Brexit 23rd June..?

coldel

168 members have voted

1. 1. How are you likely to vote in the upcoming EU referendum

• Stay
    • Leave
    • Unsure
    • Not going to vote

It's a strange phenomenon, I speak to my west coast colleagues and they are fearful of him winning yet the majority of east coasters seem to support him or at least some of what he's suggesting.

They all do have one thing in common and that's they are fed up of the establishment making promises they can never deliver due to bureaucracy and the speed to which their system works to.

It's a strange phenomenon, I speak to my west coast colleagues and they are fearful of him winning yet the majority of east coasters seem to support him or at least some of what he's suggesting.

They all do have one thing in common and that's they are fed up of the establishment making promises they can never deliver due to bureaucracy and the speed to which their system works to.

Yet none of that will change with that numpty in charge. I'm yet to see a decent debate from him on any subject when he doesn't bring up "I'm so successful etc".

The mans a clown and the thought of his and putins ego scares me.

• Like 1

Trump will, if he got in, be shown up as pretty much the same as all that came before him. Most of the stuff he promises is so impossible to implement without international condemnation the soothsayers at the white house I am sure would never allow it. You can't just shout down people that offer a different view in international politics..!

Trump will, if he got in, be shown up as pretty much the same as all that came before him. Most of the stuff he promises is so impossible to implement without international condemnation the soothsayers at the white house I am sure would never allow it. You can't just shout down people that offer a different view in international politics..!

I think he will be assassinated before he finishes his first term.

• Like 1

Tell you what though, I can't imagine things *not* getting done with him in charge. He's from a business world not a political one, so if someone isn't doing exactly what he says then that person will be out the door. I'm not saying that that would necessarily be a good thing, but it would shake the system up. At the moment the US, even more so than here, play fast and free with politics to get them to where they want to be, rather than what they actually believe in.

Interesting times ahead.

Could it be the catalyst for other countries to have referendums, i am thinking it might. Thanks for your views.

I guess it all depends on the strength of opinion in political parties and the public on leaving. A fair few countries in the EU like being in the EU, I know when I lived in France being able to travel freely by land without a passport across Europe and use the same currency and not invoke taxes crossing borders was an absolute godsend as I was travelling nearly every week, my team was spread across France, Germany, Belgium, Spain, Greece etc.

Tell you what though, I can't imagine things *not* getting done with him in charge. He's from a business world not a political one, so if someone isn't doing exactly what he says then that person will be out the door. I'm not saying that that would necessarily be a good thing, but it would shake the system up. At the moment the US, even more so than here, play fast and free with politics to get them to where they want to be, rather than what they actually believe in.

Interesting times ahead.

Don't really understand this since Obama has brought USA quite a long way (from the stats I am seeing)...so is not like some are not doing their job and this so called businessman who inherited all his fortune from his parents will put things right....apparently he would have made 4 times more money from the moment he inherited dads fortune if he would have put it in a trust fund and not mess around ....simple one just look at how much strenght the dollar has gained (for various reasons of course) I remember we can almost buy 2 dollars with a pound once ....

Don't really understand this since Obama has brought USA quite a long way (from the stats I am seeing)...so is not like some are not doing their job and this so called businessman who inherited all his fortune from his parents will put things right....apparently he would have made 4 times more money from the moment he inherited dads fortune if he would have put it in a trust fund and not mess around ....simple one just look at how much strenght the dollar has gained (for various reasons of course) I remember we can almost buy 2 dollars with a pound once ....

Or has the pound weakened that much? ;)

Obama wanted power over money, hence he went into politics. He does seem a pretty genuine guy though, and I'd happily go for a beer with him, but at the same time I think he's just as shrewd as anyone. I'm not saying that Trump will make everything right, what I'm saying is that he won't stand for playing games and will simply shift people on if they don't agree with him. He's already shown that he's not afraid to say exactly what he thinks, even if that may cost him votes and popularity: Make no mistake, the banning Muslims and the Mexican wall thing were huge gambles for him, especially when it's so politically sensitive to suggest either.

and Obama has made USA people more united which is quite a challenge.... considering that this trump is already dividing the nation and is not even in charge :doh:

I'd argue the US is as divided as ever under Obama, especially when it comes to race.

