Please help! Why have i only got one air intake on my 07 vq35hr?

ZedJosh93

Of corse i did some research before buying and thought all 07 and above are hr engines, just thought this hr only had one ai, plus the manual said vq35 hr. You live and learn!

Got any photos uploaded yet?

I always get excited that I might see my old car when someone mentions an 07 . . . been disappointed so far :lol:

Of corse i did some research before buying and thought all 07 and above are hr engines, just thought this hr only had one ai, plus the manual said vq35 hr. You live and learn!

So did I and you'll notice my joining date!

Either way you've got a decent car. Just cello tape another duct to the other side when you come to sell it on! :lol:

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

RevUp doesn't have 'massive' oil issues, there are some that burn more oil than your standard DE, but not all.

I have an 07 RevUp DE, doesn't burn oil at any particularly great rate, particularly given the huge mileage I put on it.

People are making it sound like the RevUp's some kinda dud, but I drove the standard DE before the RevUp and the difference in power's very noticeable, not mention the facelift and nicer interior, and for what, another £220 a year in tax? I spend £80 a week on fuel, what the hell difference is another £220 hahaha.

Sorry, only slightly related to the OP: enjoy your car mate, I love my 07 RevUp ;)

RevUp doesn't have 'massive' oil issues, there are some that burn more oil than your standard DE, but not all.

I have an 07 RevUp DE, doesn't burn oil at any particularly great rate, particularly given the huge mileage I put on it.

People are making it sound like the RevUp's some kinda dud, but I drove the standard DE before the RevUp and the difference in power's very noticeable, not mention the facelift and nicer interior, and for what, another £220 a year in tax? I spend £80 a week on fuel, what the hell difference is another £220 hahaha.

Sorry, only slightly related to the OP: enjoy your car mate, I love my 07 RevUp ;)

I am not hating on the rev up but I did believe there was an oil issue with this engine. This obviously doesn't affect all cars and if kept on top of isn't a problem at all.

I also wouldn't say the 20bhp difference is noticeable. If you had two random drivers race a DE 50 against a 70 I would say it comes down to the driver more than the car. This is especially noticeable during Z only track times!

Wooooooow there whats this HR oil gasket issue thing... Someone explain to me what it is and when it might happen lol Im on 73K ish and ive never had oil related issues (touch wood) lol

Just keep an eye on your oil pressure. Im running my HR on 92k and trying not to think to much about it. Research suggests its a 50 gasket that costs about 900 to fit.

Power isn't noticeable, it's the extra revs that make the Revup and HR more delicious to drive :)

Indeed. It's that spare headroom at the top of the range. I think they're mapped slightly differently too, but I'm not gunna pretend to know anything about that.

Wooooooow there whats this HR oil gasket issue thing... Someone explain to me what it is and when it might happen lol Im on 73K ish and ive never had oil related issues (touch wood) lol

Just keep an eye on your oil pressure. Im running my HR on 92k and trying not to think to much about it. Research suggests its a 50 gasket that costs about 900 to fit.

The two troublesome gaskets arent too bad ie less than £50 but shockingly the 6 o rings that need replacing at the same time cost £56 on their own, by the time you have bought all the bits you need gaskets, o rings and seals wise (Plus we uprate the bolts at the same time) its about £200

• Like 1

200 is not bad.

Didnt someone say 900 before haha

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Then you have labour on top of that. Have a look through my build thread ( link in signature)

Happened to me without realising there was a problem. I read about it on here.

All sorted now though, thanks to cougar store

200 is not bad.

Didnt someone say 900 before haha

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Then you have labour on top of that. Have a look through my build thread ( link in signature)

Happened to me without realising there was a problem. I read about it on here.

All sorted now though, thanks to cougar store

700 quid labour!

We swapped a zed engine over for 50 quid more!