slick while AD08R is somekind of hybrid

Also what i love about Yokohamas is that you can drive very confident and I would say for this type of tire very fast in wet

YAY I'm not the only AD08R fan then! :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thought it would be interesting to see how much we are paying for tyres and if we run matching front and rear.

MPSS all round £560 incl fitting (& shopping around)

Rears 245/45/18 (x2) £280 incl fitting Asda with code 1401234567

Fronts 225/45/18 (x2) £240 plus fitting Tyreleader

Matching fronts and rears is advisable (as is buying new ones!)