Or has the pound weakened that much? ;)

Obama wanted power over money, hence he went into politics. He does seem a pretty genuine guy though, and I'd happily go for a beer with him, but at the same time I think he's just as shrewd as anyone. I'm not saying that Trump will make everything right, what I'm saying is that he won't stand for playing games and will simply shift people on if they don't agree with him. He's already shown that he's not afraid to say exactly what he thinks, even if that may cost him votes and popularity: Make no mistake, the banning Muslims and the Mexican wall thing were huge gambles for him, especially when it's so politically sensitive to suggest either.

and Obama has made USA people more united which is quite a challenge.... considering that this trump is already dividing the nation and is not even in charge :doh:

I'd argue the US is as divided as ever under Obama, especially when it comes to race.

I admire Trump's honesty. I'm not saying I agree with everything he says, but it makes a refreshing change from the standard spin-heavy approach to politics. I'm pretty sure that there are plenty of people who agree with the more controversial stuff but would never admit to it (or don't realise it) anyway.

• Like 1

That's why he has so much support, I think. People are voting for him simply because he's not like the others, and says some fairly obvious things.

I don't disagree that some of his policies are borderline racist and pretty insane, but neither am I going to write the guy off as a complete nutter who has no idea what he's talking about.

• Like 1

That's why he has so much support, I think. People are voting for him simply because he's not like the others, and says some fairly obvious things.

I don't disagree that some of his policies are borderline racist and pretty insane, but neither am I going to write the guy off as a complete nutter who has no idea what he's talking about.

...more importantly though, could you vote for him

Trump is openly racist, misogynistic and sexist, and clearly has no time for anyone earning less than $60K a year, which is most of the country he is looking to "lead".

Hes not a successful businessman, having repeatedly presided over companies that have crashed and burned and I read the other day that he would actually have been richer if he had just stuck his inheritance into a bank.

His first reaction to any criticism is to sue and its well known hes a fcuking horrible man.

Heres some quotes for you, if you really think this man is fit to lead the USA then I suggest you go live there ......... if you get the chance read this: http://www.cracked.c...lieve-are-true/ as a good indicator too.

"[i am] calling for a total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering the United States until our country's representatives can figure out what is going on" -- Donald Trump. That's religious discrimination.

"An 'extremely credible source' has called my office and told me that Barack Obama's birth certificate is a fraud" -- Donald Trump. That's an outright lie.

"Arianna Huffington is unattractive, both inside and out. I fully understand why her former husband left her for a man - he made a good decision." -- Donald Trump. This is sexism, and just plain rude.

"You know, it really doesn't matter what the media write as long as you've got a young, and beautiful, piece of @!$%#." - Donald Trump. This is misogyny at its finest.

"I will build a great wall -- and nobody builds walls better than me, believe me -- and I'll build them very inexpensively. I will build a great, great wall on our southern border, and I will make Mexico pay for that wall. Mark my words." - Donald Trump. The words of an arrogant hate monger.

"When Mexico sends its people, they're not sending the best. They're not sending you, they're sending people that have lots of problems and they're bringing those problems with us. They're bringing drugs. They're bringing crime. They're rapists... And some, I assume, are good people." -- Donald Trump. Racist.

"Our great African-American President hasn't exactly had a positive impact on the thugs who are so happily and openly destroying Baltimore." -- Donald Trump. Racist.

"If I were running 'The View', I'd fire Rosie O'Donnell. I mean, I'd look at her right in that fat, ugly face of hers, I'd say 'Rosie, you're fired." -- Donald Trump. The words of an @!$%#.

"The beauty of me is that I'm very rich." - Donald Trump. So Vain.

"It's freezing and snowing in New York - we need global warming!" - Donald Trump. Ignorant.

"My fingers are long and beautiful, as, it has been well documented, are various other parts of my body." - Donald Trump. Gross.

"I think the only difference between me and the other candidates is that I'm more honest and my women are beautiful." - Donald Trump. Sexist. As if women are possessions rather than people. And also a lie. A lie about how honest he is.

Edited by docwra
  • Like 1

That hasn't got much to do with the EU mate :lol:

I like him, and sadly I see a crap ton of mis-information being banded around which is large catalysed from the opposition. Careful where you get your 'information'.

stay_on_target3_zpsf1a3db4e.jpg

• Like 2

Trump is openly racist, misogynistic and sexist, and clearly has no time for anyone earning less than $60K a year, which is most of the country he is looking to "lead".

Hes not a successful businessman, having repeatedly presided over companies that have crashed and burned and I read the other day that he would actually have been richer if he had just stuck his inheritance into a bank.

His first reaction to any criticism is to sue and its well known hes a fcuking horrible man.

Heres some quotes for you, if you really think this man is fit to lead the USA then I suggest you go live there ......... if you get the chance read this: http://www.cracked.c...lieve-are-true/ as a good indicator too.

"[i am] calling for a total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering the United States until our country's representatives can figure out what is going on" -- Donald Trump. That's religious discrimination.

"An 'extremely credible source' has called my office and told me that Barack Obama's birth certificate is a fraud" -- Donald Trump. That's an outright lie.

"Arianna Huffington is unattractive, both inside and out. I fully understand why her former husband left her for a man - he made a good decision." -- Donald Trump. This is sexism, and just plain rude.

"You know, it really doesn't matter what the media write as long as you've got a young, and beautiful, piece of @!$%#." - Donald Trump. This is misogyny at its finest.

"I will build a great wall -- and nobody builds walls better than me, believe me -- and I'll build them very inexpensively. I will build a great, great wall on our southern border, and I will make Mexico pay for that wall. Mark my words." - Donald Trump. The words of an arrogant hate monger.

"When Mexico sends its people, they're not sending the best. They're not sending you, they're sending people that have lots of problems and they're bringing those problems with us. They're bringing drugs. They're bringing crime. They're rapists... And some, I assume, are good people." -- Donald Trump. Racist.

"Our great African-American President hasn't exactly had a positive impact on the thugs who are so happily and openly destroying Baltimore." -- Donald Trump. Racist.

"If I were running 'The View', I'd fire Rosie O'Donnell. I mean, I'd look at her right in that fat, ugly face of hers, I'd say 'Rosie, you're fired." -- Donald Trump. The words of an @!$%#.

"The beauty of me is that I'm very rich." - Donald Trump. So Vain.

"It's freezing and snowing in New York - we need global warming!" - Donald Trump. Ignorant.

"My fingers are long and beautiful, as, it has been well documented, are various other parts of my body." - Donald Trump. Gross.

"I think the only difference between me and the other candidates is that I'm more honest and my women are beautiful." - Donald Trump. Sexist. As if women are possessions rather than people. And also a lie. A lie about how honest he is.

Exactly! A total fascist

Most of the last two pages have been about Trump, and regardless, it scares the @*!# out of me when I see anyone making positive comments about him so I feel the need to redress the balance.

Sure, he gets a bad press but theres a reason for that

It's true though. Also I don't think it's sexist at all, it's just a personal insult which either makes you despise the man for poor taste or love him for speaking his mind. We've all said things about other people we don't like that may well be in poor taste, but because we keep it between our friends then it's deemed okay. Because he says it out loud, suddenly it's incredibly offensive? Are we as two-faced as we deem him to be? I don't know.

I know I'm coming over as a Trump-apologiser, and I really don't mean to be as I think he'd be an utterly dreadful world leader. I just find the situation fascinating. He's just an excellent public speaker who knows exactly who he's aiming at, and how to get results.

• Like 1

....I think he'd be an utterly dreadful world leader.

Ultimately that doesn't matter too much as it's the team that surrounds them which sway them one way or another.

He knows how to get decent people around him, that is strength and wise. (now as to whether they'd be good, hah who knows!)